BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

You have to wonder, would we have lost this game with Allardyce in charge?

For me, the answer is definately no.

Therefore unless we are working towards a complete sea change in style of play and personnel, then it was a disastrous decision to replace him.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you will find if you read the poll results and enough posts that plenty of us were never anti-Sam and dare I say a majority disagreed with the sacking of him, at least at this stage of the season.

What part of the past two weeks has honestly made you the happiest? February 1st is all well and good but our fate might well have been sealed by then.

And how exactly is Steve Kean the guy to entice players to come join him in a relegation battle in the January window anyway?

Nothing, where did I say I was happy? I was merely commenting on the constant Anti Sam comments after EVERY defeat.

Why dont we wait and see what Kean does? Do you think Desai is going to fire him? Exactly. Fate will not be sealed by February, the table is so tight that even the club in last position will be in a position to finish above the relegation zone.

The players are not exempt. But considering the last 10 days, the blame is firmly at the door of the owners. Steve Kean has the responsibility of sorting the players out and he seems incapable. I dont care if its 1 match, 2 matches or 100 matches. You can tell the players look clueless and that is something which emanates from the bench. Our management looks clueless too right now. Coaching and managing are two different worlds.

the timing of the sacking of sam seemed so FIXED as to allow Kean 2 on paper p1ss easy home games to get his feet under the table,ffs

Don't buy that for a second. We'd never have sacked him if we'd have won at Bolton as we'd have been seventh. West Ham and Stoke are not easy home games. We would not have been guaranteed or even likely in my view to have six points were he still in charge.

Though we'd likely have had more than 1 of course.

Like most people, I was willing to give Kean a proper game at least before completely writing him off and that was today. I can't say I was filled with confidence and that's disappointing but it's all too easy to be wise after the event. The real criminals of the piece are the owners for the ridiculous timing of their gamble.

I don't even think he'll be here in three games time.

To be fair didn't nicko say that Kentaro recommended Sam be kept in charge till the end of the season?

I can't imagine anyone remotely involved with football would have been responsible for the actions at Ewood recently.

To me it's pretty obvious that there must have been negative whispers in Venky's ears regarding Big Sam which led to his sacking (as suggested by the man himself).

The whole thing is crazy - the fact SEM's own client now manages the team does not seem right to me.

Of course, if Steve Kean turns out to be a decent manager, fair play - my main problem is what are we basing this hunch on, and the fact it is so, so risky.

Well that was a joke of a performance and I am gutted. We are in serious danger now. 1 point from home games against West Ham and Stoke is NOT acceptable. Just confirms what a ridiculous and ill timed decision it was to sack Sam. He would have got us points from West Ham, Stoke and West Brom in what should have been a relatively easy month for us but its hard to see where we are gonna get points from and who is going to create and score goals. We may have money to spend in january but, honestly, why would anyone want to come to us? Why get on a sinking ship?

Kean's tactics and formation just did not work today. As many others are saying, why 5 at the back at home?!?!! Then our most lively player comes off the bench which begs the question why didn't he start? And why make only 1 change? At least chuck on Benjani for a defender/midfielder for the last 5mins whilst we are pumping balls into the box in the hope that something sticks. I really don't enjoy saying this but Dunn cannot start games anymore, unless he suddenly loses a few pounds, gets fit properly and finds his creative spark and desire again. Unfortunately I can't see that happening. Yes, the injuries didn't help but we have made do without Grella, Nzonzi and Andrews for ages now, we shouldn't need Roberts (4th choice at start of season) so only Samba and Jones were really missing. I still feel we should be beating Stoke at home.

We really need a number of class players in jan but it will be our usual transfer window struggle I suspect. A new quality manager who knows what he is doing and how to get the best out of this squad wouldn't go amiss either seeing as we have just got rid of one who did. Oh well, at least Kean will talk a good game this evening... Thanks Venkys, really appreciate all you have done for this club so far... -_-:angry:

P.S. I don't know how anyone can want rid of Kalinic after that game. He was one of the few that put in effort and actually looked like he wanted to do something with the ball. It may not have come off today but I still have a good feeling about him. The worst players today IMO were Dunn, Peds, Emerton and Givet.

How did "the greatness of Sam" do the last time we played Stoke? With a lot more available players as well.

Barely relevant.

Individual results can happen. But you look at the type of game.

Last season we drew at home to Chelsea or Arsenal under Sam. This season we lost at home to them. No big shock, since it's the type of teams that is the main thing and a club like ours will always struggle against top teams. That's acceptable.

However under "the greatness of Sam", we never lost at home to a bottom half side, and since the start of last season we'd played 15 won 11 and drawn 4.

Under Steve Kean we've drawn against the bottom side and now lost our first home game against a lower half side since the Ince days.

It's not too late to admit you're were wrong, but if you keep on trying to defend the indefensible you'll start to make yourself look very silly indeed.

Thats what you call giving a bloke a chance. Kean has had TWO matches, probably about a weeks worth of training sessions with the players and is missing SEVEN first 11 players but people are asking for his head already... come on guys at least give him 3 games...FFS.

Didn't we escape relegation that one time with no recognisable forward available and a decimated midfield?

To me it's pretty obvious that there must have been negative whispers in Venky's ears regarding Big Sam which led to his sacking (as suggested by the man himself).

