BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They know more about football than you apparently.

It was apparent to anyone with half a brain cell that ditching Sam was football suicide.

And so it is proving.

Two separate questions?

Should Rovers have made an almost immediate appointment YES

Should Sam have been fired YES ; his bad buys over the last two years are the reason we are having difficulties.

Two separate questions?

Should Rovers have made an almost immediate appointment YES

Should Sam have been fired YES ; his bad buys over the last two years are the reason we are having difficulties.

Sam was steering us to mid table with no backing from the owners AGAIN!

Sam did a superb job with a club that would have been long adrift in the Championship if it hadn't have been for his appointment.

Yourself and others need to wake up to the fact it was Sam and Sam alone keeping a skint Rovers afloat.

It wasn't a day for positives but I feel it should be said that Hoilett looked good when he came on and should be starting now

I noticed that. But was the difference Hoillett coming on or Dunn going off? I like Hoillet because he worries defenders BUT I suspect the latter was more the case yesterday. I think EHD would have been a significant improvement on Dunn but I wonder if his absence was because he's been critical of the new manager? I wouldn't bet against it. I'd imagine Kean is in trouble within the squad.

Similarly the case with Samba. Last season when there were whispers about him leaving SA scotched them by making him team captain and it worked well. This time the Kean has reacted differently and stripped him of the captaincy and dropped him from the team. Poor psychology and definite 'Little man big desk syndrome' imo. Not only has he flung open the exit door just when we need a leader but worse still for the Venkeys he will also have devalued Samba's worth. Unless we can create a bidding war then it will surely take less to buy him now than two weeks ago.

Many of the posts here don't make sense. The Venkys have invested £43m. If we go down they will lose at least half. They did not buy us to add to the value of the Venkys brand. Would KFC add to their brand value by buying Bolton? Chelsea help make Abromovich famous but do not add to value of his oil companies. Losing Phil Jones and poss Samba, we could easily go down. If so the c £8-12m better off we would have been per annum will probably be wasted.

I've been wondering along similar lines. If we go down what will happen? Will the owners take the parachute payment, asset strip the squad that is left and run for cover? Or will they dig deep and support us in our desperate need? I'm afraid that I can only see one way they will go. I don't think they will have either the financial wherewithall or the motivation to continue. They will disappear financially battered and bruised with two black eyes and their foolish pride in tatters (which resulted in Allardyce being dismissed simply because MU blew their bragging rights to the four winds at at their Pune shindig) whilst we will be left in a tailspin which could easily prove terminal. Please please will someone tell me that I am wrong. :(

I noticed that. But was the difference Hoillett coming on or Dunn going off? I like Hoillet because he worries defenders BUT I suspect the latter was more the case yesterday. I think EHD would have been a significant improvement on Dunn but I wonder if his absence was because he's been critical of the new manager? I wouldn't bet against it. I'd imagine Kean is in trouble within the squad.

Diouf said on Twitter he didn't play due to pulling his hamstring in the warm up

TheDioufy10 El-Hadji Diouf

During the warm up I felt a slight pull on ma hamstring! Gutted that I never came on and we never got a result doe!!

Linganzi & Hoilett should have played from the off. The former would have given us the height and physical presence in midfield, which was desperately lacking with Dunn & Pedersen in the middle. And Hoilett was the rare bright spark of the game when he came on, and we're always going to need his pace.

Linganzi & Hoilett should have played from the off. The former would have given us the height and physical presence in midfield, which was desperately lacking with Dunn & Pedersen in the middle. And Hoilett was the rare bright spark of the game when he came on, and we're always going to need his pace.

After watching the midfield yesterday N'Zonzi and Grella must have a big part to play now. Is there a reason for either to be missing for so long? Obviousy Grella is a sick note but I do wonder if there is more to N'Zonzi's absence than meets the eye.

I just realised I wrote 4-2-4 when I meant 4-4-2! Anyway the point I was trying to get across was we featured 2 strikers which people have been praying for.

Did you see the game, we played three centre halfs, two full/wing backs, with three midfielders (Dunn in the Tugay role) and two up front.

After watching the midfield yesterday N'Zonzi and Grella must have a big part to play now. Is there a reason for either to be missing for so long? Obviousy Grella is a sick note but I do wonder if there is more to N'Zonzi's absence than meets the eye.

Grella ??? are you having a laugth ?????????

Did you see the game, we played three centre halfs, two full/wing backs, with three midfielders (Dunn in the Tugay role) and two up front.

Yes--I'm not arguing the point. I just used 4-4-2 as short-hand.I really meant 2 strikers on the field and not 5 in mid-field.

