BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Aston Villa

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of pressure on us for this game.Lose with Utd coming up and we would be looking very vulnerable after today's results. Looks bad for Wolves and West Ham but 3rd from bottom is a real possibility. A win and the pressures off for a while.

Going for 2-1 to us.

A lot of pressure on us for this game.Lose with Utd coming up and we would be looking very vulnerable after today's results. Looks bad for Wolves and West Ham but 3rd from bottom is a real possibility. A win and the pressures off for a while.

Going for 2-1 to us.

But after Villa and United we have a run of games against Wolves, Bolton, West Ham, Stoke and West Brom.

Managed to get an invite to an exec box and Jacks kitchen for this match from my plumbers merchants, never been in there before so im looking forward to the change, not sure what to expect but im certainly gonna enjoy it.

2-1 Rovers btw, Roberts and Hoilett with Heskey for them.

Heskey's injured and won't play but I'll go for the same result and I believe Kalinic will score for Rovers. He likes scoring against Villa.

They've been showing their faces during our last couple of games so I dont see why it would be any different today.

Any idea who will take Bert's place? Not Grella I hope. Doesnt have the legs to do what Emo does.

I think Dunn will start against Villa instead of Dunn.

The team will probably be:

Robinson

Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet

EH Diouf, Gamst, Jones, Dunn, Hoilett

Roberts or Kalinic

We'll beat Stoke at home and we always win against Bolton.

• Backroom

I'd play Goulon before Dunn and use Dunn as an impact sub

Funny how Junior couldn't get a minute on the pitch a couple of weeks ago and now looks like a cert

Bolton especially and Stoke recently have been going really well, can't see us getting much from those two games.

Look, I was thinking that. Who could possibly regard these 2 games as a relief from playing a big club? Bolton are simply on fire at the moment and we never play well against Stoke.

I think we'd better get some points before we play these two!

I think Dunn will start against Villa instead of Dunn.

The team will probably be:

Robinson

Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet

EH Diouf, Gamst, Jones, Dunn, Hoilett

Roberts or Kalinic

We'll beat Stoke at home and we always win against Bolton.

I can't see Emerton dropped.

Genuinely no idea if we are going for four or three at the back for this one. Must be a bit of a nightmare for Houllier also - which can only be good for us. Element of surprise.

Emertons a doubt for this one.

Normal line up for me with Dunn in for Emerton and MVP taking Emertons role. I hope Hoillet plays and on the right as well as we all know hoe Warnock loves real pace.

Have a funny feeling about today so going for a 3-1 win.

Yes

Lol. He's the biggest fanny in the team, that's for sure.

But after Villa and United we have a run of games against Wolves, Bolton, West Ham, Stoke and West Brom.

Today's result, and the results in those games should help the owners decide if we need a new manager. Anything less than 10 points would be terrible imo.

• Backroom

We really need to start picking up points again at Ewood, but I wouldn't say a win is vital in this match. Villa are a good team and if not for a monumental bottle job would have beaten Man Utd. They've got some exceptional young players and a very pacy side in general. I'd take a point from this one, though a win would be nice. A loss wouldn't be a total disaster but we should really be looking to pick up at minimum one point from games like this.

Villa are the one team I always want us to beat more than anyone, as I despise claret and blue and my mate supports them.

Would have been good to go having just come back from Blackpool yesterday but alas the joys of university essays take pole consideration.

2-1 Rovers Niko and Samba

Think we should have dropped Givet for Chimbonda to give him a break after last week's debacle and to give us more pace at the back.

I like that Sam has shown he "has faith" in him. He's a better defender than chimbonda.

I am please Hoillet has kept his place, hopefully he can produce an end product today. Roberts will hopefully be chomping at the bit to make a point after getting a start.

Archived