BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

Weather update from Great Harwood (4 miles from Ewood).

About 3-4"s of snow on the ground, the skies are very grey over the Blackburn area, but clearing towards Burnley.

At the moment there is no snow falling and light winds, if the main roads are clear I can see no reason for the match to be called off weather wise, the local forecast is good as well.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need to think of the fans travelling from far....the conditions are very bad.Stupid to play this game imo.

Agreed- bearing in mind that police are advising the wider general public not to travel. Can't see how the club can go against police advice.......unless the Premier league are dicating to them!? 10,000 tops this afternoon if it goes ahead. Travel after the game also needs to be taken into consideration

The problem is the motorways. M6 last night was horrendous with jack-knifed lorries everywhere. They'll clear them but surrounding roads are still very bad. Getting back out of Preston would be interesting as we have 4 - 5 inches at least and getting in was fun last night. 30 mph on the snowbound M6 and 10 to 20 on local roads in a straight line. Traffic islands were great fun though... I enjoy this kind of driving though, it's a challenge.

I doubt West Ham fans will travel.

Why 10,000?

Sun is supposed to come out around noon-time. A majority of the home crowd wont be traveling till about 2 hours before kick off tops.

I'd guess 15,000.

Although Rovers have the highest proportion of home fans living within 5 miles of the ground, quite a bit of that 5 miles radius is currently impassable.

Despite the sun, the maximum temperature will still be 2 degrees below freezing.

I live on Oakdale, about 20 mins walk from Ewood. Looks (from my window!) about 6" of snow. Started snowing again now and according to the weather app on my phone supposed to be 'light snow' all day til 4pm-ish.

EDIT: just checked the other 2 weather apps and both only mention a couple of showers. So prob not going to get any worse but it's pretty bad at present.

Just been from Lower Darwen to Burnley and back. Took twice as long as normal. M65 is fine with care. Going down Milking Lane was interesting!

Blackpool is bad apparently.

Will be worse tomorrow off the main roads once the snow has been compacted and frozen.

Don't think we will get much if any snow today.

Just to add that Rovers may be confident that the game will go ahead and have asked matchday staff to report for duty, but ultimately the Police could take the decision out of their hands, if the police feel that conditions on the main roads are dangerous then they can insist that the game is called off. No suggestion at the moment that the police are going to take this course of action at the moment but it remains a possibility.

Fans travelling to the game from outside of Blackburn can get the latest information by ringing 0871 702 1875.

Bloody weather!

Was really excited about seeing how things pan out post-Sam but Aylesbury to Blackburn is just madness when the weather's like this.

Could probably get there – slowly – but there's no telling what the roads will be like after the game and temperatures start to fall.

Looks like Rovers Player will be my best friend at 3pm!

Good luck to all those that are going to try to get to Ewood. Tread carefully.

We have just talked to Rovers at the game is on at the moment, Rovers are confident that the game will go ahead. Catering staff have also been told to report to Ewood Park as normal.

8 inches in Preston, 6 inches in Bolton, 3 inches in blackburn

A666 closed between between Darwen and Edgerton

M61 closed at Horwich

M6 a mess at J27

Trains

Poor weather conditions are affecting some routes in the North West of England.

Because of this, the following alterations will apply until further notice:

Preston (All routes)

Trains are being delayed through Preston by up to 60 minutes because of signalling problems caused by poor weather conditions.

Blackpool North

Trains to and from the station will be delayed by up to 40 minutes.

They may get the game on but who will get there??

8 inches in Preston, 6 inches in Bolton, 3 inches in blackburn

A666 closed between between Darwen and Edgerton

M61 closed at Horwich

M6 a mess at J27

Trains

Poor weather conditions are affecting some routes in the North West of England.

Because of this, the following alterations will apply until further notice:

Preston (All routes)

Trains are being delayed through Preston by up to 60 minutes because of signalling problems caused by poor weather conditions.

Blackpool North

Trains to and from the station will be delayed by up to 40 minutes.

They may get the game on but who will get there??

And what will it be like at 5.00?

If Wigan can call a game off when their opponents are two hours away due to safety reasons, then surely Rovers can't be too far behind them to do the same

If ever this team need extra support it is on saturday v whu. Wife and I will also be there. As painful as the sacking of Sam is, the club, the team must come first. We all have to move on.

what is important is 3pts on saturday.

Get behind the lads on saturday.

Strangley it is one of those times that it is not just the club, the team, but the supporters who need a gee up.

Support the team, support the Rovers.

That is our priority, we can do nothing about anything else Rovers related.

WE ARE THE ROVERS,

Spot on Pafell!! This is indeed another of those occasions when the Rovers (the club) really really needs your support.

Unfortunately and frusratingly I will not be there due to circumstances entirely beyond my control and nothing to do with recent events. So to all you people that are there: Get behind YOUR team right from the start and make more noise than you have ever done before. The team will be feeling nervous and possibly dejected and they are going to get a great lift if they really FEEL that the fans are 100% behind them.

Archived