BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

Realistically, they won't be able to get shut of the ground and equipment. Players I can see going, although how many of them are saleable assets is debateable. Probably sales in the summer, more than January. Our decent players will want to be plying their trade in the top division. We'll be left with the dross.

Did you think this time yesterday that by this time today we'd have no Allardyce, no Williams and no Finn? Seriously?

I'm not wanting to fall out with you here, 47er, but things are being turned on their head as we speak. Maybe I'm shocked and there's a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but I'm incredibly concerned for our club.

Falling out was the last thing on my mind I assure you, I'm as worried as you. Maybe the consequences of what Venkys are doing will wake them up sooner than later and they'll "revise" their approach. We live in hope.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really genuinely sorry that this has happened to you. Always had a soft spot for Blackburn, don't really get the animosity some of our fans show towards you. Used to go and watch you guys at Ewood when Bolton weren't playing in the early-mid nineties a few times, was really good fun.

I hope to god your new owners sort this out and don't make a mockery out of your club but I had my doubts when they came in and have my doubts now as I'm sure most of you do.

If its any consolation most Bolton fans I've spoken to think this is disgusting how they've treated Sam and how they've treated you all as fans. I'm sure this extends across most football fans (proper ones anyways).

Good luck, who knows something spectacular might come out of it, really hope for all your sakes that it does!

Maradona second favourite behind Jol on Betfair.

Maradona and Steve Clarke would be my first choice actually!

LeChuck wait for it........WE ACTUALLY AGREE ON SOMETHING! what a difference a day makes eh :tu:

Maradona would be just the sort of appointment Venkys will be looking for, it would make the news on Jupiter should it happen.

It could be car crash football, or it could be absolutely fantastic, but it would never be boaring.

He’s the greatest player ever to play he game and I couldn’t careless about his coke habit, get him in and lets enjoy the ride, bring Tevez with you Diego!

LeChuck wait for it........WE ACTUALLY AGREE ON SOMETHING! what a difference a day makes eh :tu:

Maradona would be just the sort of appointment Venkys will be looking for, it would make the news on Jupiter should it happen.

It could be car crash football, or it could be absolutely fantastic, but it would never be boaring.

He’s the greatest player ever to play he game and I couldn’t careless about his coke habit, get him in and lets enjoy the ride, bring Tevez with you Diego!

2787258705_9aa0c3b717.jpg

What about Maradonna in charge with Paul Gascoigne No 2? Both fantastic footballers. What could go wrong? :rolleyes:

You know...I was about to post that, having slept on it, I think it's a bad idea. I feel guilty now though! :)

After reading that LET interview I'm 99% certain it won't be him anyway.

Just seen that SSN have been talking about Venky's wanting to appoint a British manager. Not sure what to think about that, can't think of many British managers really that are a.) better than Sam and b.) those that are- willing to come here. It also exposes us to to rubbish like Curbishley, Shearer and the rest.

wanting an English manager, narrows the field some what.

I suppose we need a list of English / british managers.

It is not just curbishley's name on it.

Redknap,

Coyle

Hughes

Bruce

maclaren

Brown

O'neil.

Ironic it is Indians saying we want a british manager.

This whole situation is ludicrous.

IF we hire Maradona, Jol, Holloway or ANY manager for that matter and they take rovers to top 5 with no money....they will be with us for a maximum of 1 year before being snapped up bya big club....that would be managerial genius!

They have to find some money from somewhere or there's only one direction were going.

The weekend is MASSIVE. If the players don't respond to Steve Kean we are down. The next 4 weeks are crucial and if we don't win enough games we are in big big trouble.

You know...I was about to post that, having slept on it, I think it's a bad idea. I feel guilty now though! :)

After reading that LET interview I'm 99% certain it won't be him anyway.

Must say it took me a long time to get over his handball in the world cup, but now I think the guys brilliant, his passion for the Argentina job was there for all to see and things would never be boring!

Won’t happen though, and thats probably the right decision.

You have to laugh.

The majority of the messageboard are screaming blue murder over the Sam sacking, yet there are now almost as many pages on who everyone wants for the new manager.

Some posters who are "disgusted" are typing "Jol, please" 5 minutes later.

:wacko:

If we were to bring in an Argentinian, Marcelo Bielsa would be my choice . But his brand of football is far too adventurous, people will inevitably moan about being given a footballing heart attack at Ewood. Rovers fans being Rovers fans and all that

Also noticed he's unemployed

A great shout.

I wouldn't mind Coyle here actually - but I guess he's not high profile enough either. I think Klinsmann might fit the bill for profile at least, although he's got some strange ideas too judging from his time at Bayern and the German national team.

IMO:

Maradona: Bonkers - but would put us on the map. Not in a good way though.

Rijkaard: Done nothing since leaving Barcelona

Zico: Just not good enough

Jol: Didn't impress me at Spurs and he lost it with Ajax - losing out to McClaren in the league!

Holloway: Yes he's entertaining but we'd be certs for relegation with him in charge.

Phil Brown: BFS mk. II - with upgraded ego

O'Neill: Cheque-book manager

Sven: Don't be ridiculous

Curbishley: Zzzzz. The players wouldn't mind him though - they would get to finish the season early in March ;)

Shearer: Would never come in a million years and personally after his job at Newcastle, the feeling's mutual - even though he's a legend here.

Maradona: Bonkers - but would put us on the map. Not in a good way though.

Rijkaard: Done nothing since leaving Barcelona

Zico: Just not good enough

Jol: Didn't impress me at Spurs and he lost it with Ajax - losing out to McClaren in the league!

Holloway: Yes he's entertaining but we'd be certs for relegation with him in charge.

Phil Brown: BFS mk. II - with upgraded ego

O'Neill: Cheque-book manager

Sven: Don't be ridiculous

Curbishley: Zzzzz. The players wouldn't mind him though - they would get to finish the season early in March ;)

Shearer: Would never come in a million years and personally after his job at Newcastle, the feeling's mutual - even though he's a legend here.

If you take out all the non-British managers, we're pretty much left with:

Holloway

Phil Brown

O'Neill

Curbishley

Shearer

Additional:

Chris Hughton

I would take O'Neill over any of those. Holloway is doing well, but his history is poor, I agree with your opinions of Phil Brown and Curbishley. I don't think Shearer will ever be a decent manager.

Unless Venkys start trying to get someone who is already employed, then that's pretty much the list we're looking at.

Archived