BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Aston Villa

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 valuable points infront of the new owners.

Great weekend for Rovers :)

11th position

Clean sheet

90 mins for Dunny

2 goals for Peders

Jones looked brilliant defensively again

Our defence played superb.

Goulon debut

Loads of positives today.

Let's hope the new owners don't assume we play like that all the time and instead of investing in players they invest 5m on heating at Ewood instead. :lol:

• Backroom

Brilliant result, absolutely delighted with that! Villa had more possession but I never thought they looked much of a threat. Early in the first half it looked like they were going to torment us down the wings, but that never came to fruition. We shut them out and limited them to mostly long shots. Samba and Nelsen were immense today, as was Phil Jones. Robbo also played well without having too much to do. Roberts did well up front, I thought, and was more effective than Kalinic probably would have been. EH Diouf missed a couple of sitters but retained the ball very well. MGP came up with the goods again today, he's starting to win me over. Overall an efficient and solid performance from most of the team.

I thought Dunn and Givet were poor today. Dunn never really did anything of note and Givet is under a really bad spell at the moment. Hope he snaps out of it soon.

Overall though, a solid performance and a much needed 3 points :)

We defended really well today. With the ball we were pretty clueless - but Villa were so bad we could have scored five!

Rovers have a very promising looking set of Christmas fixtures coming up and we are in great form at the moment, Spurs aside. Pedersen is back on top, Hoilett and Diouf both look dangerous, Jones does the defensive role excellently and Roberts is in good form. Only real weak links at the moment seem to be Dunn and Chimbonda.

First win by more than a goal in 24 games.

Felt like a long time, didn't realise it was that long!

Solid defensive performance today and a couple of goals from Pedersen got us the win. Thought our open play really wasn't that great but was enough to beat a Villa side missing players. Pedersen starting to find the back of the net, first time he has scored 4 league goals in a season since the 2007 season.

Three vital points.

Archived