BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Aston Villa

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a cruel scheduling conflict I only got to see the last 30 minutes today, and judging by that it seemed that we produces a textbook away performance (albeit at home...) and deserved the three points.

Must say that I was very disappointed in Ashley Young, while he looked dangerous at times he constantly acted like a sulking child who HAD TO do everything by himself since he thought no one else was worthy of trying anything until absolutely all his options to shoot were completely gone. Reeks of immaturity.

As an aside, did Pires actually come on or did they just hold the board up - I didn't notice him once. Another has been taking a last ride on the Premier LEague gravy train

My friend was in awe of Pires during the pre-game warm ups. He asked why we couldn't have signed him.

I kept on reminding him that he's 37 and his legs will have gone. Clearly they have as I don't think he touched the ball today.

I thought he had a shocker.

Then put down the ale, Nelsen for me was mom by a mile, I spent most of my match watching the defensive shape and Nelson won everything in the air and on the floor and organized the defence perfectly.

Motm by a clear country mile, he was head and shoulders above the rest today and kept our defence tight as a ducks ass, long may it continue.

Few players today could be critisized, Hoillet was probably the worst player who realy didnt contribute bugger all. But apart from Nelsen I have to congratulate J Roberts who played great today, he chased everything, won balls he should'nt have won and was a constant pain in the ass for their defence.

Hoilett had a good game against Newcastle and there was some more of the same today. He's starting to play himself into the starting XI and his running at players is adding another dimension to our game.

The squad seems to be shaping up nicely now with some healthy competition for certain places in the team.

Hoilett set up a few chances Beerwins to say he contributed nothing is harsh, he did far more than Dunny did all game.

I suppose, it just felt both were quite innefectual today, Hoilett seem to be outmuscled and could'nt win a ball and Dunn seem to have his toblerone head on.

I have great faith in Hoilett, to watch him is a breath of fresh air, today though most of the balls to him were head height, that is not his game.

Rovers were excellent today. stop Aston Villa from playing. We also keep Ashley Young from playing at his best. Defensive brillant and Samba and Nelsen were great. Good to see Dunn back today and playing a full game. Really pleased that Pedersen scored today(I had a bet on him to score the first and last goal which he did) but he played very well. Robinson made a couple of good saves today. And I thought Big Sam team selection was spot on and tactis aswell.

Please that our New Owners were presented to the fans before the game, I think they enjoy the game and we won our first game with them watching. Also good to see them sat next to BS and JW and NOT Jerome Anderson.

wow pedersen scoring again regularly, been years, delighted for him, particularly after years of really flopping in front of goal.

very good game, I enjoyed it.

Hoilett needed to go off he was pretty weak, but defense excellent and Roberts worked hard and that means he causes problems, if only he could finish he would be Drogba.

think we sold friedel at the right time

I thought Hoilett played well today and won some headers against Warnock and Dunne. Plus shown abit of strength today which we didn't see last season. He's coming on as a player and we will only getting better each game he plays in.

I noticed he was giving the ball away alot in the second half, I assumed thats why he went off.

Today was rovers to a tee. Gave the opposition very little. Dunn was good when he had the chance and later on, was exquisite in possession but yet gave the ball away too often. Hoilett had very little opportunity to shine. Defensively we were on top and gave little away. MOM was prob Nelsen but Samba not far behind. Jones good and steady.

Still our supporters moan when we win and have a clean sheet.

Not if we keep on picking up points they won't.

Didn't mean for safety, but for final position. Things are very bunched up at all levels of the table right now and we have so far avioded the blowouts that tend to kill our goal differential. Wouldn't be surprised if more than one position went down to gd at the end of the season.

Today was rovers to a tee. Gave the opposition very little. Dunn was good when he had the chance and later on, was exquisite in possession but yet gave the ball away too often. Hoilett had very little opportunity to shine. Defensively we were on top and gave little away. MOM was prob Nelsen but Samba not far behind. Jones good and steady.

Still our supporters moan when we win and have a clean sheet.

Very Good post. I agree with our supporters are still moaning even tho we win and a clean sheet. What more do they wanted? I just don't understand why some people are ALWAYS NEGATIVE ALL THE TIME?

I noticed he was giving the ball away alot in the second half, I assumed thats why he went off.

I would agree with that. HE did second half!

Sad as it may seem after such a poor goalkeeping exhibition, I really think that was the last we will see of the goalkeeping phenomena that was Brad.

His weakness has always been free kicks, so nothing new there. He's probably due for retirement soon, but I doubt he'll get dropped from one bad performance :)

Archived