BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

You have to wonder, would we have lost this game with Allardyce in charge?

For me, the answer is definately no.

Therefore unless we are working towards a complete sea change in style of play and personnel, then it was a disastrous decision to replace him.

in my opinion we wouldnt have lost this game - and we wouldnt of drawn against west ham ...i believe we would of had 6 points ...

sam allardyce often got called by rovers fans - but i hope your all looking at yourselfs now and realise we are currently a shambles ..steve kean might be highly rated but sam allardyce got results - he was sacked unfairly ...we are turning into a badly run club which saddens me

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are so bad away that only taking 1pt from these 2 home games has killed us, don't care whats said about kean having the season anymore pts dropped at home in the next 2 weeks and i can see us getting another man in before jans out.

That's the problem with having money to spend. Prospective Players can see an inexperienced manager,erratic owners and a losing and dispirited team. Not the perfect recipe for attracting new talent.

You have to wonder, would we have lost this game with Allardyce in charge?

For me, the answer is definately no.

Therefore unless we are working towards a complete sea change in style of play and personnel, then it was a disastrous decision to replace him.

Not sure I agree with that. Stoke have managed on the whole to cope with our inferior copy of their style of play in the past pretty well whilst under Sam.

Stoke have spent some serious money on this team of and more importantly players that fit their system perfectly, on their day they can trouble anyone in this league.

• Backroom

I hope all those who so desperately wanted Allardyce out are watching what's happening today.

Without Allardyce this is a team heading for relegation, absolutely no question about it. Allardyce took a very poor team, got them playing a style that played to their few strengths, and made us a good unit. Without him, the team is back to being relegation fodder.

Unless we buy big in January we're in deep, deep trouble.

Alarm bells ringing now for anybody?

No it's ok we rarely beat Stoke :wacko:

Players look clueless, manager looks clueless and football is worse than what it was under Sam.

You can put whatever positive outlook you like on it, but we should have had at least 4 points from those games and we should not get beat in that manner at home.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Have to say I don't think Kean is to blame here. It's fairly obvious that, despite good intentions from the owners, the appalling PR off the pitch is causing the most damage. Psychologically, everyone is on a downer. Kean will no doubt take the blame and will be lucky to stay on as manager until the end of January at this rate.

Watch out for the emergency appointment of Jol or Maradona in the next few weeks.

Good point, I don't think anyone here really blames Kean though. He might have the potential to be a great manager one day, and it'd be a heartwarming story if it happened, but this is not the situation to try it in and it's definitely not worth gambling our Premier League status over.

At least Dunn won't start against WBA next. We can't afford to have him and MGP together in a midfield three. Why was EH Diouf on the bench? Easily been one of our best performers this season.

Change came too late, and we should have made at least one more. Deserved nothing from this game unfortunately, looking forward to some January signings or the final half of this season is looking bleak.

Have to say I don't think Kean is to blame here. It's fairly obvious that, despite good intentions from the owners, the appalling PR off the pitch is causing the most damage. Psychologically, everyone is on a downer. Kean will no doubt take the blame and will be lucky to stay on as manager until the end of January at this rate.

Watch out for the emergency appointment of Jol or Maradona in the next few weeks.

would'nt be suprised to see Brian Connolly hit Kean over the head with a mallet shouting "its a puppet". No way we come out of these last games with 1pt with sam in charge what a nonesense way to try and play with the garbage we employ.

If any FREAKING person comes on this board and sings about Kean's TALKING skills, or Venkys talking a good game, or Sam not doing well, or long balls, I will go mental.

RUBBISH.

You need a manager to manage. Steve Kean isnt one.

The Indians have done our club in 10 days.

Players were lost all game. We didnt deserve to be on the pitch with Stoke.

I dont give a damn if Venkys spend 20 million pounds in January. They copped it. They dont know what to do.

We need a proper manager.

Id take the Trust over these tools any day of the week.

I cant wait for the propaganda minister to start blabbering again.

We're a dreadful side regardless of who is in charge. Sam added experience and stability yes but results like this were always lurking round the corner given the dearth of playing talent. Shocking.

Don't worry, we just need to think positive and we will be fine like Mrs Desai said.

5th a distinct possibility with this current crop of players.

Good point, I don't think anyone here really blames Kean though. He might have the potential to be a great manager one day, and it'd be a heartwarming story if it happened, but this is not the situation to try it in and it's definitely not worth gambling our Premier League status over.

If Steve Kean actually thought it through, he'd have realised taking this management job was the worst possible thing he could do.

If he wanted to be manager he couldve taken a far easier proposition than this, albeit in a lower league and have worked his way up.

But taking charge of a club in crisis with a pretty poor squad - this was always more than likely to end in one way.

And with no real playing career to speak of to boost his name, I'd say it's very likely he'll do any future management aspirations a lot more harm than good.

Anyone who thinks this is in any way acceptable is absolutely kidding themselves. This is a complete mockery of our club, our values and our intelligence.

You sack a manager because you want to bring your own man in - fine. If that man gets a measly 1 point out of 6 at home against fairly average opposition then that is simply unacceptable.

Why play a 5-3-2 at home when we have never employed that system and only employed a 5-4-1 in our AWAY games? Why stick to that system even when a goal down and not make any changes except for one. Mame Diouf and Kalinic were useless all game. The midfield was in disarray. The only players to come out with any sort of dignity from this are Robinson, Olsson and Salgado.

People want us to sell Samba? Wake up please, we are relegation fodder without him in the side.

Just yesterday Pedersen was everyone's darling, now he's the villain again.

The tactics we employed and the formation and the lack of changes when things weren't working proved our undoing. Sacking Sam and destabilising the playing staff was the worst mistake our owners could've done and yet they did it. Let's see what they do in January...

Why sack the man with a vision and a plan and appoint a man with no vision or plan?

Dunn looks like he ate the same amount of food ive eaten for the whole christmas period five minutes before kickoff.

Nelsen looks ten years older than what he did when Sam managed.

Gamst looks like himself again.

Robinson still looks like the best english goalie.

Mame and Nicko looks like they cant stand each other and didnt work together at all.

Don't worry, we just need to think positive and we will be fine like Mrs Desai said.

5th a distinct possibility with this current crop of players.

can't wait for the spin that will have been fed to kean for the post match interview.......prepared already for blood to boil whilst watching.

Archived