BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the weather forecast for Saturday, which includes heavy snowfall during the day, it could put the match at risk of postponement.

You must be freaking kiddin', right? Got the complete trip prepared, flying to L'pool tomorrow, off with the train to Blackburn sat-morning, tickets arranged.

If that happens it would truly be a nightmare.

Hello, hello, is there anybody out there. ?

Is snow forecast for Saturday ???

You can manage to provide Reuters/AP news bulletins as they are released to us before midnight, reply to anyone and everyone who calls a railway station a train station and cast aspersions on many posters personality based on a few keystrokes on this board but you can't find out what the weather will be in Blackburn in two days time?

You must be freaking kiddin', right? Got the complete trip prepared, flying to L'pool tomorrow, off with the train to Blackburn sat-morning, tickets arranged.

If that happens it would truly be a nightmare.

You will be fine if you are flying into the north west. There is little or nothing forecast for tomorrow and a bit of light snow on Saturday. Other parts of the country are a different matter and anyone travelling any distance would be advised to check the forecast before they set off.

Better than " trebuchet football"

For some reason, I dig the name "Trebutchet Football". :D

From Lawrenson on the BBC:

Blackburn v West Ham

Prediction: 2-1

I'm always nervous when Lawro predicts us to win. On the other hand, a part of me says that may be this is the time he get's it right. :rover:

If Grant has anything about him, he'll have his side going at us from the KO.

Thats just what we want den, they attack us, we win the ball, then the gaps will be even bigger to exploit in their defence.

This game should be Steve Keanes easiest game.... now theres a bit of pressure. :rock:

Pedersen has praised the training session today, whilst also saying its the first session of the week with the whole squad. Says everyone is driven to make West Ham pay for the loss at Bolton.

I remember David Dunn publicly coming out in support of paul Ince , etc and saying they'd been training really hard , etc the day before the Wigan game..we all know what happened next........

Nothing like a bit of melodrama on a Friday afternoon.

People seem to do this with nearly every game we play nowadays. It must a side effect of Sky's blockbuster advertising methods for matches.

Well if we cant turn over bottom of the league at home what hope have we got? we simply have to beat them

Well if we cant turn over bottom of the league at home what hope have we got? we simply have to beat them

Football's not that simple though.

West Ham have threatened Grant with the sack, who knows how their players will react to that? They have a decent team in terms of personnel, if that threat kicks them into gear then it'll be a tough game.

We don't have a divine right to beat anyone in this league, especially this year with it being so tight. That's part of the beauty of football, we could lose against the bottom team one week and thump a team above us the next.

We've beaten lots of teams already, losing one game wouldn't mean we suddenly have no hope, there is no logic in thinking that.

We've always been quite charitable to struggling sides in the past. Losing to West Ham would be nothing new in that regard. But for the PR of the club, it would be a major blow, of course.

Personally, I'm hoping for Jones/Samba in the middle with both Junior and the Flying Swede out wide, Roberts + Diouf mkII up front. Give these cockneys something to worry about. Emerton and MGP in midfield, just get it and give it out wide.

5-0, with the last 2 coming in the final 10 minutes because we kept pressing.

Personally, I'm hoping for Jones/Samba in the middle with both Junior and the Flying Swede out wide, Roberts + Diouf mkII up front. Give these cockneys something to worry about. Emerton and MGP in midfield, just get it and give it out wide.

I agree with that line-up, except Kalinic for M. Diouf.

Time to put aside all the happenings of the last few days/weeks. Our club needs us, I'll be there as always (from the off) and I'll be shouting as loud as I can for as long as I can. Come on you Blues let's show the b*ggers what we're made of.

Rovers 2 : WHAM 1

Goodbye Mr Grant.

• Moderation Lead

Not a great deal of defensive mindedness in that midfield is there?.......

Not a great deal of defensive mindedness in that midfield is there?.......

Nope. We're at home to the bottom team and we have England's next centre half in his rightful position. With that much pace and threat upfront, their midfield will be far to busy defending their own 18-yard line. CHARGE!!!!!!

Archived