BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow update

Posted on: Sat 18 Dec 2010

Supporters waking up this Saturday morning will no doubt have experienced overnight snow and Blackburn is no different.

Some three to four inches of snow has fallen during the small hours in the Ewood area, and Blackburn Rovers staff are already at the stadium starting the effort of clearing away last night's fall.

As of 8am, today's game against West Ham United remains on, with supporters advised to continually check the official website for further updates in the run-up to the 3.00pm kick-off.

From the official site

Not even going to bother with the car......... so a hike down to Halifax train station, pray that the trains are running to some sort of timetable- will have to get the earlier train so to avoid missing kick off. That is not the issue. The problem is if it snows again whilst I'm travelling / at the game and am then stuck on the way home. The train timetable is not kind, and with only one train an hour, the earliest I'll be able to leave Blackburn is 6:10, and already this morning National Rail are reporting 40 min delays on trains in and out of Blackpool North.

Additionally, if you were a West Ham fan with half an ounce of common sense and coming up from London, you'd take one look at the weather and travel prospects and dive straight back under your duvet. Doubt the official coaches from London will set off either.

Frustrating, but personal safety does come first.

Please keep up with the updates as they are very useful. :)

London news telling folk not to travel

Letting the game go ahead knowing this is 'kin irresponsable. If they call it off they have to give refunds / replacement tickets - if travelling fans just dont show then they loose their cash! Very unfair- penalised for following advice.

would seem to suggest otherwise... (from OneRovers Twitter 3 mins ago)

Perhaps I should rephrase that and state that there is not a cat in hells chance of me and my clan coming to the match.

8 inches of snow on the flatlands of the Fylde coast and I cant get out of my driveway. We are not used to this and our local authority here cannot cope. :angry:

Archived