BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City

rovgers

It actually deflected over. I just think you're being harsh on Kalinic when he looked better than our midfield.

I never said he was worse than our midfield, they were all pretty poor tonight. I was responding to a comment suggesting Kalinic does better with a partner, which I didn't see during the game. He was just as disappointing as before.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, because away games are exactly the same as home games.

We can twist and turn this all day, I'm not going to anymore. I do however feel strongly that having lost our last three games against Stoke and drawn our last four against West Ham with Allardyce in charge doesn't inspire confidence that he would have won these last two games.

Kean mentions positives from today, I genuinely can't think of any? Hanley looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he had hold of the ball before people want to say he was a positive.

haha when I saw Kean in a suit, I though, he looks like a first team coach, in a suit.

didn't look right

I never said he was worse than our midfield, they were all pretty poor tonight. I was responding to a comment suggesting Kalinic does better with a partner, which I didn't see during the game. He was just as disappointing as before.

I suppose it's very much a matter of personal opinion but I am suggesting that because you're not a fan of him you're quick to criticise him and you'll notice his poorer play a lot more than when he does something good. It's like a lot of people with Andrews and MGP last season, and Big Sam pre-sacking. It's easier to criticise those we don't like too much.

It's football, the game where like every other sport teams perform significantly better when they're at home than away.

This is getting embarassing.

I needed to check that you were aware that it is still football being played, 11 vs 11, as Sam obviously thought differently. Fans spending hundreds of pounds per match to watch the worst football played by Blackburn Rovers FC in years.

Sam had a brilliant home record of that there is no doubt, however his away record was diabolical, EVERY signing that Sam made that cost more than a £1 million has been a flop. Now you have given Kean TWO games and you have made your mind up about him, fair enough but your patronising, condescending manner is embarrassing.

I needed to check that you were aware that it is still football being played, 11 vs 11, as Sam obviously thought differently. Fans spending hundreds of pounds per match to watch the worst football played by Blackburn Rovers FC in years.

Sam had a brilliant home record of that there is no doubt, however his away record was diabolical, EVERY signing that Sam made that cost more than a £1 million has been a flop. Now you have given Kean TWO games and you have made your mind up about him, fair enough but your patronising, condescending manner is embarrassing.

My patronising manner? When you were the one asking me what sport was being played? :lol: Your posts are embarassing for the absolute cack contained within them, as I'm about to demonstrate further. It's hard not to be patronising when stating the obvious.

Was Sam's football worse than under Ince? Was it worse than the last days of Hodgson? Was it worse than under Kidd? The vast majority of the fans spending hundreds to watch Rovers went to the home games and went home happy the vast majority of the time.

His away record was diabolical? Last season we were 13th in the league in terms of away record. Not great but acceptable given the circumstances. Same position this season too. That's not really diabolical.

Sam's signings over 1 million?

Givet - arguably a success.

Kalinic - looked promising but would definitely class as a flop. But £6 million hardly guarantees you a good PL striker. I bet for every 6 million (or less) striker which has been a success in this league, I can name you far more that have been flops.

Chimbonda - only a bit over a million, has done poorly but again £1.5 million isn't much to spend on a full back is it?

So yeah, he had 3 signings over a million. And why use a million as a benchmark, why not include N'Zonzi and Salgado? £1 million is absolutely no money in the Premier League.

well that was a load of @#/?, got that sinking feeling as the 2nd half went on that the relegation battle is looming after our solid start to the season. A completely avoidable situation I might add due to poor decisions by the owners I hope they are scouting for a proper manager whilst Kean steadies us.

Trying to stay positive I thought Kalinic looked sharp today, good touch and won most of the horrible punts up to him from the back against much stronger opponents. Hoilett also looked good when he came on, Robbo solid again.

Negatively we created nothing from open play and only something from a set peice in the last 5mins. What on earth has happened to Dunn, he looks absoloutely useless this season. I have seen cloggers on the local park show more fitness, control and pass the ball better than he has demonstrated in recent times. We are desparate for a good central midfield pair, playing two wingers in centre midfield is always going to end up costing us points so hopefully thats on the shopping list for January.

Diouf? Givet? Chimbonda was a huge flop, Kalinic may still come good. People forget that Kalinic was signed at the end of the transfer window after all Sam's other targets fell through and he was left with a desperate decision to sign someone.

I don't see a point of comparing Sam and Kean at this point. He was sacked presumably to get better performances and better results from the team, instead we're seeing a regression.

Some thoughts and observations from the match:

Dunn. Clearly no longer capable of the level required for Premier League football. He's a 60 minute man at best, probably less. His legs aren't moving at the same speed as his brain.

Kalinic. Looked decent on the ball today. I hope he is given more time and not made a scapegoat.

Kean. Was found out today and very possibly of his depth. He had a plan A... and nothing else. Why use only one sub when you are losing? Why wasn't EHD involved at all? Tactically out-thought by his vastly more experienced opposite number. Would love to see Big Sam's mobile phone log!! And as for that suit... psychological statement to the players that I'm the boss now? Well if that's the case stop calling your players by their nicknames in interviews! Smacks of McLaren.

Fans. Shocked to hear of fighting in the blues bar - if that's true. Very disappointing to hear the chants supporting Big Sam. Started by Stoke but pounced upon by the Rivers fans and ringing out around Ewood. It might be how people feel but save it for the phone-ins and messageboards - or at the very least until AFTER the final whistle. During the game is not helping anyone. We talk about the players being unsettled and then do that.

