BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Aston Villa

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very good win against a very good side..

Villa, a good side? :blink: They looked what they are today - extremely ordinary. Sky had been creaming themselves all afternoon about them signing Pires, who was past it when he left Arsenal.

Another massive win with some very winnable games ahead next month, along with a trip to Old Trafford to face the poorest United side in decades.

Dunn was ok today, came close to giving it away stupidly at times, but the 90 minutes will have done him no harm...(hopefully).

Delighted that the new owners have gotten off to a good start.

Onwards and upwards :rover:

Nullify Ashley Young you nullify villa - at times I was scared with Salgado against him but once again Michel used his experience excellently.

Not sure what the 'low on confidence' remark was about by Mrs Desai but I would suggest that after today it is anything but

Well done to all, good performance all round, some iffy moments but that's all part and parcel.

Dunn 90 minutes he needed that another yard to gain and he;ll be half way there.

Thought Roberts was excellent today, just what Dr Sam ordered.

Sam, please leave Chimbondo at Brockhall, Thanks.

Well done to all, good performance all round, some iffy moments but that's all part and parcel.

Dunn 90 minutes he needed that another yard to gain and he;ll be half way there.

Thought Roberts was excellent today, just what Dr Sam ordered.

Sam, please leave Chimbondo at Brockhall, Thanks.

I thought Chimbonda had one of his better games today to be honest.

Good to see Goulon make his debut and MGP was pretty impressive overall, not just for the two well-taken goals.

Couple of misplaced passes, but 5 goals in his last 5 matches (inc Norway) is a fantastic return.

Dunny still looks off the pace by a few seconds, but did show a couple of glimpses of creativity that we've been lacking.

Back 4 all played a big part, as did the ever-impressive Robbo in goal.

Also, a mention to Roberts up front - I've never been a massive fan, but on current form, not one of our other forwards could play that role better.

Overall, a good win, a good 3 points (we're now 4 points from 4th!) and a decent performance too :tu:

• Backroom

Well that was a nice surprise. Good win.

- Pedersen was brilliant, still not sure why he didn't take that early free kick instead of letting Samba have a blast though

- I was disappointed Hoilett went off I thought he looked dangerous today, he's come on leaps and bounds

- Villa were poor, we get criticised for our long ball tactics but their main form of attack was a big boot or big throw up to Downing

- I thought Dunn should have come off for Goulon earlier but it's lucky he didn't due to Mortens injury

- Friedel had a stinker, every cross he ran into his own man, we now have the better keeper there, Robbo made some great stops

- We could have had 3 or 4 today with a bit more of a killer edge, nice to see us create chances from open play even when we only had 10 men on the pitch to their 11

- I thought Chimbonda did well when he came of save for one bad plass early on that led to a Villa chance, controlled the winger with relative ease

Delighted with the win, we certainly have played better but that doesn't bother me one bit as some of those better performances we put in have ended in defeat! Thought we looked a lot more solid at the back than the Spurs game, though Givet lack of form is a tad worrying. Was happy with Roberts performance as the lone striker too, probably the best man for lone striker role on current performances.

And are his wages average as well?

He's not even been average at time, particularly with his dead-ball delivery. At times, he's been absolutely shocking.

Even assuming you are right .......is he the only one?

How strange that the only two players that regularly and systematically collect dogs abuse from the same people after EVERY game they play should be MGP and Andrews. Whether it's actually deserved or not.........and you people call yourselves Rovers supporters. Who needs supporters like that??

Even assuming you are right .......is he the only one?

How strange that the only two players that regularly and systematically collect dogs abuse from the same people after EVERY game they play should be MGP and Andrews. Whether it's actually deserved or not.........and you people call yourselves Rovers supporters. Who needs supporters like that??

What are you talking about? Where have I given him "dog's abuse"? Did I give him dog's abuse the previous game? The one before that?

I think you're talking absolute nonsense mate.

• Backroom

Oh and I also liked 'Jason Roberts in a nutsehll' At one stage in the second half he burst though really well then turned and hit a shot near the corner flag

What are you talking about? Where have I given him "dog's abuse"? Did I give him dog's abuse the previous game? The one before that?

I think you're talking absolute nonsense mate.

Sorry if you misunderstood my post. Only my first remarks was aimed specifically at you because I was answering your post (quoted).

The rest of my post was just a general repost to ALL the many Pederson and Andrews haters for their bias and sheer unfairness.

Archived