BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they were talking on 5 live about a new manager someone mentioned Jol and they started to laugh as if it was a done deal.

It seriously isnt that predictable is it? I know a new manager must be lined up but why do people think Jol is a done deal?

I rememeber a Geordie poll for who was going to be the next manager and Pardew had 2% of the votes and geordies even said they were Sunderland fans, I hope we dont see some odd appointment like nicko suggested.

can i ask those on here something

if we had got Mourinho in, would he be able to play attractive football with the current crop of players?

its okay to want a high profile manager, but if you want top class football then you have to spend money. Sam could achieve results with ths bunch, but can these players play attractive football?

Thank you Sam

When they were talking on 5 live about a new manager someone mentioned Jol and they started to laugh as if it was a done deal.

It seriously isnt that predictable is it? I know a new manager must be lined up but why do people think Jol is a done deal?

they might have had a manager in mind when they took over?

Whilst thinking it must be Jol, it would not be too surprising if they went for a "bigger name". Their brand, and our image, is apparently so important in all this therefore it possible they could do something bizarre here, hope not....

Names for the pot here, totally random and more than likely totally wrong but after Nicko's post earlier it's prolly going to be someone along these lines:-

Terry Venables or Sven-Göran Eriksson

I can only see Venkys going for a "name" in the game, El Tel has the gift of the gab and is a former England manager, as for Sven he has previous with Kentaro aka Venkys...

If not then it's going to another "celeb' type character like Shearer or Beckham coming in.

Flame away if you wish, I have my asbestos underpants on.

On the basis that most times when a manager is sacked the assistant takes over till a new one starts (just thinking about parkes in the past and other managers), but here we have sacked not only sam but neil mac as well (who was actually a really nice bloke when ive spoken to him in the past).

I am hoping this means they have a management team in mind already.

Whoever it is I hope its someone who is a good man manager, I would like to see a manager get the best out of the likes of Hoilett, Olsson and Kalinic, I think these guys have to more to their game than we have been seeing and the new manager needs to unlock this.

I would like to see us become an attacking force as well as defensive.

I think the worry is, do they want a yes man?

If they do then someone on the fringes of the premiership, unproven, will probably be on there list.

If they want a decent manager with experience who will be left to manage, then a Martin Jol or Martin O’Neill would be great appointments.

Frank Rjykard is a non starter I'd imagine....

BFS was cheesing off Rovers fans and they will vote with their feet.

His record at half time was ad bad as it gets and I actually believe he lost Rovers points rather than gained them as manager.

As someone who hates Charlie Hughes' position of maximum opportunity football, I am glad BFS has gone.

His recent arrogance has been breathtaking. Anelka would qualify Rovers for Europe every season, I could win trophies at Real Madrid or Barcelona, Rovers fans know nothing about football, I do.

Archived