BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

• Backroom

Sorry about your news hughesy.

The weather could mean that next to no west ham fans are there which is a shame for them but potentially good for us.

This is not Diouf weather at all he may even wear a snood.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam get on the 11:50 from Leeds and I'll get on in Halifax

Tempting fella but my dad was due to drive up from Stafford to go and he won't risk it, so I think I'll just have to play it safe this week and stay here, especially having been under the weather over the past couple of days.

Not sure -4 will be good for me however many layers!

Have a good one

Bit dramatic I think, the majority of Rovers fans live within a reasonable walking distance from the ground and if people really want to get in for the game they'll set off in plenty of time.

You might be right there. I'm no "snow / attendence" expert really. I'll compromise, stick my neck out and say the gate will be lower than normal. :P

Sorry to here your news Hughesy. See you there.

If it stops ruddy snowing.

Snowing steadily at present and whilst there are a good few inches of snow on the pavements, the road up to the Sunnyhurst Pub area (Darwen) is drivable and the pub is at around 700' above sea level. The club website says it's on, so it's on! My Mrs was marooned on the M61 last night for 2 hours and finally reached our daughters place in Preston in the early hours where she kipped for the night. Train to Bburn this morning followed by bus to Darren. She said there was a tractor clearing snow off the main Ewood coach park but on the St Bartholomew's car park there was just a guy trying to clear the snow with a bit of cardboard! :brfc:

To lose this would be unthinkable, and will have everyone including me having their fears about the new regime confirmed

I honestly don't think we should draw any conclusions at all from this one game (unless,of course we win 7-1 or, God forbid, lose 7-1!).

Emotions will be running high on both sides for a start so it may well not be a taste of what's to come. Secondly we always drop points to them anyway.

We can't judge the team or the manager on a week to week basis-----I've been saying this all season.

Personally I'm fearing the worst but I'm hoping for the best. The time to make a judgement is probably after the January window and 6-8 games.

I honestly don't think we should draw any conclusions at all from this one game (unless,of course we win 7-1 or, God forbid, lose 7-1!).

Emotions will be running high on both sides for a start so it may well not be a taste of what's to come. Secondly we always drop points to them anyway.

We can't judge the team or the manager on a week to week basis-----I've been saying this all season.

Personally I'm fearing the worst but I'm hoping for the best. The time to make a judgement is probably after the January window and 6-8 games.

I do agree, unfortunately that could be far too late!!!

I live at Ewood near the Fernhurst. It's still snowing but not heavily.

Bolton Road A666 is fine and side roads are driveable. As long as motorways are ok, you'll be fine at this end.

It's only snow, if fact I'm off to B&Q and Asda. I'll report on roads when I get back.

No way can Arsenal's game go ahead. The pitch is full of snow.

Full on sun out at Sunderland.

Just seen live pictures of Ewood Park. Its snowing but not as heavily as in London. Pitch is clear. They're clearing the outskirts of the pitch right now. But I dont know about the town.

Il b there no matter what aslong as it's on! Grandad lost his battle to cancer last night n he told me I had to go! So that's exactly what I'm doing!! He'll it can even send a hurricane over and I'm still going!

Sorry to hear that Hughesy. I hope it's on for you. Give them a shout for me - and I'm a Bowtener!

Your Grandad will be watching mate.

Archived