BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great! Big Sam is gone and within hours there's already more excitement than we've had in the last three seasons!

I'd rather us go down and be entertained rather than endure the dull frustrating percentage based set piece loving lump it in the box to a big man and play from there football Allardyce forced on us.

Le Chuck, you are a fool???

He would be awful as manager!!! Maradona is nothing most than a CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He comes as manager or in any role with the club, then I will be returning my season ticket!!!!!

Again...the prerequisite to tolerating a Maradona appointment is that a proven, experienced number two is also appointed. Clarke, Hughton, Wilkins (good shout TCO).

To be honest I can't rationalise more than that, because it doesn't make much rational sense. The phrase "that's so crazy it just might work!" comes to mind. :)

You might wanna tone down the use of exclamation marks when calling people 'fool', as it makes your post look rather..errr..foolish. Mind you, you also bafflingly posed it as a question.

It would HAVE to be with an experienced, British number two though, hence me mentioning Steve Clarke. Would Chris Hughton accept being a number two again I wonder?

Not sure about Hughton or Clarke. You might get Megson though. Maradonna and Megson - it's got a certain ring to it, don't you think?

A marriage made in heaven. ;)

Nothing more than a cheat? Not one of the greatest players ever then?

So thats Maradonna or Jewell that would make you return your ticket, any others you wish to inform the club of?

Did he not cheat in a game against England by hand balling the ball into the net (world cup 86)!!! Also did you not take drugs to enhance his playing performance in the world cup 94!!! He is a cheat!!!

This is great! Big Sam is gone and within hours there's already more excitement than we've had in the last three seasons!

I'd rather us go down and be entertained rather than endure the dull frustrating percentage based set piece loving lump it in the box to a big man and play from there football Allardyce forced on us.

:blink:

I cant believe people with such stupid views exist. The goal is to remain financially afloat and in the premier league. This club means so much to so many people; If it were to go down to the championship or go down the same route pompey did with shady owners and flash buying with no long term planning many people would lose jobs, the community will lose a valuable source of income, and least importantly we will lose the pleasure of seeing the famous blue and white halves gracing the premier league. You should be ashamed of yourself

Did he not cheat in a game against England by hand balling the ball into the net (world cup 86)!!! Also did you not take drugs to enhance his playing performance in the world cup 94!!! He is a cheat!!!

He never said he wasn't a cheat. You really should read posts properly before replying like that.

TCO took drugs to help Maradonna play better! how did that work?

:lol: I missed that.

Yeah. Until we're playing the likes of Doncaster and Scunthorpe every week.

That'll be exciting, won't it!

I share your excitement - lets not forget that though King Kenny attracted the players - and was no doubt a great motivator - it was Ray Harford that was the tactical genius behind us winning the title. Maradonna would need the right coach alongside him - and Venky's would need to provide serious funds to not only attract him - but the quality of player he would no doubt demand. Maradonna wouldn't come to Rovers to stay mid-table - he would have CL expectations - and those don't come cheap.

To be honest it is the type of bold move that Rovers fans have been after for years - though personally I would prefer to go after Beckham as player coach if they are determined to go for profile.

No excitement from me. Maradonna would be an absolute disaster. To all who wanted Sam gone--------happy now?

It's been a long day and I need my bed.

I heard the Maradona thing last week - via a very well-informed chap - and thought it was some kind of kid-on.

However the concept of bringing in someone who would put the owners on a worldwide map makes sense.

The only question is what role they see the wee man playing. Manager, technical director, who knows.

So DON'T be betting him being manager. You could end up losing on a technicality.

You may recall that Diego flew in from Spain to London about three weeks ago...the same weekend Rovers were taken over.

The fact that Sam was so swiftly dismissed tells me the Venky's people have had some sort of success chasing who they want.

Kentaro, incidentally, also have very good South American contacts.

The whole thing makes you think.

Strange days indeed.

No questions please. All puffed out.

• Backroom

TCO took drugs to help Maradonna play better! how did that work?

They're on to me :unsure:

This is scary as hell at the mo, should I feel guilty for finding it exciting though?

Archived