BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it would be Sven as he is to in bed with Leicester city's new Thai owners plus he s##t on us before and choose sampadoria then if I remember rightly we were relegated after hodgson came in and went leaving Brian Kidd to take charge and relegated we need someone who cam get the team playing like it should I.e a Martin oneil style manager he did a great job at Leicester with a small budget 2 league cups wasn't a Sam fan but feel he hasn't been treated the best way today but think that is due to a class of personalitys rather than the job he was doing this will also start the managerial merry goround turning but what do I know if I knew it I would be a manager

I think we need to get things into perspective here. Venkys are seeking advice from Kentaro, they have obviously had the plan to get rid of BFS since they bought the club, the 7-1, and yesterdays performance was the icing on the cake for them, and the time was now to give him the boot (new manager in time for the Jan transfer window). Also they must clearly have somebody already lined up, and maybe have for a few weeks now, and it clearly is not going to be anyone with a lower profile than BFS, so all this talk about Jewel, Curbishley, Dave Jones etc is rubbish. Lets just look at the sort of players BFS has attracted as a manager, Selgado, Anelka, Okocha, Djorkaeff etc, and would have got Guti had we had the cash to pay his wages.

I think BFS did a great job given the resources he had to play with, especially last season, and we were doing ok this season, but he has taken us as far as he can, and if Venkys want to bring attractive football to the club, BFS isnt the man for the job. I think there plan will be to bring in a coach rather than a manager, and there will be a director of football. I personally dont have a clue who its going to be, but what is clear the Venkys regime dont want a manager dictating terms to them, they have certainly stamped their authority here, and from now on, what they say goes, weather we like it or not. One thing is for sure, if they want to win the fans over, this appointment is absolutely crucial, which is why people like Paul Jewell, have got 2 hopes, Bob and Non.

Wonder if shteve maclaran could be in with a shout. Rebuilt his career abroad and might fancy another stab at the prem.

Dead against Maclaren after his England debacle, but now, i'd welcome his as a Rovers manager.

Didnt Nicko say just that earlier today?

Not as such but along similar lines. I'm assuming they are two different people (though I know Nicko likes a punt) but this poster seemed genuinely surprised at who it was. Add in BPF who seems to have some connections. None of this is definitive of course but there's enough there for me to see if any of the longer odds candidates are getting any money on the betting markets. Someone, somewhere knows what the plan is here. Managers out of work who have PL experience wouldn't fit this profile. Maybe Rijakaard does, maybe Klinsman does. Beckham would obviously be OTT though and if they are stupid enough to appoint Maradonna, we might as well all pack it in.

Screw it, let's just make Jerome Anderson our manager....

Following Thaksin Shinawatra's takeover at Manchester City, Anderson helped Sven-Goran Eriksson to sign eight foreign players including Elano, Martin Petrov, Vedran Corluka and Geovanni.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/13/sam-allardyce-sacked-blackburn-rovers

Not as such but along similar lines. I'm assuming they are two different people (though I know Nicko likes a punt) but this poster seemed genuinely surprised at who it was. Add in BPF who seems to have some connections. None of this is definitive of course but there's enough there for me to see if any of the longer odds candidates are getting any money on the betting markets. Someone, somewhere knows what the plan is here. Managers out of work who have PL experience wouldn't fit this profile. Maybe Rijakaard does, maybe Klinsman does. Beckham would obviously be OTT though and if they are stupid enough to appoint Maradonna, we might as well all pack it in.

Ruud Gullit? :blink:

Maradonna for me.

We'd crash and burn faster than that last Concorde flight, but it'll be manic watching it happen.

"Match day programme?" "4000 Holes?" "Half time draw ticket?" "Line of cocaine?"

Plus we'd be first on MOTD every week, which in itself is probably worth relegation.

Archived