BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could well be pulled off. On a different note, surely JW and TF are on their way out of the club.

If JW agrees with this in principle I can't see the problem. IF this is the personal wealth of the Raos funding this rather than putting a massive strain on our finances then I'm sure he'd be all for it. The marketing the club would get would be worth it alone.

I am trying not to get carried away with the Ronaldinho link although it would be quite easy to!! IF we signed him though :blink: !HOLY ****! to say I would be like a kid at Christmas would be the biggest understatement, I mean If somebody had told me 5-6 years ago that we would be in for him I would have carted them off to Calderstones myself!

The guy was/still is one of the biggest names in world football and it would guarantee me taking my seat 30mins before the game pie in hand(for me) to watch a genius at work.

It would be something else to see him grace the hallowed turf at Ewood, pull on the famous Blue & White halves :brfc: and represent each and every one of us out there on the pitch oooh we can live in hope!

My word the image of Ronaldinho in a Blackburn Rovers shirt, giving me goosebumps, FIFA world player of the year five years ago and IF he is motivated, this could be the signing of the season and will stop those stupid chicken jokes.

ronniez.jpg

For the money that's been stated they are offering him it doesn't surprise me that he's interested. I can't see many better offers being made to him.

I have to say I'm amazed with the amount of people saying he wouldn't be good for us. Absolutely flabbergasted. To those people, do you actually watch football or just like to moan about it on the Internet?

Others seem to have this notion that if they do sign Ronaldinho we won't get anyone else. Do you not understand if we got him, it would make us more of a draw for other quality signings?

Not directed at you bpf.

Michael, he is class but for that amount of money, it could be invested in 2 or 3 players. we need players, that will improve us. Bentley and Krankjar are the 2 players, that i would like us to sign. those 2 have pl experience, and will help keep us up comfortably. Ronaldinho is a luxury, whereas Krankjar and Bentley will have a point to prove.

There is one: Money.

But that's quite literally it.

But we're not suddenly Chelsea or Manchester City. Surely there are many other richer clubs in Europe that could offer him a deal? And if not in Europe, then he can certainly opt for the big checks in Dubai or wherever, where he won't have to play through cold winter months and on New Year's day.

Michael, he is class but for that amount of money, it could be invested in 2 or 3 players. we need players, that will improve us. Bentley and Krankjar are the 2 players, that i would like us to sign. those 2 have pl experience, and will help keep us up comfortably. Ronaldinho is a luxury, whereas Krankjar and Bentley will have a point to prove.

You'd honestly rather have Bentley and Kranjcar over Ronaldinho?!

But we're not suddenly Chelsea or Manchester City. Surely there are many other richer clubs in Europe that could offer him a deal? And if not in Europe, then he can certainly opt for the big checks in Dubai or wherever, where he won't have to play through cold winter months and on New Year's day.

Ah yes, Dubai, with it's climate so conducive to playing football.

You'd honestly rather have Bentley and Kranjcar over Ronaldinho?!

of course i would, for the reason stated above. im honest about it, and i believe its a big gamble at this stage of the season. Ronaldinho along with Rivaldo, are 2 of my favourite players btw. i just think the timing is all wrong, if this is a serious attempt to sign him

My word the image of Ronaldinho in a Blackburn Rovers shirt, giving me goosebumps, FIFA world player of the year five years ago and IF he is motivated, this could be the signing of the season and will stop those stupid chicken jokes.

don't count your chickens before they hatch :brfcsmilie:

The guy was/still is one of the biggest names in world football . . .

And on a more practical level, he would both bang in the goals himself and turn Kalinic (who is almost there in any event, IMO) into a goal machine. We would be looking at 30+ goals a session more than we are currently putting on the board now. Top 8 finish would not be unrealistic.

And if we also added a hard hitting defending midfielder, we would stop leaking goals. Just improving those two positions would make our club a real contender for 6th. If nothing else, we can start playing Jones were he belongs, as a CB, and continue to improve his England prospects and the marketability of the club.

Singing ROnaldinho would be great for us if Kean can keep him motivated.

But other players would have to be brought to make an impact in our starting 11.

Otherwise, it wouldn't make a diference.

Ronaldinho this season for AC Milan:

16 games, 1 goal, 4 assits, 926 minutes.

Made the first 7 games of Italian league as a first team player, was out (probably injured) and is now on the bench.

Previous season:

43 games, 15 goals, 19 assits, 3486 minutes.

Good eno :rover: ugh for Rovers

Still, it's a bit better than spending all the window worrying about every half decent player leaving, and being replaced by the likes of Shola Ameobi. We can dream, and even if Ronaldinho does not come, at least we can expect some signings that might improve the team.

of course i would, for the reason stated above. im honest about it, and i believe its a big gamble at this stage of the season. Ronaldinho along with Rivaldo, are 2 of my favourite players btw. i just think the timing is all wrong, if this is a serious attempt to sign him

Bentley has only ever played well with us, and had the likes of RSC and Benni McCarthy knocking in his chances. I'd welcome it if we signed him but he's nowhere near what Ronaldinho could do with us. Not to mention his massive attitude problem. Kranjcar is a good solid player but is ultimately a Spurs cast off and doesn't come close to the genuinely world class abilities of a 30 year old Ronaldinho.

Ronaldinho would have a hell of a lot to prove since he wants to be part of Brazil 2014.

It would also be a massive draw for other players to come and play here.

IF it happened I'd be over the moon.

Archived