Didn't work did it?

Rubbish.

The reason we are going to be relegated is because the stupid owners have fired a very good manager.

Good to see us finally playing the ball on the floor yesterday.....

Good lot it did us too ......

I though we played quite well yesterday despite the defeat - the only real issue was the lack of chances we created. We're clearly missing a ball playing centre mid and Kean has pointed out that he is looking for one in the window, so hopefully that will come off if he's still here.

In light of the last two games, it's become clear to most fans that sacking Allardyce at this stage of the season was a real shocker. Venky's have clearly made a huge boo boo on that front. Over the long term, I had no problem with them wanting to replace him with someone whose style is more entertaining to watch. However, that decision should have been made at the end of the season if it had become clear to the board that he was not the right man to take us forward even after being given some money to spend. Appalling decision regarding the timing.

As for the future, I have nothing against Steve Kean and I will continue to support him whilst he's in the job but I think the new owners need to appoint a full-time permanent manager who has experience of managing a football club. Unfortunately for Kean, in the circumstances, he was part of Sam's team and whilst he's in charge the players will be questioning why they have the janitor when they could have carried on with the head teacher who most players thought was doing a good job. For me, this makes Kean's position untenable.

Venky's need to act after tomorrow's game and bring in a man who will refresh the dressing room, bring in his own team and have the respect of the players for being his own man and for getting the job on the back of his own achievements as a manager. That really is the only way forward from now on.

Thoughts?

I though we played quite well yesterday despite the defeat - the only real issue was the lack of chances we created. We're clearly missing a ball playing centre mid and Kean has pointed out that he is looking for one in the window, so hopefully that will come off if he's still here.

In light of the last two games, it's become clear to most fans that sacking Allardyce at this stage of the season was a real shocker. Venky's have clearly made a huge boo boo on that front. Over the long term, I had no problem with them wanting to replace him with someone whose style is more entertaining to watch. However, that decision should have been made at the end of the season if it had become clear to the board that he was not the right man to take us forward even after being given some money to spend. Appalling decision regarding the timing.

As for the future, I have nothing against Steve Kean and I will continue to support him whilst he's in the job but I think the new owners need to appoint a full-time permanent manager who has experience of managing a football club. Unfortunately for Kean, in the circumstances, he was part of Sam's team and whilst he's in charge the players will be questioning why they have the janitor when they could have carried on with the head teacher who most players thought was doing a good job. For me, this makes Kean's position untenable.

Venky's need to act after tomorrow's game and bring in a man who will refresh the dressing room, bring in his own team and have the respect of the players for being his own man and for getting the job on the back of his own achievements as a manager. That really is the only way forward from now on.

Thoughts?

Your obviously not aware that a football agent is now heavily involved in the running of our club?

The only thing that Steve Kean seems to have changed is that Paul Robinson doesn't take free kicks in our own half anymore, instead we have Nelsen who imo is not as good as lumping it into the box and more importantly not there to pose an areial threat. The 442 didn't seem like a 442, it didn't work and at times it looked like we were playing half arsed Sam tactics.

I want to be positive but Im afraid I can't be about Venkys, the decision to sack Sam looks incredibly ill thought out and poor, results take priority and tbh if we play like we did over the last few games in the Championship we would struggle there as well. Bringing 4 or 5 players in, in the January window, is not going to change anything even if we bring in 4 or 5 Superstars because what we have now is not a united team, the other week against Wolves we had that after the inexcusable game that should never be mentioned.

Your obviously not aware that a football agent is now heavily involved in the running of our club?

Sorry John, I'm not sure what your point is? If it's regarding getting a new manager in after tomorrow's game who will bring fresh impetus into the dressing room, I think that could work.

All the talk has been about how the agency is running the club, but we've had no real proof of that so far. All we've heard is the startling comments of Desai and her shocking actions. I am not for one moment suggesting that the agents are NOT heavily involved in the running of club, i'm just saying we've still to find the necessary evidence if that is indeed the case. January will leave us in no doubt either way.

As for my original rebuttal, I still feel that if we brought in a fresh face from the outside, the players would be more responsive as opposed to Steve kean who many feel was extremely fortunate to get his promotion. A new man could have a large impact on the direction of the actual football and consequent results.

Sorry not having a go but just stating the obvious, well the obvious to me anyway.

Who do you think suggested Kean as manager? Who manages Kean? Mrs Desai has been following his career closely?

Why was Neil Macdonald sacked along with Sam?

Why has Sam suggested that someone stabbed him in the back?

Archived