BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironic that the first time in maybe 7 years Rovers have genuine money to spend, that we don't have an experienced manager to spend it.

Do we though? I haven't seen any signings yet, just a lot of talk. I know it's not January yet but people talk like it's a given there will be lots of signings. Venkys have hardly given us reason to trust their word to date...

Utter rubbish today. No creativity, no ideas and no quality. We made Stoke look good - something that I didn't really think was possible. We had nothing up front, were overrun in midfield, and over-powered in defence.

Big Sam got the best out of a poor squad and frequently managed to paper over the cracks. Well, the cracks are well and truly exposed now. Make no mistake, we're deep in a relegation battle and, unless we can add some quality players to the team in January, it's a battle I can't see us winning.

The new owners have shown nothing, absolutley nothing, to suggest that they are in any way competent. They've sacked our manager at possibly the worst possible time in the season. They've replaced him with a complete novice who already is starting to look out of his depth. They've de-stabilised the most stable board room in the Premier League. And they have come out with bullshit statement after bullshit statement that has made us a laughing stock.

How the (Please don't use that word again) has this happened?

'Sold down the River' is the phrase I do believe.

Dont know what was worse today - our performance by the players or our own fans singing negative chants etc? Pathetic!!

I'll tell you what I find pathetic Hughesy. Owners who replace a highly proficient manager - whose contract would run out in the summer - with a novice - who just happens to be linked to the agents the owners are involved with - and to whom they give a contract that runs out in the summer. If the owners got rid of Sam because of a vocal minority who write on messageboards that's even more worrying!

No wonder Simon Garner said he was embarrassed to be associated with the club at the moment in Friday's LT. He was exactly right when he said we have become a national laughing stock.

The performance of the team today suggests that the players don't appear to have bought into the Venky/Kean fantasies for the future.

Although its early days, Kean will be under tremendous pressure if he fails to get sufficient points from the next three games. He needs four points from these three games but on today's showing I'm not sure where they are coming from.

Tactically we were all over the place today. I have no doubt that Sam would have got four points from these last two League games. Sam's last three games at Ewood resulted in three wins and nine points. Kean's first two home games have brought just one point.

This is no longer the Blackburn Rovers that I have followed for 50 years. It is an offshoot of an Indian Business Corporation and its main function is now to market Venkys. We have owners who have no background in football, a manager who is wet behind the ears and and an experienced chairman and chief executive who both seem to have been sidelined. It is little wonder that the supporters are becoming just as disillusioned as the players. Three weeks ago we were sitting fairly comfortably in midtable and challenging for a top ten place. Today we are in a relegation battle. All because Mrs Desai, whose seen a couple of matches on TV, decides that she knows more about the game than John Williams and opts to sack the manager and promote the untried number three to the top job. You really couldn't make it up!

Sadly, those feeding information back to Mrs Desai about Sam failed to mention that he was able to motivate a team into getting results in the matches that needed to be won. If Kean fails to achieve results over the next few weeks what does Mrs. Desai do? She has staked her reputation on Kean and if he fails then, ultimately, it is a failure of her management and decision making.

If you believe what Howard Walker said in his radio interview last week, then I think. Foiled by deception is a more accurate description.

If so many of us mere message board posters could guess at what was really going on, the question is, were they really looking hard enough or were they blinded by the cash?

I'll tell you what I find pathetic Hughesy. Owners who replace a highly proficient manager - whose contract would run out in the summer - with a novice - who just happens to be linked to the agents the owners are involved with - and to whom they give a contract that runs out in the summer. If the owners got rid of Sam because of a vocal minority who write on messageboards that's even more worrying!

No wonder Simon Garner said he was embarrassed to be associated with the club at the moment in Friday's LT. He was exactly right when he said we have become a national laughing stock.

The performance of the team today suggests that the players don't appear to have bought into the Venky/Kean fantasies for the future.

Although its early days, Kean will be under tremendous pressure if he fails to get sufficient points from the next three games. He needs four points from these three games but on today's showing I'm not sure where they are coming from.

Tactically we were all over the place today. I have no doubt that Sam would have got four points from these last two League games. Sam's last three games at Ewood resulted in three wins and nine points. Kean's first two home games have brought just one point.

This is no longer the Blackburn Rovers that I have followed for 50 years. It is an offshoot of an Indian Business Corporation and its main function is now to market Venkys. We have owners who have no background in football, a manager who is wet behind the ears and and an experienced chairman and chief executive who both seem to have been sidelined. It is little wonder that the supporters are becoming just as disillusioned as the players. Three weeks ago we were sitting fairly comfortably in midtable and challenging for a top ten place. Today we are in a relegation battle. All because Mrs Desai, whose seen a couple of matches on TV, decides that she knows more about the game than John Williams and opts to sack the manager and promote the untried number three to the top job. You really couldn't make it up!

Sadly, those feeding information back to Mrs Desai about Sam failed to mention that he was able to motivate a team into getting results in the matches that needed to be won. If Kean fails to achieve results over the next few weeks what does Mrs. Desai do? She has staked her reputation on Kean and if he fails then, ultimately, it is a failure of her management and decision making.

Excellent post this is.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-boss-Steve-Kean-sympathises-with-angry-fans-after-2-0-home-loss-to-Stoke-article657787.html

Steve Kean view about the angry fans

How many people was in the car park protest about venkys running of the club??? anyone know or involved in the protest?

:lol:

Ha yeah, and if we could find someone better than him as well, then someone better than him, then s........?

The realists on here knew that to get someone better than Allardyce, for the club Rovers are, was nigh impossible.

Wrong owners, wrong sacking, wrong managerial replacement, wrong time.

I did'nt say better Den, for what Sam has achieved on the budget he had was amazing, but when Venky's said they wanted to see good football for me the writing was on the wall.

If the owners want to see the entertaining football they desire they have to employ a GOOD manager and give him a very good transfer budget around 10-20 mill mark, if they want to do things on the cheap then they just sacked the best man in football for that and it's on their own heads.

We are all Rovers fans here and we all want the same thing for our club Den, But looking to the past is'nt the best way forward.

Our club is in their hands they either pony up some dough and back up their statements or.......well there is no or.

Just heard the interview post match, "show faith and stick together" that is not good.

I saw a few glimpses of Kean's vision for the outfield squad this afternoon and it looked promising IMO.

Two items need adressing ASAP:

1 - Givet, has to either go in January or be dropped for a while.

2 - A good qality midfielder needs bringing in.

It's going to take some time to implement a good playing ethos back into the squad afer two years of hit and hope.

Won 1 Drew 3

6 out of 12.

Still doesn't fit the "We were beating teams like Stoke and West Ham under Allardyce" comments.

Sam has gone, he wasn't the messiah, he was a naughty boy who venkys couldn't trust to spend their money due to him wasting whatever money he did get.

Though employing kean isn't the answer

• Backroom

I hate to admit it.

We are in huge trouble.

I wasn't a huge fan of his style but the fact is they got rid of a competent at worst but ugly manager without a plan, the latter being a lot worse than the former.

Won 1 Drew 3

6 out of 12.

Still doesn't fit the "We were beating teams like Stoke and West Ham under Allardyce" comments.

Sam has gone, he wasn't the messiah, he was a naughty boy who venkys couldn't trust to spend their money due to him wasting whatever money he did get.

Though employing kean isn't the answer

no $$$$!

Just watched highlights on MOTD (I've no idea why!!). Didn't have many shots on goal did we?

Stoke should've had more than the 2 really, but Robbo made two very good saves and Ethrington ridiculously missed that chance.

:(

Archived