BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

i'll be the first to admit i don't follow a lot of italian football so maybe Roberto can share his view , but , when i have seen Ronaldhinho play he has still got it , some lovely touches lovely vision and a genuine world class player........for about 60-70mins then he just disappears , the tank is obviously empty how he would cope with in the fast frenzied EPL i dont know , i just hope its 7.2m euro's of VENKY's own money !

I'm definitely critical of signing Ronaldinho, but I'll bow to and accept Roberto Pelicano's judgement on wether he has what it takes to do a good job here in Blackburn and the premier league.

You can see the attractiveness to Venky's of signing this kind of calibre of player to enhance theirs and Rovers image.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was only last month, still looking pretty good!

I dont think there should be any arguement in regards to if he still has it. He is a class player and only 30, you dont lose class overnight. I think the only question is if he is still motivated.

As my old football coach used to always say, class in permanent, form is temporary. Not sure who he was saying this to, we were all bloody useless.

Brazil or Blackburn? I know were I would be choosing. I think the question is, does he still want to play in one of, if not the best league in the world, and can we offer him more than he would get in Brazil. And for those who are saying surely he still wants to play champ league football, explain to me how he would be able to do this playing in Brazil? Unless Brazil have been added to the European Union without none of us knowing about it.

My thoughts are he will go to Brazil, its the easier option for him, and whilst he is class, i think he is the type of player to go for the easier option. Lets hope i'm proved to be wrong.

Flamengo claim they have him, as do Gremio, and we claim to have made an offer too. He probably will go to Brazil after all this.

And I wonder if Venky's have a back-up plan if Ronaldinho doesn't come off?

They'll then "claim" to have approached Iniesta, Xavi and Messi

back-up plans can have even less substance than the primary "plan"

I wonder if Venkys have been misquoted, and it is in fact Ronald McDonald they are trying to sign to be the face of there new chain of fast food places set to take the UK by storm. Could prob do a job in centre mid as well, lets faceit he cant be any worse than Dunny, and MGP at the moment

The Brazilian clubs will have "sponsors" pitching in to pay money.

On a side-note, with the amount of money Ronnie has collected throughout his career, do you think its the main motivation for him? His brother maybe, but him I dont think so.

However, I did see a hint towards right in the Indian market. Maybe he can become the new Shahrukh Khan there! <_<

Guti, Raul, Beckham and Ronaldinho all linked in the space of six months with the same outcome no doubt.

Unfortunately that sounds about right mate....pie in the sky.

''The tweet could suggest that Venky’s are now in charge of transfers at Ewood Park and new manager Steve Kean may find himself in a similar situation to that which Mark Hughes found himself in at Manchester City.

<_<

Interesting stuff indeed. I guess all you can say is watch this space. Still not convinced we will get him, but i'm allowed to dream, as long as its Venkys cash, and it isnt the only signing we make, im all for it. My worry is, that the list Steve Kean issued them with, may just get screwed up, and tossed in the bin.

Have to say...that article actually sounds a lot more legit than I thought. Actually might be something to this, although there is always the possibility we are being used to drive the price up.

I think that the next two weeks could be infamous in our history..

It would not be surprising to see Messrs Williams & Finn walk away this week.

I would be surprised if we sign anyone until after Sat 15 Jan. (Chelsea away).

Our next three matches are difficult in the extreme Liverpool & QPR at home and Chelsea away. Lose those three, and we would be in big trouble. Would Kean continue in his post or would we see a new manager appointed, followed by some panic and dubious signings.

Our new owners, having appointed Kean, should back him to the hilt and this should mean new signings within days and that shouldn't include Ronaldhino who is not the type you would want next to you in the trenches in a war.

Inactivity would be akin to fiddling as Rome burns.

Gosh that has cheered me up

I am afraid you could well be right. We are not even at base camp yet on signings from a Blackburn perspective unless someone else has lined players up.

The idea of the Blackburn with that Indian group is to assemble a competitive team, and Ronaldinho is not the only name in Brazil that is interesting.

The representative declined to say what are the other players that Blackburn is seeking.

Hmmm...

The plot thickens.

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

---------------Romeu

-------Bentley -----Krankjcar

-----------Ronaldinho

---Osvaldo ---------Demba Ba

Might as well make a fist of it. :rolleyes:

If you are picking a fantasy team why the hell are givet and salgado still in it, just look out of place.

Ronaldinho thing just sounds utterly daft, but has got me thinking what other 30+ superstars are around if all the owners are interested in are big names and photo calls. Also got me thinking what plan B is when the clowns finally realise none want to come to blackburn at 11:59pm on the 31st Jan, Micheal Owen probably already sent his brochure to india now these fools have said silly money is available here.

Does that hint at more Brazilians? OK, let the talk of Kaka begin! We'll probably get that Emerson who played in Italy, that crap defender who was at Leeds a while ago and that gay hairdresser who was a reality show star 10 years ago.

Well, there was talk of this guy a while back......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geovanni_Deiberson_Maur%C3%ADcio

Archived