The whole thing is crazy - the fact SEM's own client now manages the team does not seem right to me.

Of course, if Steve Kean turns out to be a decent manager, fair play - my main problem is what are we basing this hunch on, and the fact it is so, so risky.

John how long have you watched football?

Do you think Steve Kean is going to get the players out of a slump?

Are you willing to bet on it?

Tactically we are all over the place, but most of all Kean seems clueless on the bench, and the players seem leaderless. Those are things which you have to either have or not have, and its there from day one. On top of everything, Kean has to manage a crisis, and its not like he has taken over under normal circumstances.

Don't buy that for a second. We'd never have sacked him if we'd have won at Bolton as we'd have been seventh. West Ham and Stoke are not easy home games. We would not have been guaranteed or even likely in my view to have six points were he still in charge.

Though we'd likely have had more than 1 of course.

Like most people, I was willing to give Kean a proper game at least before completely writing him off and that was today. I can't say I was filled with confidence and that's disappointing but it's all too easy to be wise after the event. The real criminals of the piece are the owners for the ridiculous timing of their gamble.

I don't even think he'll be here in three games time.

If you actually believe Sam was sacked for any other reason than Venky's wanting their own man in then you're fooling yourself. Even the whole story of being embarassed after the United result is ridiculous (not to mention denied by JW).

A lot of companies rarely promote from within due to the workers not respecting them when they get promoted, this seems to be the problem here, ok the players are'nt the best players but they are capable of way better than that and they certainly are'nt running their tripe out to prove a point.

Whatever football Sam served up really does'nt matter, the main problem is that Sam had an aura about him, an arrogant self belief with an air of authority which I just dont feel with Kean, and I dont think the players do either, you have to fire them up over Christmas and they did'nt look like they had a spark between them. I feel it may be very hard for Kean to be promoted from within and fill Sams shoes.

I was certainly no lover of Sam but under him you got the feeling the club was safe, at the moment we are in trouble and look no better than than any team under us and I dont see where the goals are going to come from.

John how long have you watched football?

Do you think Steve Kean is going to get the players out of a slump?

Are you willing to bet on it?

Tactically we are all over the place, but most of all Kean seems clueless on the bench, and the players seem leaderless. Those are things which you have to either have or not have, and its there from day one. On top of everything, Kean has to manage a crisis, and its not like he has taken over under normal circumstances.

No I would not bet on it - you never know though, he may be able to pick up some results - I just cannot believe we have ourselves in this situation. As I said, very risky and worrying times.

Like Ince, however, I would recommend he goes to a tailor for his suit....

The only difference between that performance and your typical Allardyce game is that Pedersen's free kicks have been better this season.

At least we're trying to play football now. Get a central midfielder that comes short for the ball and can pass it and we could be in business. At least Kean has recognised that Kalinic needs a strike partner.

I thought the sacking after the Bolton game was ridiculous timing as well. The players were clearly disappointed and angry at losing a game that we had come out on top in, but before they could even get over that disappointment, their manager gets sacked and the club is thrown into a shroud of confusion and uncertainty. I can't believe the position we find ourselves in right now... prior to the Bolton game I was filled with confidence and excitement about our club and this season. Now I'm just filled with horror.

Barely relevant.

Last season we drew at home to Chelsea or Arsenal under Sam. This season we lost at home to them. No big shock, since it's the type of teams that is the main thing and a club like ours will always struggle against top teams. That's acceptable.

However under "the greatness of Sam", we never lost at home to a bottom half side, and since the start of last season we'd played 15 won 11 and drawn 4.

Under Steve Kean we've drawn against the bottom side and now lost our first home game against a lower half side since the Ince days.

It's not too late to admit you're were wrong, but if you keep on trying to defend the indefensible you'll start to make yourself look very silly indeed.

You are right Tony, I am sorry for daring to convey an opinion as obviously I forget the point of the argument is about who is right and wrong, as it's your club why don't you invest 43 million in the club and then hire Sam?

The only difference between that performance and your typical Allardyce game is that Pedersen's free kicks have been better this season.

At least we're trying to play football now. Get a central midfielder that comes short for the ball and can pass it and we could be in business. At least Kean has recognised that Kalinic needs a strike partner.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are not for real.

What he's drinking please bartender.

Just got back. Another limp performance. Best players by a mile were Olsson and Niko. Everyone else was average, except Dunny who looks either way short of fitness or just plain finished at this level, and Pedersen who just looked out of his depth - I think he passed to more Stoke players than Rovers.

Biggest problem though is the manager - or the lack of one. I don't have an issue with sacking Sam, but to sack him with no equal or better replacement lined up is plain madness. Kean seemed to have no idea how to get us back into the game today.

Fuethermore, I just can't see any decent quality players wanting to come to Rovers to play for a no-mark like Kean, and the background circus just exacerbates the negativity round the club and surely makes it less attractive to players.

Trust Rovers to spoil Christmas. :(

Barely relevant.

So "individual results can happen"? Like a draw against West Ham and a loss against Stoke you mean? Not only are you trying to be condescending, you also use a self defeating argument. Well done.

And really, I'm not sticking my head in the sand. These are worrying results indeed, and the situation the owners have put the club in is regrettable. But, making Sam Allardyce the Messiah and saying "He would have won these games!" when he's had disastrous results against both Stoke and West Ham for more than one season just strikes me as silly.

Archived