Players. Robbo was immense, oh and we need a couple more Salgados. He really put a shift in today. He's experienced, successful, has the medals, worn the shirts. We've gone for youth in management - the rights and wrongs being for a different thread - but we need some old heads on the pitch but with capable bodies. A Gary McAllister type in the centre of the pitch.

Me. Gutted. Disillusioned and wishing the weather had taken our last two matches. Can't believe I was looking forward to today's game but it was a respite from all the doom and gloom. Sadly it was a temporary respite which lasted about 10 mins.

The writing is on the wall as we need some new players in January but who can Kean convince to join Rovers relegation fight? It's going to cost us/Venkys. I hope they have deep pockets.

Diouf? Givet? Chimbonda was a huge flop, Kalinic may still come good. People forget that Kalinic was signed at the end of the transfer window after all Sam's other targets fell through and he was left with a desperate decision to sign someone.

I don't see a point of comparing Sam and Kean at this point. He was sacked presumably to get better performances and better results from the team, instead we're seeing a regression.

Actually agree with you here Miker. It's hard to compare as the thing is Kean has been put in a god-awful position. The players are all in shock at losing their manager and assistant manager and that's why it's even harder for Kean. Venkys have just caused trouble with their timing and their silly talk. It's hard to blame Kean when the players hearts aren't in it and it's clear they're shook up.

Biggest problem though is the manager - or the lack of one. I don't have an issue with sacking Sam, but to sack him with no equal or better replacement lined up is plain madness. Kean seemed to have no idea how to get us back into the game today.

You've been wanting Sam out all season, in fact you said only a few wekks back that you would sack him tomorrow. This is what you wanted Mark.

Make no mistake,it will come back to bite us hard on the arse in the end.

Awful,absolutely awful today. :angry2:

Yep it will. the players look low on confidence today and didn't know what they was doing. No service to the strikers again! we can have as much possenion as we did, but if you don't create anything than what the point of it. Kalinic and M.Diouf worked hard but no balls into the box.

Big Sam was the right manager for us. Kean so far is not the right man for us. We need a experience British maanger so come in and sort out the mess that we are in at the moment!!!

The owners have to appoint an experience manager not a first team coach. They said to us that they wanted an experience British Manager, so where is HE Venky's? You don't know what you are doing!!!

The only place we are going is to the Championship and fast! This is just like the club was under Paul Ince!

I would like Mark Hughes to come back to the club but there is no chance in hell of it. Why would he wanted to aswell?

You've been wanting Sam out all season, in fact you said only a few wekks back that you would sack him tomorrow. This is what you wanted Mark.

Mark, You got what you wanted. Can't start moaning now!

There is an old saying in life, Be care what you wish for in life???

The owners have to appoint an experience manager not a first team coach. They said to us that they wanted an experience British Manager, so where is HE Venky's? You don't know what you are doing!!!

The only place we are going is to the Championship and fast! This is just like the club was under Paul Ince!

Unfortunately, they said a lot of things.

That performance has been coming for about 4 years. Ever since the trust stopped backing the manager.

Don't tell me that Sam would have taken 3 points today. Bill Shankly could have been in charge, the result would have been the same. Our squad is awful and the lack of investetment has come home to roost (no pun intended).

Without Samba at the back we could not cope with them aerially, how they missed the chance in the first half beggars belief, they were always going to score from a set piece. Our midfield was as light weight as it looked on paper. Without a ball winner we were always going to be on the back foot. Continually trying to chip the ball to the front 2 was a hopeless tactic.

The injuries have not helped but this has always been on the cards, one or 2 key players out and we offer nothing. For those gainst Venkys - what on earth would we do in January if Samba, Jones & Roberts were out long term?? We'd be screwed.

What is abundantly clear is that Kean is not the man to lead this rovers revolution. He needed to get results from these two games, he hasn't. Seventeenth - yes please.

Sam Allardyce was stabbed in the back make no mistake.The club and fans are just being shafted. :angry:

Yeah we all are. Big Sam ,John Williams, the rovers board, players and FANS are being Shafted by these people!!!

All decisions are being made in India and Switzerland NOT at Ewood Park or by John Williams!!!

That performance has been coming for about 4 years. Ever since the trust stopped backing the manager.

Don't tell me that Sam would have taken 3 points today. Bill Shankly could have been in charge, the result would have been the same. Our squad is awful and the lack of investetment has come home to roost (no pun intended).

Without Samba at the back we could not cope with them aerially, how they missed the chance in the first half beggars belief, they were always going to score from a set piece. Our midfield was as light weight as it looked on paper. Without a ball winner we were always going to be on the back foot. Continually trying to chip the ball to the front 2 was a hopeless tactic.

The injuries have not helped but this has always been on the cards, one or 2 key players out and we offer nothing. For those gainst Venkys - what on earth would we do in January if Samba, Jones & Roberts were out long term?? We'd be screwed.

What is abundantly clear is that Kean is not the man to lead this rovers revolution. Seventeenth - yes please.

that is half true, I still think Sam got the best out of this poor team and we stood a chance.

That is why we are so reliant on decent management.

Coaching is just one part of management - Kean alluded to sorting things out on the training ground ahead of our next game, hopefully he realises that rest/recovery will just be as important as we have a busy period coming up.

Archived