If you take out all the non-British managers, we're pretty much left with:

Holloway

Phil Brown

O'Neill

Curbishley

Shearer

Additional:

Chris Hughton

I would take O'Neill over any of those. Holloway is doing well, but his history is poor, I agree with your opinions of Phil Brown and Curbishley. I don't think Shearer will ever be a decent manager.

Unless Venkys start trying to get someone who is already employed, then that's pretty much the list we're looking at.

Shearer is someone Venky´s people have heard before. Not surprised if he is offered the job.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to laugh.

The majority of the messageboard are screaming blue murder over the Sam sacking, yet there are now almost as many pages on who everyone wants for the new manager.

Some posters who are "disgusted" are typing "Jol, please" 5 minutes later.

:wacko:

Personally, I'm disgusted with the decision made, but am still a Blackburn fan and want someone good brought in. What do you expect all of us that are "disgusted" by this decision to do? Sit down and have a tantrum til it all goes away?

Sam's been sacked, JW is now leaving, the majority of us are truly devastated by this, but we're going to have to move on eventually.

I wish they would at least sing from the same hymn sheet.

Venkatesh Rao radio interview.

My link

From this it sounds like the meeting at the club today could involve talk about a new appointment.

Just listened to this and again we are getting mixed messages from the owners.

So are we getting a new manager or not ? Is he talking about Keane ?

I wish they would at least sing from the same hymn sheet.

Venkatesh Rao radio interview.

My link

From this it sounds like the meeting at the club today could involve talk about a new appointment.

"I wish the fans the best of luck"

Cheers but it's not us that's needs it! When he said that it reminded me of a doomed WW1 platoon being told "Good Luck Men" by their commander before they get slaughtered.

If we were to bring in an Argentinian, Marcelo Bielsa would be my choice . But his brand of football is far too adventurous, people will inevitably moan about being given a footballing heart attack at Ewood. Rovers fans being Rovers fans and all that

Also noticed he's unemployed

Im also ###### by the media's reaction towards Big Sam's sacking with moral outrage - where previously Big Sam (and Blackburn) has been the target of footballing ridicule, now the media has been in utmost sympathy with Big Sam. And poor old Blackburn has been tipped for unmitigated disaster by the media because - we sacked Big Sam. Pesky media wants unfashionable Rovers to fail all the time, eh.

I hope this saga will be the point where we RALLY around our club, where we trade mediocrity for ambition, where we realise that the club will always be bigger than the the manager or anyone in charge.

Instead of expressing some unfair kneejerk outrage toward our Indian owners. Do not underestimate the xenophobic undertones that undergird the excess outrage really

Marcelo Bielsa is a great shout loved what he did with Chile at the World Cup would be the total opposite of Big Sam.

If we get anyone of the calibre of Roy Keane, Dave Jones, Ian Dowie, Megson, Sherwood, Shearer, Phil Brown, Southgate, Coleman or Curbishley then I will be GUTTED!!!

AWFUL choices, all lacking a track record at the top!

Hughesy, most of them do have a track record at the top - just not very good ones :P

If we get anyone of the calibre of Roy Keane, Dave Jones, Ian Dowie, Megson, Sherwood, Shearer, Phil Brown, Southgate, Coleman or Curbishley then I will be GUTTED!!!

AWFUL choices, all lacking a track record at the top!

Thats one god awful list of managers you have wrote out. If any of them come in, we will be screwed.

*Dont know that much about Dave Jones to be fair

I'd love to see Coyle here, he'd get the best out of what we've got and get them playing good attacking football.

Also Burnley fans don't think much of him which would make for an interesting local derby should one arise.

Other than Coyle I have no idea who would be good for the club.

Keegan? When the going gets tough he seems to get going... Straight out of the nearest convenient exit.

MON? Not much different than Sam.

Maradona? :wacko:

Shearer? Inexperienced.

Jol? Not sure.

Megson? See MON.

Avram? Thought he got Portsmouth playing well. Did well at Chelsea. Hasn't impressed at West Ham.

Chris Hughton? Should have more ambition, and besides he ruled himself out.

Dave Jones? Like Hughton I think we should be more ambitious.

Zola? No way.

Hughes? Doubt he'd leave Fulham at the moment.

McClaren? Not a fan.

Bilic? Perhaps, and he'd get the most of of Kali.

Souness? His last days at Rovers were disappointing. And besides, he's always mentioned when it comes to Rovers appointing a manager. Nothing in it.

Eriksson? I think people are harsh on him, I think he'd do well at Rovers. However I'd prefer someone else if possible.

Dalglish? Take him like a shot, but he wouldn't come back.

Holloway? Interesting but unproven.

The rest don't excite me as potential candidates. Unless Mourinho suddenly became available.

And can someone tell this idiot we aren't called Blackburn Wanderers...

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6577781,00.html

A football reporter not knowing the names of the top tier teams. Ffs... :angry2:

Booth, I think you're being a bit harsh on Martin O'Neill.

My opinion, MON > Megson by a long stretch.

To be, MON is really the only one out of that list that not only would improve Rovers, but also is British and available.

MON is not quite British... He's from Northern Ireland.

Booth, I think you're being a bit harsh on Martin O'Neill.

My opinion, MON > Megson by a long stretch.

To be, MON is really the only one out of that list that not only would improve Rovers, but also is British and available.

I meant see Megson as in MON's not much different to Sam. Okay that may still be a little harsh, but seeing a few of Villa's performances under him didn't impress me too much. Earlier on in his career I would have felt different.

I would prefer us to get a manager with good attacking sensibilities who wants us to play decent football. I'm not talking Brazil world cup winning football, just good attacking football. I don't think MON would bring that.

I suppose I'm just hungover from watching the ball shooting through the air and going straight to an opposition player for prolonged periods of time, and having no midfield.

Not from Great Britain, but he is still 'British' as a UK national (unless he chose to be Irish on his passport).

You'd need to ask someone from Northern Ireland what they have written on their passport...

MON is currently the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned.

While O'Neill can play some direct football, I feel that he always directs it more to the wings than central. Which, of course, leads to more wing play.

Lets not ignore the fact that he had the idea to move Milner central, and change Ashely Young to a winger. Both paid dividends to the club.

One thing I don't understand: Why are only managers currently unemployed considered as candidates? If it turns out Steve Kean doesn't deliver (got a feeling he will though...) - remember Bolton last year? They managed to get Coyle - whats to say our new owners won't be able to offer someone already employed by another club a better deal? Lots and lots of clubs in dire financial trouble as far as I know. Won't bring up any names - just my two cents.....

Archived