BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if anyone has told Steve Kean we're trying to buy Ronaldinho yet...

A glimpse of things to come.

I'd love to see Ronaldinho at Rovers, but signings without the involvement of Kean and Williams - therein lies problems.

He'd hardly be a missing link in a team missing at least one decent striker, a fit midfielder who can open things up, a holder midfielder, wingers with pace who can cross and at least one decent full back.

hardly a magic pill. never mind that he's now as fit as John Prescott, we need a rash of solid signings that plug the gaps, not one marquee signing made to appease the fans.

Who's gonna win the ball and pass it accurately to him?

From Venkys twitter:

"Venkys trying hard to get Ronaldinho for 2 years contract . Offered 7.2 Million Euros as salary per year "

http://twitter.com/venkysindia

Note to Venky's - at Rovers we have always done our business discreetly and have only disclosed transfer dealings once they have been completed.

That work out as 120,000 a week. Probably netto as well. Makes me uneasy for us to be offering these salaries, presumably underwritten by Venky's, but what happens if they abandon ship and leave us lumbered with a load of has-been's on vastly inflated salaries?

He'd hardly be a missing link in a team missing at least one decent striker, a fit midfielder who can open things up, a holder midfielder, wingers with pace who can cross and at least one decent full back.

hardly a magic pill. never mind that he's now as fit as John Prescott, we need a rash of solid signings that plug the gaps, not one marquee signing made to appease the fans.

Who's gonna win the ball and pass it accurately to him?

Grella.

Honestly the signing seems a complete waste of time. Such a talented player that has just let himself go and I don't think he would be motivated to get himself back into shape or form for us.

It's good that they are thinking big but the wrong player to blow a lot of cash on. Buy a really talented young player or 2 with it instead.

One of the most talented footballers of his time, the way he could pick defence splitting passes with so much vision and ease!

I rated him even better than Tugay in his passing ability. Fantastic ability to read the game.

Have any of them signed ? more importantly are any of them about to sign ?

answer ) NO !

Seriously how many have signed? What date is it? What other club has signed anyone? As for who is about to sign I'm not ohycic and neither are you so why dont you take a valium and go have a quiet lie down because this all seems too much for you.

The Ronaldinho story would fit in with what has been said this week regarding Samba.

Steve Kean has been saying all week about how Samba was told about the transfer targets and he was excited by it and wanted to be a part of it. No offence to Charlie Adam (who I think is a cracking player) but I doubt this type of signing would excite Samba

Nelsen has also talked about the exiting times ahead in this article Nelsen predicts 'exciting' times.

It is good to read comments like this from Nelsen because he seems an honest guy who wouldn't say things if he didn't mean it. He came out in support of Sam when he was sacked, and rightly so, but while admitting that Sam got the sack through no fault of his own he thinks it could be exciting times ahead.

I think we need some decent players to come in but as a fan would I be excited to see Ronaldinho wearing a Rovers shirt ? Bloody too right I would !!

Honestly the signing seems a complete waste of time. Such a talented player that has just let himself go and I don't think he would be motivated to get himself back into shape or form for us.

It's good that they are thinking big but the wrong player to blow a lot of cash on. Buy a really talented young player or 2 with it instead.

They cost 10m+.

depends what type of Ronaldinho, if he truly determined to get back into the Brazil squad then i would be all for it. its they type of signing that would fit with improving blackburns profile. would not happen anyway, he will prob just go home. some beach in Brazil or blackburn, i know which i would choose if i where him.

I thinks a similar situation to the Guti saga. Clearly a top quality player, has won everything, played for the top clubs in Europe, both had nothing left to prove, question is would they want to test themselves in the PL. Yes it certainly is a gamble, but I think everyone would secretly love to see him in a rovers shirt. We would still need a ball winner in the centre mid.

As for the risk that Venkys abandoning ship if things go tits up. I'm pretty sure something was put in place to stop owners from dumping clubs, and leaving them in the ######.

Forgive me Sir Alan of Fir Hill (by the way I've noticed many media types claiming to be Jags fans - possibly to distance themselves from the horribble old firm and so cannot be accused of favouratism), but if you think BRFC are heading the right direction I'd like to know what the wrong direction was!

Yes, I know I shouldn't comment until Feb 1st!

Claiming to be? I still have the season tickets to prove it.

Ronaldinho has not even been that bad in Italy in recent times. People are comparing him with his peak years at Barcelona. But I think he could still have a role to play in the PL if he comes here. He is only 30 after all. His "type" of player has always been successful in England.

If it comes off, its a coup. Lets not be in doubt about that.

Archived