BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

###### Off Venkys, ###### off Desai, you muppets, thanks for totally destroying a fairly good solid side, who would have won this last 2 homes games under Allerdyce, at the least 4 points. I cant see us getting a win at the moment, awful, and a disgrace. I dont blame the players for this performance, or Steve Kean. Its those muppets from India who we should be blaming, thanks to them we have gone from a good mid table team to relegation fodder. The only thing that might save us is the fact the likes of Fulham and Wolves are even worse than us as the moment. The muppets are going to have release some considerable funds if we are to get out of this hole we are in.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Steve Kean actually thought it through, he'd have realised taking this management job was the worst possible thing he could do.

If he wanted to be manager he couldve taken a far easier proposition than this, albeit in a lower league and have worked his way up.

But taking charge of a club in crisis with a pretty poor squad - this was always more than likely to end in one way.

And with no real playing career to speak of to boost his name, I'd say it's very likely he'll do any future management aspirations a lot more harm than good.

True. Perhaps he needs to get a new agent? I've heard some bad things about his current one...

Fair enough. We were murdered pretty often against everyone else though.

Bullshit, we were unbeaten against the top 4 at home last season. Our performances against Chelsea away and Arsenal at home this season weren't that bad either. We had some shockers, but we still had a good record with an average team.

• Backroom

On the plus side, hopefully these two games have shown Venky's that our "beautiful" players aren't anywhere near as good as they believed. I just hope for our sakes they have the money to buy some new ones.

Fair enough. We were murdered pretty often against everyone else though.

Not at home. Even against the top sides we were doing pretty well at home towards the end of his reign.

And overall you can only look at his league record. 11th in the league for 08-09 if you start the league table when Ince was sacked, 10th in the league last season and a pretty similar position this time round.

Much is said about our away record which was pretty poor, but last season we were still 13th in the league on away record alone and this season we were 13th again.

On the plus side, hopefully these two games have shown Venky's that our "beautiful" players aren't anywhere near as good as they believed. I just hope for our sakes they have the money to buy some new ones.

I honestly don't think anything would hit home to them. It's like they live in a bubble. Good luck to Steve Kean in explaining this result away to them as I sure as hell couldn't when they know f*** all about football. Then again maybe Mrs Desai's brother could help her out, you know, the expert.

and you don't sack an excellent manager and replace him with a unexperience first team coach

I honestly don't think anything would hit home to them. It's like they live in a Bubble. Good luck to Steve Kean in explaining this result away to them as I sure as hell couldn't.

They won't care. Much fewer people wouldve been watching this than our 7-1 loss away to Man Utd so it brings less shame on their chicken brand.

Bullshit, we were unbeaten against the top 4 at home last season. Our performances against Chelsea away and Arsenal at home this season weren't that bad either. We had some shockers, but we still had a good record with an average team.

In any case my original point was that our current crop of players (with the obvious exceptions) is so poor that unpleasant results against equally average opposition were not totally out of the question under Allardyce. Stoke in particular play football that is almost as ugly as ours but it is light years ahead in terms of effectiveness. This is a dreadful result and similar ones will continue to occur unless serious managerial and player investment takes place very soon.

In any case my original point was that our current crop of players (with the obvious exceptions) is so poor that unpleasant results against equally average opposition were not totally out of the question under Allardyce. Stoke in particular play football that is almost as ugly as ours but it is light years ahead in terms of effectiveness. This is a dreadful result and similar ones will continue to occur unless serious managerial and player investment takes place very soon.

Why did we finish ahead of them last season then?

Why were we ahead of them this season before Sam got sacked?

Lose the next game and the club is in trouble.

Confidence is at an all time low and I cant see how Kean could pick them up. I see the ineptness of the Ince days coming back. Sam was a plaster that covered the cracks of having a poor squad of players.

Can you see 7 wins from the remaining games? That's almost a 1 in 2 winning streak (including the Big 4, Spurs & Man City).

It's THEIR club. We are supporters, they just put up £43 million to buy it...pretty sure that makes it theirs.

Give me an entertaining 14th over a route-one 10th any day of the week.

If its as easy as reserving a spot, I have dibs on 1st.

Back to seriousness, this was just one game. Any manager deserves at least three before he faces the guillotine. So WBA away and lets see how it plays out.

Lose the next game and Kean is in some serious trouble. West Brom next and they should destroy that midfield that we put out today by winning the ball and passing us to death.

West Brom's players are capable of passing the ball to one another. Don't be putting any big money on a Rovers victory.

Even if there is money to spend in the transfer window, who is going to want to come play for us, with a nobody manager in charge, who is not likely to get the job long term at this rate. How are we going to attract the right sort of players who are going to be any better than the current crop? There is no stability, no realistic long term plans in place, who's going to come play for a manager who isnt even going to be incharge next season. The fans, the players and all the backroom staff have seriously been ###### over by the headless chickens, who have made our well liked and respected club an absolute laughing stock. Something has to be done soon, otherwise we will be down, and Venkys will (Please don't use that word again) off leaving us in financial turmoil. I always try to remain positive when it comes to Rovers, but I really cant at the moment. I like many others didnt really like Allerdyce that much, but he did a good job for us, and I was happy for him to stay in charge, I cant believe after all the careful thought and consideration that has suppposed to have gone on trying to get the right people to buy the club, we have sold out to an absolute set of muppets. All I can say is good luck to them if they show their faces at Ewood Park any time soon, there not welcome there.

Archived