BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2018/22 World Cup bids

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be at least another 20 years before we could possibly host the world cup. That means 64 years + between the last time the 'motherland' of football hosted the world cup and the next time. 64 years. That is quite literally a lifetime.

The BBC has produced a programme on TV about corruption within FIFA. They could have chosen to make this expose at any point between the last round of voting for the last time and this yet they wait until DAYS before the voting for the 2018 World Cup is due. Coincidence? If you believe the rumours and the alleged whistle-blowers, corruption around World Cup votes has been around for a long time and involves a hell of a lot of money. You can find the websites that will tell you all about it and how it all works. They've been around a long time too. The BBC may well have cost a generation the chance to see the World Cup on their doorstep but the truth is nobody knows that and nobody can ever say for certain. What is fairly certain is that they have quite spectacularly blown any chance, even the slightest, we had by showing that programme days before the vote.

Agreed- the BBC timing stinks and all they did was re-run material which was ages old and been in the blogosphere for years as well.

Russia's football season runs from March-November, wonder how they will schedule the WC, need to find a month at least a months break somewhere, probably longer if major Russian Premier league grounds are to be used.

It changes to August to May the season after next.

Russia getting it was decided months ago.

It's all about the money.

They don't care if someone said they are corrupt... As long as they will gain money from it.

Look at Brazil. They will have the World Cup and the Olympic games. It is a great country that still has a lot to grow but, when they chose, they forgot about the security issue.

Just a few days ago, the military attacked the drug lords in the "favelas" in Rio de Janeiro.

Sao Paulo has the same problem.

In any of the events, the drug lords can cause riots if they want.

But, still, they chose Brazil.

Why?

Possible reasons beside football: money, "bundas", "caipirinha"...

Because he's the PM of a superpower and has better things to do than attend a FIFA jamboree?

Or because he already knew Russia were the highest bidders?

I really hope there's some seriously nasty investigative journalists intent on bringing FIFA and Blatter down - it's about time.

So that's that - I had hoped to see the World Cup in England again in my lifetime but by 2026 I'll be long gone.

The BBC Panorama report is a red herring - the decision to award Russia the 2018 tournamant was made a long time ago.

Beckenbauer is very influential within Fifa and he has been lobbying for Russia and against England.

And that was after we agreed to back Germany for 2006.

If you want to point the finger of blame point it at the Germans.

They started two world wars too. .

Very bent.

Sepp Blatter will never have to pay to put a gallon in his motor ever again.

Definitely.

A lady Fifa agent told me Russia & Qatar would get it as early as the last week in August,and many others have as time went on.

All very Bizarre!.

I would have tipped you off,so you could have money on,but i couldn't be 100% sure,like managers getting appointed.

Why bother with the presentations if it's been decided months ago?.

Looks like I'll be an old man before I see the World Cup in this country. If ever. Thank you Panorama and the BBC. Oh and you Brum fans. Thank you very much.

Nothing to do with either. Fifa made the decision to appoint Russia a long time ago.

Why? Isn't the Sunday Times part of NewsCorp?

Why?

Because Murdoch doesn't like BBC business model. They will play on the timing of the BBC doc. I looked at a BBC comments page after the broadcast and more than half of the posts had been removed, because people were so angry at the BBC. They will play on this IMO.

Archived