BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poyet ? He might be crazy enough to understand him

I've mentioned him before. He is doing great things at Brighton. The trouble is that it would be a risk to promote him to a higher level and risks we can't afford. I realise you're talking tongue-in-cheek about him being 2nd in charge to Maradonna but, in reality, he'd be in charge. That headcase would be over in Burnley buying his coke.

Nicko must be serious or he would not have written the story--what an absolute nightmare.

Maradonna would be a disaster. He was found out at the World Cup to be tactically inept and as someone else pointed out, they had a very sketchy qualifying. I'd be nervous about it even with say, Wilkins as a number 2 (brilliant in that role IMO).

Also, his odds have drifted on Betfair since 11pm. He was as low as 7-1 at one point. Last price matched was 20.

No I didn't, but in case you are referring to Maradona then I don't think cocaine is particularly performance enhancing (unless you're entering a lip chewing competition)

I think he was on more than just coke though. I do believe he was also tested positive for ephedrine. Anyhow he is a cheating fat Argie.

To the Rovers fans who wanted rid of Big Sam, hope you are happy with what you have got now!!!

This club is going to be turn into a joke imo if Maradona as anything to do with our club!!!

I know it is tradition on this messageboard to fall apart at every available opportunity but nothing has happened yet, let's wait and see who gets the job.

Maradonna LOL! Record is not great, would be an awful decision! Would have comedy value though, maybe him and Poyet haha. In all seriousness though I hope it isn't him as that would be a giant facepalm for me. Jol, O'neill or Hughton out of the available managers; Di Matteo, Simon Greyson or at a very long shot Moyes from the employed managers (I think he'd go if the price is right, taken Everton as far as he can without massive board backing)

Well people wanted to Be entertained suppose the saying 'be careful what you wish for' springs to mind.. Sam was a safe pair of hands so will be interesting what the future holds...

For pure (sensible) entertainment I'd go for Holloway..

For White knuckle ride I'd go for Maradonna..

I'd also consider Jol and Coyle..

MON is not for us not too different from Sams style..

Ps all the best for the future Sam... Today for the first time I feel as though our club acted very Un rovers like and that makes me a bit sad..

Anyway lets see what the future holds...

It's been a long day and I need my bed.

I heard the Maradona thing last week - via a very well-informed chap - and thought it was some kind of kid-on.

However the concept of bringing in someone who would put the owners on a worldwide map makes sense.

The only question is what role they see the wee man playing. Manager, technical director, who knows.

So DON'T be betting him being manager. You could end up losing on a technicality.

You may recall that Diego flew in from Spain to London about three weeks ago...the same weekend Rovers were taken over.

The fact that Sam was so swiftly dismissed tells me the Venky's people have had some sort of success chasing who they want.

Kentaro, incidentally, also have very good South American contacts.

The whole thing makes you think.

Strange days indeed.

No questions please. All puffed out.

Hmmm, maybe a hint he could be technical director (and you know how they always work out)

Ps all the best for the future Sam... Today for the first time I feel as though our club acted very Un rovers like and that makes me a bit sad..

Too right! I took the ###### out of a Newcastle fan when Hughton was relentlessly sacked for not much. I feel damn stupid now!

That's the Argentinians FFS. My 4 yr old could get the likes of Messi, Milito etc to play some good stuff.

Can he do it with the likes of Andrews, Grella, Dunn, Diouf et al?

Am I correct in believing that you wanted a change of manager? If so stop moaning.

I sincerely hope we look outside of the usual duckpond for a new manager. Germany, Holland and Italy all arguably educate better coaches than England, and I'm sure some of them wouldn't mind a payrise and a crack at the most popular league in the world. The immediate candidate for me is Martin Jol.

Also, this is very much Sven Göran Erikssons style. Promises of cash, dodgy new owners... I would be surprised if Athole Still isn't making a few calls tonight.

The Maradona-rumors... It would be a complete trainwreck. A spectacular trainwreck, but still a trainwreck.

Dream candidate: Zdenek Zeman!

Am I correct in believing that you wanted a change of manager? If so stop moaning.

Ahh Theno, not like you to jump down someone's throat.

I think you'll find that I have consistently said with naff all budget Allardyce is probably the best guy for the job. If there is a decent chunk to spend then I'm sure there are other managers that can take us forward and I certainly wouldn't mind Martin jol.

As for Maradonna, you and I both know that would be a death warrant for the club.

Im not really a betting sort of guy but on the William Hill website I click the link for veiw all options for next Blackburn Manager and it says no longer available? Surely this could mean somthing? I also can't find a link on the skybet site for our next manager. Or maybe Im just being stupid

http://news.williamhill.com/a/football/jol-y-good-timing-for-martin-to-rove-to-blackburn/

Archived