BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? It's their money and if they don't trust him why should they get out the cheque book? I want them to put money into the club, if that meant that they had to get rid of Sam then they had to.

What are you on about?

"If they don't trust him" - what is that even based on? The in depth knowledge of the Raos? Mrs Desai, who previously had never seen a football match before she bought our club? Hell even Kentaro who've taken a bit of a shellacking on here asked Venky's to keep Sam on til the end of the season, according to Nicko.

It might be their money but it's OUR club.

Sam's signings for Rovers have been mixed but he's had numerous very good signings through his career; Anelka, Okocha, Campo, Habib Beye, Jose Enriqué, Stephen N'Zonzi, Gael Givet...

There is no way you can defend what Venky's did.

We are currently missing Jones, Samba, Roberts, Andrews, Grella and Nzonzi, out of which FOUR are central midfield players, it is tough at the moment but we have to give Kean a chance, moaning in his SECOND game is too early.

Three of those players haven't played in months...

Again...we don't really know. I don't like it as it was clearly not their first choice, but the guy might turn out to be a really good manager. He's been in the game for long enough, worked at some good clubs. At some point you need your first break.

...which is the kind of thinking which led us to appoint Ince.

Actually, what am I on about, even he had managed before.

"Some point" doesn't mean in the Premier League, with a squad which had been punching above their weight thanks to the previous manager's experience.

Three of those players haven't played in months...

And we have lost THREE in the last week, how strong is our squad? Not strong enough to lose SEVEN first team players, expecially in central midfield which has been our weakest area for a few years now.

What are you on about?

"If they don't trust him" - what is that even based on? The in depth knowledge of the Raos? Mrs Desai, who previously had never seen a football match before she bought our club? Hell even Kentaro who've taken a bit of a shellacking on here asked Venky's to keep Sam on til the end of the season, according to Nicko.

It might be their money but it's OUR club.

Sam's signings for Rovers have been mixed but he's had numerous very good signings through his career; Anelka, Okocha, Campo, Habib Beye, Jose Enriqué, Stephen N'Zonzi, Gael Givet...

There is no way you can defend what Venky's did.

It's THEIR club. We are supporters, they just put up £43 million to buy it...pretty sure that makes it theirs.

If you look back at his career he has mostly failed when given money. The only good big money signing he has come up with has been Anelka. Look at what he did in only a short time at Newcastle.

TRIPE TRIPE TRIPE TRIPE..

Football, any sport, is about winning

Give me an entertaining 14th over a route-one 10th any day of the week.

This home and away nonsense. Only a few weeks ago we were terrible against Stoke and lost 1-0. I don't care if that is home or away, it's still football on a pitch of roughly the same size. Our style was dreadfully boring. Football is supposed to be ENTERTAINING. At the moment it is no better, but it will take time to change that and Allardyce clearly had no interest in doing that.

Hoilett has looked good since he has come on.

There is clearly a difference between home and away.

This has been proved in 120 plus years of professional football.

Losing 1-0 away is not the same as losing 1-0 at home, especially when this very home record is what's kept us out of trouble these last couple of years.

Bit early to call Kean a joke tbh, look at the guys achievements so far, he deserved a crack, needs a few more games before we can judge him.

I didn't call Kean a joke, I said the decision to replace a Manager of Allardcye's experience with Kean is a joke. I respect the guys coaching achievements and yes, in time, he may prove to be a good Manager. Just too risky to let him do it here in my opinion. And his start at the helm is worrying me even more.

It's THEIR club. We are supporters, they just put up £43 million to buy it...pretty sure that makes it theirs.

If you look back at his career he has mostly failed when given money. The only good big money signing he has come up with has been Anelka. Look at what he did in only a short time at Newcastle.

I'd settle for 14th mate ; under the present owners and manager this club is going down

1) this is not entertaining

2) we're unlikely to finish 14th if we get one point from West Ham and Stoke at home. People expected 4 points minimum from those games a few weeks ago when Sam was in charge.

I didn't call Kean a joke, I said the decision to replace a Manager of Allardcye's experience with Kean is a joke. I respect the guys coaching achievements and yes, in time, he may prove to be a good Manager. Just too risky to let him do it here in my opinion. And his start at the helm is worrying me even more.

Sorry pal...

Yeah i quite agree hes risky but you got to think is kean a bigger risk then giving someone like phil brown etc the job?

we are so bad away that only taking 1pt from these 2 home games has killed us, don't care whats said about kean having the season anymore pts dropped at home in the next 2 weeks and i can see us getting another man in before jans out.

Rubbish. Where does the attendance money come from which keeps the club ticking over each week? Where does the TV money come from? It's not THEIR club. We have an average of probably 18,000 home fans about 22 times a season (if you count cup games), paying an average of about 15-20 quid a ticket. That's about 7 million quid a season from fans. Then factor in the TV money. Then factor in the fact that the fans don't get a return on their money except for watching their club play. Venky's I'm sure am hoping to get a profit out of the club and also advertising benefits for their brand. The fans have also been here before they came and will be here after they've gone. So no it's not their club, it's ours. This applies even when Jack was in charge, but then it wasn't an issue because he was a fan too.

More rubbish.

He wasn't given much money at Bolton but he did brilliantly there. One big signing was Nicolas Anelka. That wasn't really a failure?

Newcastle: Rozenhal - sold for the same price as he was bought. Cacapa - free transfer. Habib Beye - success. Jose Enrique - success. Joey Barton - horrible person but wasn't signed for very much and has been a good player for them. Success. Alan Smith - signed for a fair amount, failure but is still a regular.

They'd finished four points from relegation the season before, Sam got them to 11th in the table before he was sacked. They later got relegated.

Rovers - Kalinic for 6 million. 6 million does not guarantee you a good PL striker, I guarantee I can name you many more 6 million failures than successes when it comes to strikers in this league. Givet 3 million, good signing. Other signings less than 2 million.

How long do you plan on keeping your head in the sand for, Eddie?

Archived