BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My initial thought was terror.

But you are encouraging me to run with it. It might be brilliant (it would probably more likely end in disaster, but what the hell)

Could be brilliant as a figurehead (if he has someone who knows what he's doing behind him), but if true I can't help but think it's going to be a car crash. A glorious, flaming 50-car pile-up mind.

Is it wrong that I'm kind of excited?

Charismatic, a world name would put us on the map. The Argentinians played some great stuff in the wc and he needs some good backup but why not?

That's the Argentinians FFS. My 4 yr old could get the likes of Messi, Milito etc to play some good stuff.

Can he do it with the likes of Andrews, Grella, Dunn, Diouf et al?

I've said it many times already, Maradona is the obvious choice. Why are people shocked by this? Venkys have already proven they are utterly ridiculous and don't know how football works. Maradona doesn't know much besides acting like a clown, so it's a match made in heaven.

Maradona is coming, it is almost a fact.

Why le chuck? Maradona would be a truly awful appointment.

My initial thought was terror.

But you are encouraging me to run with it. It might be brilliant (it would probably more likely end in disaster, but what the hell)

It would be scary as hell, but incredibly exciting. I don't think it's any exaggeration to say that we'd be the talk of the football world, if only for a short while. Also, the lack of a 'safe hands' appointment makes taking a risk almost inevitable.

It would HAVE to be with an experienced, British number two though, hence me mentioning Steve Clarke. Would Chris Hughton accept being a number two again I wonder?

Could be brilliant as a figurehead (if he has someone who knows what he's doing behind him), but if true I can't help but think it's going to be a car crash. A glorious, flaming 50-car pile-up mind.

Is it wrong that I'm kind of excited?

I share your excitement - lets not forget that though King Kenny attracted the players - and was no doubt a great motivator - it was Ray Harford that was the tactical genius behind us winning the title. Maradonna would need the right coach alongside him - and Venky's would need to provide serious funds to not only attract him - but the quality of player he would no doubt demand. Maradonna wouldn't come to Rovers to stay mid-table - he would have CL expectations - and those don't come cheap.

To be honest it is the type of bold move that Rovers fans have been after for years - though personally I would prefer to go after Beckham as player coach if they are determined to go for profile.

• Backroom

I have no bitterness towards Maradonna, pure legend.

He would maybe be awful but I would be excited as hell to see him at Ewood I can't deny that.

Who's to say it wouldn't work if he had a Ray Wilkins type with him?

• Backroom

Le Chuck, you are a fool???

He would be awful as manager!!! Maradona is nothing most than a CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He comes as manager or in any role with the club, then I will be returning my season ticket!!!!!

Nothing more than a cheat? Not one of the greatest players ever then?

So thats Maradonna or Jewell that would make you return your ticket, any others you wish to inform the club of?

Archived