BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My front garden 30 minutes ago, I live about nine miles from the ground.

Same here in Penwortham Oz, but I think it's coming in from the coast so is better the further east you go, at the moment anyway. However, there's plenty of time for a lot more to come down.

Is green being out good or bad for rovers? Who is his stand in?

I think it will be 2-2 tomorrow.

Sorry about your bad luck Daremz that is really bad news.

Thanks. Was really looking forward to it, but had a bizarre day at the airport. Make sure you guys support like I would have done. I'll be back.

Snow coming down steadily and consistent here, the playing surface shouldn't really be a problem with the under-soil heating and all but I hasten to add that travelling may be the real issue. If the snow continues at the current rate they'll obviously be travel delays. Certainly wouldn't fancy travelling up from London put it that way. Hope the game is still able to go ahead because it's one of the most eagerly anticipated games of the season( well it is for me at least). It will be fascinating to see what sort of changes (if any) we can expect to see under Steve Kean. Just little things like, will Robbo take long punts from the halfway line? and will Pedersen continue to be told to operate is inefficient long-throw?. Plus some more pressing issues like will Kean change our 4-5-1 home formation which has served us well?, will their be a distanct difference in our style of play? will there be any major changes in the starting XI? will certain players be moved in position?

All remains to be seen I just hope the weather doesn't put a halt to that. Fancy us to win even if it is against our bogey team, I've seen West Ham a few times away from home this season and they have been poor to say the least although individually they do have some decent players but as a collective they are often not so good.

• Backroom

The only possible reason for postponement would be conditions outside the ground surely the pitch will be fine.

Doubt we'll do much proper training next week though as brockhall doesn't have undersoil heating does it?

Over 2 inches in Bamber Bridge and still snowing HEAVILY.

The pitch isn't the problem. If there is snow in the surrounding area the game will be off. Plus they have to clear the stands and the area within the ground compound.

Anyone live in the Ewood area who can comment if it's as bad there? (not read privous posts)

Im at the Girlfriends house in Great harwood, barely a dusting of snow on the ground here.

Snowing heavily around knuzden which is also Hyndburn area.

It's due to fizzle out in the early hours... plenty of time to get everywhere around the ground cleared and made safe.

Earlier today it was forecast to snow fri night and sat at 3am. Still snowing here.

I really hope the game is on tomorrow. Fox Soccer TV, http://www.beta.foxsoccer.tv/page/Home/0,,13138,00.html, is awesome. And the wife is taking the kids shopping, so no distractions. :)

More importantly though, it will give us fans a chance to decide whether there is any real reason for concern. I'm resolved, after my initial ire, to wait and see what happens in the pitch before I continue with the verbal crucifixion. If Kean is on top of things and the squad seems motivated, then I can/will forgive all sorts of owner shenanigans, mistakes and/or foot in the mouths. Those will, hopefully, work themselves out over time. And things will only improve if they are funding transfers, even if only for 5 million a year and/or window.

On the other hand, if Kean looks out of his depth, or the squad looks depressed, then I reserve the right to panic and/or start pounding the metaphorical nails in.

And I really hope tomorrow is all about WH tears and Go Rovers! cheers. :brfc::rover:

• Backroom

Not really bothered about Green but if Parker is out that is a massive bonus.

Same with Obina he looks a real threat.

Then again players always seem to return to fitness against us when they are meant to be out.

Archived