BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

how quickly can 135 years of history disappear in an instant

Is that a trick question? ;)

But seriously, it does look like we are screwed if this continues. Syed Ali, we love you, come back. At least he knew who big Sam was, and the work that he has done, plus he has a 15 year plan :(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how quickly can 135 years of history disappear in an instant

No trick question, it just sums up my feelings right now.

In a word, dispair.

I love supporting Rovers because up until now we have been the exception, we have done things rationally, fairly and with honour.

What appears to have happened in the last 24 hours wipes out any of this.

Difficult to associate myself to something right now which correlates with the endless list of things that has turned me away from professional football

It used to be a game, of which you could say about Rovers, we always had a bloody good go.

If this is what Blackburn as a club are selling right now, then I ain't buying

The interview in the LET does not fill me with hope, when asked about the decision mrs d said

"We needed to do some changes and Sam going is of course the main change. This is a major step but it was needed. We thought why delay ?"

Why delay ????? Why delay ???

Well for a start you haven’t got another manager lined up and we have a crucial run of games coming up.

They want a British manager, they are going to leave Steve Kean in charge for 2 months ???

If you wanted a British manager then leave Sam in charge.

I have never heard of Steve Kean but I hope he is as good as what our new owners think. Apparently he is hard working so we should be ok !??!!

I'm stunned.

7-1 at Old Trafford is NOT a bloody good go!

Christs sakes. We had one or two bad results. Real Madrid losing 5-0 to Barca - would that be classed as a bloody good go?

10th in the league and what happened in the half seasons before and after can be classed as a bloody good go.

It's sad that some of our fans seem incapable of looking at the bigger picture.

JW will leave today im sure of it and with him will go our common sense and realistic input on how to remain a premiership club.

It looks as if we are becoming a massive marketing model for people in it to make money, well note to Venky's if you want to make money you have to be in the top flight.

you cant bring in players over ANY managers head and expect him to perform and if you continue in this manor we will end up being managed by a yes man with no credentials.

Sort this out fast.

Yes but-----how can we be a massive marketing model for people to make money if the club is going to be as badly run as this info suggests? We won't last the season if all this is true. I say again----it doesn't make sense.

Can't belivie this.

Apparently Venkys DO want John Williams to stay on... I just hopes he will carry on.

I wonder how playing attracting football will happen if we try to sign Boyd... Sam would have been able to play entertaining football if we bought Kean and Bentley.

Also. One might think that the reason why The Trust had to specify in the contract that the Statue of Jack Walker was not to be removed, and must at all times be kept in a proper shape, or else Venky's would have shipped it away.

I am furious!!!!

Yes but-----how can we be a massive marketing model for people to make money if the club is going to be as badly run as this info suggests? We won't last the season if all this is true. I say again----it doesn't make sense.

Has it occurred to you that we've been lied to? There is no massive marketing model.

Anything worth having is going to get sold and the money is going oto line the new owners pockets. Short term, make a quick buck and run.

TGM. I don't have any problems with looking at the bigger picture.

But I honesly have to say I dont think we gave it a bloody good go against the big teams. As I've said yesterday Sam's games and football didnt rock my emotions. It was kind of dull to watch. I really dont hope these words will hunt me, but it is the way I see it.

On the other side I find myself being optimistic whether Paul Ince gets hired, Sams gets hired another manager comes in.

TGM. I don't have any problems with looking at the bigger picture.

But I honesly have to say I dont think we gave it a bloody good go against the big teams. As I've said yesterday Sam's games and football didnt rock my emotions. It was kind of dull to watch. I really dont hope these words will hunt me, but it is the way I see it.

On the other side I find myself being optimistic whether Paul Ince gets hired, Sams gets hired another manager comes in.

That's okay, I'm sure tumbling through the divisions will rock your emotions one way or another.

Has it occurred to you that we've been lied to? There is no massive marketing model.

Anything worth having is going to get sold and the money is going oto line the new owners pockets. Short term, make a quick buck and run.

No that hasn't occurred to me. You really think there'll be a fire-sale of players, equipment and ground? Seriously?

No that hasn't occurred to me. You really think there'll be a fire-sale of players, equipment and ground? Seriously?

Realistically, they won't be able to get shut of the ground and equipment. Players I can see going, although how many of them are saleable assets is debateable. Probably sales in the summer, more than January. Our decent players will want to be plying their trade in the top division. We'll be left with the dross.

Did you think this time yesterday that by this time today we'd have no Allardyce, no Williams and no Finn? Seriously?

I'm not wanting to fall out with you here, 47er, but things are being turned on their head as we speak. Maybe I'm shocked and there's a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but I'm incredibly concerned for our club.

Christs sakes. We had one or two bad results.

Wasn't the 7-1 our worst defeat in the top flight in 60 years? One or two bad results? We'd let in 6 goals once in my years of supporting Rovers since 93 before Allardyce. It happened 4 times under him. There were a few games under Allardyce where we were pathetic.

Wasn't the 7-1 our worst defeat in the top flight in 60 years? One or two bad results? We'd let in 6 goals once in my years of supporting Rovers since 93 before Allardyce. It happened 4 times under him. There were a few games under Allardyce where we were pathetic.

Yeah, having a few games where we were really bad was really a good reason for sacking him! This isn't about the 7-1 defeat at United, it just gave the owners sufficient leverage to get a yes man in.

Quite a few games where we were amazing as well! Remember two years ago rather than a 7-1. What matters really? Hardy a few goals let in at Old Trafford...

Quite a few games where we were amazing as well! Remember two years ago rather than a 7-1. What matters really? Hardy a few goals let in at Old Trafford...

Archived