BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am definitely in the minority then, I don't blame Kean for Sam's sacking. I haven't heard anything that makes me KNOW that he orchestrated this farce, so I struggle to believe it and damn him accordingly. I am furious with the situation, but my anger is with Venkys, Kentaro and JA.

I do think he is out of his depth, and that it is time to replace him.

I'm not just going to believe what some journalists think, they don't necessarily know/write the truth (as I've had personal experience of, so perhaps I'm more mistrustful than most).

If there is evidence of him backstabbing then fair enough, I will agree it was a terrible thing to do and will apply my dislike accordingly. There was nothing in his body language that indicated to me that he was lying when he said he first heard about Sam's sacking from John Williams.

I have been trying to find out what coaching badges Salgado has, I think he could be a perfect coach/number 2 for a new manager, why?

we need someone already here who knows the quality and mentality of the players, Brunskill is not up to the task and I just feel he has both the experience and standing in the game to have a little continuity at the club, without that, a new manager is coming in totally cold.

Anyone agree?

Fair shout.

We knew from day one that this was Kean and SEM stitch up, of course many on here chose to ignore the clues and blindly went down the path of following an unproven manager.

Obviously, no lessons were learned from Kidd and Ince. Due to a misplaced dislike of Sam and complete misreading of the quality of our squad we have ended up here, AGAIN.

What a criminal waste of three months.

Is there any need for this?

For all the objections raised by "your lot" Kean still remains in the job for now.

A group decided to run with the idea, we don't hire or fire anyone within the club so how the hell is it our fault the club "blindly went down the path of following an unproven manager"?

I don't think that I can say more than this on legal grounds but I am of the OPINION that Steve Kean is fully to blame for the situation we find ourselves in. Even the journalists are starting to report on how he was instrumental on convincing Venkys to sack Big Sam. I'm afraid that he was not pushed into the managers job at all, he engineered it. I massively dislike the little weasel. I'm sorry to get emotional about it but in regards to what has happened we should be outside Ewood today demanding his metaphorical head placed on top of the Blackburn End.

At 10am in the morning? Interesting stuff.

This is exactly why so many feel how they do about Kean and have never been able to empathize with him. He, along with Venkys & Anderson, has caused so many people, like myself, to lose some feeling for our club after 10's of years following Rovers home and away (including Europe).

Late start this morning and I am surprised that there has not been an announcement so far.

1. Good coach given managers job - and then struggled : this IMO is a myth, what stands out on his record. Can you compare this guy with the likes of Allison, Kidd, Harford and more recently, Steve Clarke.

He seems to be a convincing guy, especially when it comes to Mrs Desai.

I wonder if he's persuaded her to give him one more chance citing an improved performance yeaterday and bad luck with a decision and also the promise he'll beat Blackpool!?

Considering who is out there at the moment, and seeing how we can count out Allardyce, I'd take the brolly wally right now.

Would be the right man to get us out of the championship as well if things don't improve in the next 8 weeks.

As Cromwell said........

"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong.

-Adolf Hitler

Since we're quoting history's most evil.

So, everyone else is celebrating the thought of us having a change at the top now. My observation is be careful what you wish for.

The performance at Fulham wasn't bad and it looked to me like the players were trying pretty hard (too hard in Givets case) and weren't helped by one of Mr. Clattenburgs regular 'discussable' decisions. Full credit to Kean for taking it on the chin, any other manager (Sam included) would have been up for an FA charge.

My view is that there isn't a 5th cavalry about to come over the hill to save us, it would be an even bigger gamble than appointing Kean to replace him with a new boss, plus assistant, plus first team coach plus anyone else that can be added - but we can't add anymore players remember.

I would have stuck with Allardyce at least until the close season but that is past now.

If I thought that the display at Fulham had been disorganised and demoralised I would be saying something different today but I would hope that any decision that is made is not just about parting company with a manager but about whether there is somebody better available. O'Neill? Perhaps, but he turned down West Ham and is unlikely to agree with a business plan that doesn't give him 100% control, of course money talks I suppose.

Ranieri or Benitez? Was either that wonderful when they were here and what is on their CVs that fits them for a relegation dogfight?

To many questions following a sacking and not enough answers. I love Rovers too much to advocate a decision not based on a cool head, or being a headless chicken.

If there is someone better then maybe part with Kean, my problem is I really don't see a sensible candidate that I think would come now.

As Cromwell said........

"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

He also said, 'Pray believe in the bowels of Christ, that you may be wrong'

I hope you are confident in your thoughts.

how would Venky's actually conduct manager recruitment if Kentaro are not in the service of advising anymore?

Simply. Let Tom Finn conduct the search for a manager and I'm sure that John Williams will help if he was asked.

JUST SACK THE MUPPET!!! GET A PROVEN MANAGER IN ASAP!!!

You can see that our 'ace presser' is losing his cool. So many contradictory statements over the last two weeks including three highlighted post match yesterday.

His thinking, IMO, is muddled in all aspects. Clearly, IMO, he has lost the plot and now almost certainly his job.

His future is bleak as I could not see any club or manager touching this guy now - could you trust him ? - not even with a sh!tty stick!

Simply. Let Tom Finn conduct the search for a manager and I'm sure that John Williams will help if he was asked.

JUST SACKED THE MUPPET!!! GET A PROVEN MANAGER IN ASAP!!!

Just sack*

Only correcting because you got me all excited!

You can see that our 'ace presser' is losing his cool. So many contradictory statements over the last two weeks including three highlighted post match yesterday.

His thinking, IMO, is muddled in all aspects. Clearly, IMO, he has lost the plot and now almost certainly his job.

His future is bleak as I could not see any club or manager touching this guy now - could you trust him ? - not even with a sh!tty stick!

Sounds like someone is having a Macbeth moment. All that remains is for Niel McDonald to return as the heir of the usurped king. :P

Sorry, I've read too much Shakespeare.

Kean has to do a huge amount of convincing talking to save himself now.

The delay is most likely because the new appointment(s) will be announced first.

Do you think there will there be an announcement tomorrow?

Kean has to do a huge amount of convincing talking to save himself now.

The delay is most likely because the new appointment(s) will be announced first.

I don't normally agree with you Philip, but for once I hope you are right!

Archived