BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2018/22 World Cup bids

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no time for Cameron politically but he did well. Like Blair, when it comes to public speaking, there arent many better.

Some politicians are just great orators, regardless of their political persuasion. Cameron is one, like Blair was, and Obama is one too. I used to think Clinton was, although his performance for the USA's bid was fairly lacklustre by his usual standards.

I don't want these corrupt scum (in my opinion Glenn ;)) from FIFA over here and dictating that they are allowed to cream off profits tax free, suspend employment legislation and dictate to our elected Government.

The business case for investment and revenue returns is questionable, and at least one government (Netherlands) have openly rubbished it.

Am I one of the few who are not bothered about the World Cup coming to Blighty?

The Irish are here to help if the England needs a hand with anything....hell if financially crippled Spain and Portugal can put in a bid then we might just do so for 2026 :rolleyes:

Heart says England, but head says Russia. It's been a long time/too long since you've had a world cup and with it having one of the best leagues in the world it should really be a no brainer.

Best of luck :rover: Qatar have apparently won 2022.

I don't want these corrupt scum (in my opinion Glenn ;)) from FIFA over here and dictating that they are allowed to cream off profits tax free, suspend employment legislation and dictate to our elected Government.

The business case for investment and revenue returns is questionable, and at least one government (Netherlands) have openly rubbished it.

Am I one of the few who are not bothered about the World Cup coming to Blighty?

Well I'm another.

Voting round by round will be announced.

Its not out of the question for everyone to know who has won cause some of the bid members are also on the FIFA exec committee.

Breaking news: ENGLAND KNOCKED OUT IN FIRST ROUND OF VOTING according to Al Jazeera TV; Korea in first round; Japan in second round.

If this is the case be sure that Villar spoke on behalf of the whole Executive Committee today, and that the media has cost England the WC most definitely.

Dutch/Belgian bid lost in second round.

Russia

Its the media no question about it. Your bid was good enough to at least make it past the first round of voting. If you cant see that, then Im sorry. That doesnt mean you were going to host it, but you can be sure that you had a better chance if the last couple of weeks didnt happen.

Archived