BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read several forums with predominantly UK users, and it always amazes me how even a small amount of snow can cause such chaos. Now I can understand it where there's like 6 inches of snow, but to see an inch or two result in schools closing, large roads clogging up and the country basically grinding to a halt seems ridiculous to me. I hear the argument that "it happens so rarely, so no need for an increased readiness"... but it's not *that* expensive to prepare for it, and the resulting chaos is probably quite expensive as well.

Anyway, my only real interest is that it annoys me when games are called off, so it's not like it really bothers me. But I find it interesting.

Myself and friend walking in. Leaving at 1.00pm. If anyone sees us on A674, through Feniscowles and up LBR a lift would be appreciated. Lift home would be even better.

Snowed in to village only car to get out so far is a Fiat 500!!!!

I'm not sure 'interesting' is what I'd call it, Lathund.

I live at the bottom of a close of 20 houses. The only one who did anything about the snow last time out was me, I lugged buckets of grit from the next road, so that we could get out of here safely.

Just off out to put a leaflet through the neighbours doors to suggest they do their bit and not leave it all to me this time :angry2:

I read several forums with predominantly UK users, and it always amazes me how even a small amount of snow can cause such chaos. Now I can understand it where there's like 6 inches of snow, but to see an inch or two result in schools closing, large roads clogging up and the country basically grinding to a halt seems ridiculous to me. I hear the argument that "it happens so rarely, so no need for an increased readiness"... but it's not *that* expensive to prepare for it, and the resulting chaos is probably quite expensive as well.

Anyway, my only real interest is that it annoys me when games are called off, so it's not like it really bothers me. But I find it interesting.

It´s all about the traffic. Here in Scandinavia winter tyres solves the problem.

I was at Ewood last January against Bolton when it snowed a lot during the second half. That time snow melted off almost right away. Never seen snowflakes that big.

Its snowing again now. Can't believe it's still on to be honest. Just driven through Ewood - the main road is fine but slow. I can walk down from Fernhurst Farm but you'd be mad to drive any distance in this. If you are mad please take care. Gate of about 10,000 tops I reckon.

Snowing pretty hard now here at Livesey. I'm amazed it's still on ... a lot of 'usual' parking spots aren't going to be available as the side roads are pretty dire. Maybe the gate will be so small folk won't need to park off LBR etc.

Its snowing again now. Can't believe it's still on to be honest. Just driven through Ewood - the main road is fine but slow. I can walk down from Fernhurst Farm but you'd be mad to drive any distance in this. If you are mad please take care. Gate of about 10,000 tops I reckon.

Bit dramatic I think, the majority of Rovers fans live within a reasonable walking distance from the ground and if people really want to get in for the game they'll set off in plenty of time. That being said it's still snowing here and I think I'll be walking it.. Amazing that snow brings so much chaos to everything, it's always the same every year you'd think the government would have known that by now and be better prepared.

Archived