BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

Stoke fans taking the pish singing about Allardyce....I just didn't know whether to laugh or f'kin cry.

You couldn't have dreamt up this horrible scenario unfolding at our club right now.Its breaking my balls to witness this mess we have been thrown into....I just feel helpless as a supporter right now.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, the main problem today was our TOTAL lack of central midfield quality. We did not field a single player capable of playing there, and we desperately need to improve that area.

Charlie Adam and N'Zonzi in there would allow me to criticize other areas, as I do feel that our weak midfield creates an impossible situation for the rest of the team.

A few pointers though... HOILETT needs to play from the off. He didn't set the world alight when coming on, but he is far quicker and more lively than anyone in our current team. I think OLSSON did okay today, we desperately need his attacking runs. KALINIC did well too under the circumstances. ROBBO continues being awesome, a rock. Thought Emerton was poor today, probably twice as good as Dunn though - what has he been eating? :(

This match reminds me of Rovers under Paul Ince, but to Steve Kean's defense - we didn't have any game changing possibilities from the bench today. No midfielders, no big strikers. Surprised that Benjani didn't come on, but fairly happy to be honest.. not good enough.

Bring on January.

Robinson

Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

Hoilett, Charlie Adam, Gamst Pedersen, Olsson

Cardozo, Kalinic

Off to Cape Town for two weeks, happy to 'lose out on' the next three games on the telly.

and a happy new year.....

Honestly, the main problem today was our TOTAL lack of central midfield quality. We did not field a single player capable of playing there, and we desperately need to improve that area.

100% correct Herberggeehh.

Sobering to think that so many people thought this squad was capable of playing much better football than they were, and the lack of quality in the play was all down to Allardyce's tactics. Truth is, without someone as capable as Sam at getting results from a poor squad, we're stuffed good and proper.

100% correct Herberggeehh.

Sobering to think that so many people thought this squad was capable of playing much better football than they were, and the lack of quality in the play was all down to Allardyce's tactics. Truth is, without someone as capable as Sam at getting results from a poor squad, we're stuffed good and proper.

crap midfield, solution long ball and bypass the useless sods. ffs wait until we get better players mr kean asking our midfield to do the basics is too much to ask against run of the mill average opposition.

• Backroom

Mark, You got what you wanted. Can't start moaning now!

There is an old saying in life, Be care what you wish for in life???

No there isn't! You just made that saying up.

And I never remember Mark saying he wanted Sam sacked and replaced by Kean. If we had sacked Sam and actually appointed a manager we were potentially better off.

Charlie Adam and N'Zonzi in there would allow me to criticize other areas, as I do feel that our weak midfield creates an impossible situation for the rest of the team.

A few pointers though... HOILETT needs to play from the off. He didn't set the world alight when coming on, but he is far quicker and more lively than anyone in our current team. I think OLSSON did okay today, we desperately need his attacking runs. KALINIC did well too under the circumstances. ROBBO continues being awesome, a rock. Thought Emerton was poor today, probably twice as good as Dunn though - what has he been eating? :(

This match reminds me of Rovers under Paul Ince, but to Steve Kean's defense - we didn't have any game changing possibilities from the bench today. No midfielders, no big strikers. Surprised that Benjani didn't come on, but fairly happy to be honest.. not good enough.

Bring on January.

Robinson

Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet

Hoilett, Charlie Adam, Gamst Pedersen, Olsson

Cardozo, Kalinic

Off to Cape Town for two weeks, happy to 'lose out on' the next three games on the telly.

and a happy new year.....

Exactly what I was thinking after the game today. Totally disjointed and confused performance, Olsson, Salgado and Robinson are the only ones who can come out with credit today.

Three key injuries have come at a really bad time as well not to mention the decision to remove the ex manager. Phil Jones has been a key player in midfield this season and the only midfielder who puts a proper tackle in. We need N'Zonzi to get back but we need somebody next to him who can get box to box and can see a decent pass, not an easy find these days.

Got to say I'm dreading the rest of this season.

A lot of posters on here are talking about a relegation "fight/battle".

I don't see where the "fight" is going to come from.

Clueless owners?

An out of his depth manager?

Disorganised, disspirited players?

An emasculated, demoralised chairman?

An angry, mutinous crowd?

This is right back there with the Brian Kidd days except this time it isn't only the players in the infamous rubber dinghy.

To be fair the midfield problem has been an issue ever since Savage, Reid and Dunn all got injured years ago.

Every single midfield signing since then has been average at best and none have been capable of dictating a game or bossing the other team's midfield. It's no surprise that Allardyce's football covered over the cracks of having a poor, sterile midfield for so long, and equally no surprise that as soon as Allardyce goes, the cracks are horribly exposed.

