BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Venkys to redeem their face in Blackburn, they can only get away with appointing a manager now, who is a winner at the highest level. Failure to do so will severely harm their credibility and just expose them as not being good enough to take Blackburn Rovers football club forward.

The balls definitely in Venky's court now.

Just occured to me that sacking Big Sam means he's almost bound to go one of the bottom teams. Who's betting against him keeping whoever it is up ? Maybe at our expense. It also occured to me that we were getting in first before a few more Premier League managers get the chop, at least we get first pick this way. As for candidates- Shearer ! You've got to be kidding, he showed nothing at Newcastle, they went down without a whimper. We'd be better of with Grayson at Leeds or Keith Hill at Rochdale if we want an ex-Rover, which I don't. Martin Jol is probably the stand out candidate at the moment. I'm not sure the Holloway magic would work at a club like ours but he's doing a great job for Blackpool.

Zola ? no thanks , flopped at West Ham.

Well the massive lack of attractive choices shows how risky a move it is to get rid of Sam.

For me it has to be Jol. Firstly I think he's a decent shout - he's a pretty decent record wherever he's been. Secondly, because the rest are all a bit suspect at best.

I'm not sure about Houghton, but he'd be the only other one that'd possibly tempt me. Possibly with a strong number 2 like Wilkins or Clarke, to help him we could perhaps have a real gem of a manager on our hands. The barcodes could have imploded last year, and whilst they did have a lot of quality for a championship team, they're doing ok in the prem despite being only average at best in terms of premiership quality. Sure it's early days, but he's got some good results. Would be a bit of a gamble though - but then I guess so was Hughes.

Im sure some damage control. Who to believe, someone who sits thousands of miles away, or the man that saved the club from oblivion. Morale was high in the group, and results were good and so was our position. Unless Sam made the pass at Mrs. Desai, I dont see how the timing was right.

the guys being mentioned so far are all freebies....if venkys are deadly serious about getting a top quality name in - and they better had be for getting rid of Sam - i think anyone is a possibility (except the obvious ones of 'the special one' etc).

I honestly think there is no chance of jones et al getting anywhere near it.

Here's hoping for a David Beckham player assisstant manager role.

I thought you were against Allardyce?

I was certainly not a "fan", but Venkys have shown all we need to know about them with this move. They are liars and backstabbers who do not have the slightest idea what loyalty and respect means.

BFS was never a "Rovers" man either, but he was building a team, he formed a strong team unit, and at least gave us some stability. Sacking your manager for 1-2 bad results and turning to Jonny Foreigner or whoever is going to replace him is counterproductive and makes a joke out of the club's values. This is what seperated us from clubs like Man City and Newcastle. Not anymore I guess.

Archived