BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Rovers Boss

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he is extremely shocked and that it hasnt yet sunk in, first thing he heard about it was of john williams this evening. he then went on to say the club needed to be sold in ordefr to go forward he is just gutted he cant be apart of it anymore. He loved his time at the club and thanked the board players and supporters.

Shocked and disgusted at the new owners!

Sam has been doing relatively well and unless they can pump in serious sums of money, I don't see anyone out there who is better than him.

With our recent fixture list, we had a lot of winnable games coming up, now manger-less, we may well end up in the bottom 3 by the new year. Shocking decision and I am fuming at the timing.

I think I'd stop watching us if we were sacking Big Sam to replace him with somebody like Hughton or Dowie.

Martin Jol is currently the bookies' favourite and I could see it happening, but I'm sure there'll be an 'impact' appointment.

That said, if that appointment is Diego Maradona, our club officially becomes a laughing stock...

The very last one I want to see as Rovers manager or even of ANY English club would be Maradona. I simply cannot stomach that slime ball at any price. And I would be very surprised if he would even consider managing any English club knowing how he feels about us.

The only thing that worries me about holloway is currently at blackpool he is no real pressure, he was a hero for getting them up, if they go down or up he cant really be held accountable.

The same cant be said if he comes here where the pressure will be on to keep us safe AND now play attractively football all for the price of a mchicken sandwich

If Venkys really do want a "celebrity manager", Maradona is their man.

Maradonna.

Good God almighty, and to think we were once complaining that Diouf is not the type of invidiual we want to see at the club...

I think Rovers may be going for jose. I find it interesting they have kept steve kean on - who is fluent in portugees (spelling). But got rid of neil macdonald as well as Sam. If the Venky's have big ambitions for the club !

Would anyone like Zola?

I always loved to watch Zola playing football......great player. BUT: I don't beleve he has what it takes to be a successful EPL manager. He is not tough enough, hard enough, strong minded enough for the job; at least not yet. For proof look how he fared at West Ham where he had a very strong squad of players that the right kind of manager would have had finishing in the top half and pushing for Europe.

guys ive sussed it....

Venky's want a celebrity manager and want to earn some more money for the club, so now folks tune your tv sets on saturday nights into -

"im a celebrity on ice in the jungle dancing to a premier league managers job factor"

Each week we get a new manager and we get to phone vote which to keep on £5 a call premium rate numbers, first two managers this week will be Katie Price and Lady GaGa

It must be whats on instead of x factor, judging panel will be trevor francis as loui walsh, cheryl cole representing wags and bruce forsyth representing those over 6ft 2.

Archived