BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is spoiling my day. Even Burnley are winning away. Yes, we will be in different leagues next year and they will be above us!

The folly of Venkys, the greatness of Sam.

If supporters don't think we have a crisis then it's time to smell the coffee.

To look at the decision purely in the short-term isn't particularly smart. Going to have to wait and see what we do in the window and what our situation is at the end of the season.

Hardly a cracking start though is it? Been poorer in this and the previous match than we have been for a while.

I thought a new Manager usually ensured a Honeymoon period?

To look at the decision purely in the short-term isn't particularly smart. Going to have to wait and see what we do in the window and what our situation is at the end of the season.

They could've waited and seen what would happen with Sam in the window and then at the end of the season.

Just got back home, checked out the score and I wasn’t surprised as Stoke clearly are a superior team.

I don't know what people expect; when you look at that midfield it is so bloody awful you deserve to get beat. The sooner the likes of Pedersen and Dunny are out of the team the better. Take away Pedersen's set pieces and then look at his contribution as a central midfielder and it’s clear he just isn't good enough, not in a million years. On the evidence so far this season Dunny is finished at this level, his legs have completely gone and having him in the team is a liability.

The start could have been better, but the test will really be after he's been able to bring in some new players and had a bit of time in training to change the philosophy. Not easy to get the same group of players to completely change their playing style in only a fortnight.

They could've waited and seen what would happen with Sam in the window and then at the end of the season.

Why? It's their money and if they don't trust him why should they get out the cheque book? I want them to put money into the club, if that meant that they had to get rid of Sam then they had to.

Just got back home, checked out the score and I wasn’t surprised as Stoke clearly are a superior team.

I don't know what people expect; when you look at that midfield it is so bloody awful you deserve to get beat. The sooner the likes of Pedersen and Dunny are out of the team the better. Take away Pedersen's set pieces and then look at his contribution as a central midfielder and it’s clear he just isn't good enough, not in a million years. On the evidence so far this season Dunny is finished at this level, his legs have completely gone and having him in the team is a liability.

You're not surprised?

This would be the first time we've lost at home to a bottom half side since the days of Paul Ince.

Yes the players are poor but the manager is the key difference here.

Hardly a cracking start though is it? Been poorer in this and the previous match than we have been for a while.

I thought a new Manager usually ensured a Honeymoon period?

When the ball is in the air, it covers a multitude of sins on the ground. Must be a real pressure having to pass a ball with regular monotony.

The start could have been better, but the test will really be after he's been able to bring in some new players and had a bit of time in training to change the philosophy. Not easy to get the same group of players to completely change their playing style in only a fortnight.

Playing style? Our style at home has been winning us footballmatches. Seems to have changed rather quick.

This home and away nonsense. Only a few weeks ago we were terrible against Stoke and lost 1-0. I don't care if that is home or away, it's still football on a pitch of roughly the same size. Our style was dreadfully boring. Football is supposed to be ENTERTAINING. At the moment it is no better, but it will take time to change that and Allardyce clearly had no interest in doing that.

Hoilett has looked good since he has come on.

Fair enough but to replace him with Kean or anybody with such little experience is still a joke.

Again...we don't really know. I don't like it as it was clearly not their first choice, but the guy might turn out to be a really good manager. He's been in the game for long enough, worked at some good clubs. At some point you need your first break.

We are currently missing Jones, Samba, Roberts, Andrews, Grella and Nzonzi, out of which FOUR are central midfield players, it is tough at the moment but we have to give Kean a chance, moaning in his SECOND game is too early.

Fair enough but to replace him with Kean or anybody with such little experience is still a joke.

Bit early to call Kean a joke tbh, look at the guys achievements so far, he deserved a crack, needs a few more games before we can judge him.

Yes we've been poor today but is that the managers fault or the players!?

Who else were we going to get in Martin Jol is the only name i think who'd come and be an improvement.

Archived