January's priority must surely be a decent combative midfielder and a creative one who can actually pass. Oh and a striker too please!

My patronising manner? When you were the one asking me what sport was being played? :lol: Your posts are embarassing for the absolute cack contained within them, as I'm about to demonstrate further. It's hard not to be patronising when stating the obvious.

Try going to a game once in a while, and stop listening to sky sports news, you’ve about as much credibility as Paul Merson, your mentor no doubt!

Was an Anti Venkys sit in protest at end of game, before police moved in. A banner in the Riverside read 'Thank you Big Sam' and one was saying: 'Santa's Naughty List - Venkys', all at the end of the game.

Try going to a game once in a while, and stop listening to sky sports news, you’ve about as much credibility as Paul Merson, your mentor no doubt!

Are you stalking me?

I don't live around Blackburn and work a fair few weekends so can only go to a game every so often.

Try arguing with the rest of my post - oh no, that's right, you can't because you were one of the minority idiots on here celebrating after Sam was sacked, and this is what's unfolding now.

I don't really watch SSN.

No there isn't! You just made that saying up.

And I never remember Mark saying he wanted Sam sacked and replaced by Kean. If we had sacked Sam and actually appointed a manager we were potentially better off.

Spot on, I'm bored to tears of reading post's relating our present position and Sams sacking, If, like TCO said we had appointed a good manager a few days after the sacking of Sam and given him around 10 million in the window we may well have been climbing up the league and playing some better stuff.

I think the majority of people even those who did'nt like Sam would have given him till the end of the season and the decision to sack him at this stage of the season was stupid, but for the love of god stop going on about it, Sam has gone, he is history and isnt coming back, so why do people feel the need to try to score points with I told you so statements.

As it is we have owners that are complete idiots and do not know the slightest thing about football and every decision or interview they have given has been worse than pathetic, not too mention they are getting advice from agents, this is the problem and the sacking of Sam was just the start of it.

Just got back from the match and am very disappointed at the behaviour of a minority on the BBE today:

Shouting for "Venkys out" - they've only been here a month, give them a chance for heavens sake. They've committed to our being a spending club again for the first time in over 5 years and made a significant investment in buying the club. What's more they have a clear vision for taking the club to a bigger stage - something we desperately need if we are to survive at this level

Calling for the return of Sam - not gonna happen, get used to it and get behind the new man and the team. The whys and wherefores have been debated but aren't going to change so lets get used to it

Singing "Theres only one Jack Walker" as some form of protest - there is only one JW but unfortunately that is now part of our history and has been for some years as has his investment in the club - look forward not back

Claiming "We want our Rovers back" - what, the one that had no money and could only hope for survival by boring us to death in the process? No, thank you

All this wailing and weeping seems premature to me - let's see what happens in the transfer window and during January in terms of results before we all start jumping to conclusions

My only concern is that Kean does not try to change things too quickly and is not able to attract the creative midfielder we so obviously need or the striker to bag us 20 goals a season. I saw hope today in the second half that we may even become a footballing side again - let's hope it is not too quick a change and that he is sufficiently pragmatic to "take it one step at a time"

Also, some of the hatred on screwed up faces on the BBE today made me wonder if the reaction would be the same if Venkys had white faces. It can't simply be footballing matters alone that causes such a violent response as we've only had two games and nobody can surely jump to conclusions on that basis - maybe after 12 matches but not 2.

Finally, did anybody die as a result of today's game? Were nations cast into war? Was there widespread pestilence? No - thought not. It is a game of football not a matter of life and death and I worry that some of us attach so much significance to it that we express some pretty nasty sentiments and extreme feelings that are way out of proportion.

Merry Christmas everybody - health and prosperity to all, both of which are of much greater significance than getting beat 2-0 by Stoke City

Didn't see the game so won't comment on the performance. The situation is very worrying and I feel bad about criticising Steve Kean. He's been put in a terrible situation. That was his 2nd game as a manager - it was Tony Pulis's 770th!!!! Every manager has to start somewhere but why did it have to be with us and at this time? What can we do as life-long Rovers supporters? Get out the prayer mats for a start..

After all the utter turmoil our club has been thrown into and someone HAS to come out with that statement.

K'in roll on! :rolleyes:

I agree 'SIMON GARNERS 194'.

A very poor statement indeed.

These are the same fans who made Benni McCarthy a hero for several years.

I cannot remember ONE Rovers player ever being racially abused by his own fans.

Archived