BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been informed that Ronnie has expressed an interest / is willing to talk to us.

Taking this with a pinch of a salt until Nicko shares his news.

I hear he is keen on going back to Brazil as he thinks he would be more settled and perform better under the watchful eye of the Selecao manager. He wants to be part of 2014.

He was in Dubai, clubbing and partying and flew out yesterday (to speak to Gremio).

Don't expect to see it on any news sites until Nicko breaks the story tomorrow.

My understanding is that this has been worked out pretty quickly between the brothers and their advisers.

I've been informed that Ronnie has expressed an interest / is willing to talk to us.

Taking this with a pinch of a salt until Nicko shares his news.

For the money that's been stated they are offering him it doesn't surprise me that he's interested. I can't see many better offers being made to him.

I have to say I'm amazed with the amount of people saying he wouldn't be good for us. Absolutely flabbergasted. To those people, do you actually watch football or just like to moan about it on the Internet?

Others seem to have this notion that if they do sign Ronaldinho we won't get anyone else. Do you not understand if we got him, it would make us more of a draw for other quality signings?

Not directed at you bpf.

Im going to go down a Phillipl route here (This is not a Critisism of Phillip, I tend to trust his judgement after reading his posts for a few years on here) but is there a link between our good friends at Kentaro and Ronnie himself. I have come up with a minor one in that Kentaro promote Brazil freindlies and obviously a fully fit Ronnie who is getting media exposure and hopefully playing well will make them more money.

There is no link like that.

The background is interesting.

Once the final result is out there will be further details that may throw some light on how things are shaping up behind the scenes.

For the money that's been stated they are offering him it doesn't surprise me that he's interested. I can't see many better offers being made to him.

I have to say I'm amazed with the amount of people saying he wouldn't be good for us. Absolutely flabbergasted. Do you actually watch football or just like to moan about it on the Internet? Some seem to have this notion that if they do sign Ronaldinho we won't get anyone else. Do you not understand if we got him, it would make us more of a draw for other quality signings?

Agree totally, have we not been crying out for a creative playing for the last couple of years? I cant think of to many more creative plays than Ronnie. And absolutely it sends out a message of intent, with Ronnie and Salgado at the club, we could certainly attract players we would once be able to dream about playing for Rovers.

Like I have said, I will believe it when I see it, but come on, Ronnie in a Rovers shirt.

Like I have said, I will believe it when I see it, but come on, Ronnie in a Rovers shirt.

Absolutely. My first instinct was to laugh out loud but then when I heard of the money being offered there's a smidge of a chance it may happen. Even if it's only a smudge it's there.

I'm of mixed emotions. Assuming that the Ronaldinho interest is serious, then we can be in for some very interesting times. And likely in a positive way.

On the other hand, Venkys has a history of throwing out big names (Maradona) without succesful acquiring the alleged target. Apparently the thinking is any press is good press.

Like Kean, Venkys ability to use the transfer market to improve the Rovers is up in the air.

My word the image of Ronaldinho in a Blackburn Rovers shirt, giving me goosebumps, FIFA world player of the year five years ago and IF he is motivated, this could be the signing of the season and will stop those stupid chicken jokes.

There is no link like that.

The background is interesting.

Once the final result is out there will be further details that may throw some light on how things are shaping up behind the scenes.

Thanks I was merely speculating from what I had read on Kentaro's website about their work with the promotion of the Brazillian national team. In my head it kind of helped me make a bit more sense of this.

If Im honest I would prefer it if they were going to throw that sort of money at someone to be involved at the club it would be a top top class manager.

There is not a single reason in the whole entire world why Ronaldinho would want to play for us.

I can think of three.

1: $$$$

2: To test himself in the PL

3: To play regular football, and give himself a chance of getting back in the Brazil squad.

India as we all know has major potential for Blackburn Rovers and Venky's!

Can you picture what the Roa brothers are probably thinking; Billboards in all major cities of India with Ronaldinho wearing a full Rovers kit with football in hand!

New sponsor Air India....etc. We are going global people....it is going to be a bumpy ride.

This could well be pulled off. On a different note, surely JW and TF are on their way out of the club.

I have to say I'm amazed with the amount of people saying he wouldn't be good for us. Absolutely flabbergasted. To those people, do you actually watch football or just like to moan about it on the Internet?

It would of course be a fantastic signing if it happens.

Don't think it has a cat in hell's chance of coming off but, ah well, nice to dream...

Steve Kean didn't have anything to do with this list of targets really though, did he?

Archived