BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair though 47er I think one of our villa friends stated that Davies isn't playing because if he plays one more game he automatically gets a new, higher paid contract.

Some players just need a change of scenery. Remember that Tugay wasn't getting a game at rangers and samba couldn't even get in the first team at hamburg.

Blackpool have assembled a team of players who couldn't even get a look in at championship clubs with the likes of dj Campbell and Luke varney and they're doing ok.

As for the ronaldinho thing, if we could get him it would be a (chicken) coup. Definitely a big name player but i still believe his best days are behind him. I'd rather invest that money in a proven premiership player and not an unreliable luxury. Buy it's nice to be linked to names of that standing.

Then perhaps our interest should lie with their manager rather than just an influential player like Adam

Anyone really think Adam would leave Blackpool for us, not me.

I could, he had a contract dispute with them back in Novemeber about an upaid bonus, which I believe had to go to a arbitration panel, and he was eventually paid out, it was only 25,000 quid.

Secondly, Blackpool are doing very well at the minute, but lack of finances, and not the strongest of squads will probably takes it toll as the season goes on.

Thirdly they are likely to suffer 2nd season syndrome like so many promoted clubs.

Fourthly, Blackburn have new owners, who have stated their ambitions to be a top 5 club, which means serious investment, but there is more chance of us been a top 5 club than Blackpool

Finally we will be able to offer him a much more lucrative contract.

Fourthly, Blackburn have new owners, who have stated their ambitions to be a top 5 club, which means serious investment, but there is more chance of us been a top 5 club than Blackpool

Finally we will be able to offer him a much more lucrative contract.

People/players could look at it another way too....

New owners who continously are making contradicting statements & also make very strange decisions - by all accounts they are not that wealthy in Premier League terms too.

Plus a novice manager who a lot of people have never heard of before, who only (apparently) has a contract until the end of the season - exciting times.

So would the majority of people here be pro or anti Fat Ronnie? Id say its a no-brainer. Get him in.

However, that does not mean we should neglect the actual necessities such as a central midfielder, which Ronaldinho definitely isnt. But him playing behind Niko, or Mame would be a sight to behold.

What are you one about? Ba Adam and a kid from Barce that has been offered out on loan, how on earth are they made up or unrealistc? You sound like a little girl having a tantrum for no reasn, get a grip!

Have any of them signed ? more importantly are any of them about to sign ?

answer ) NO !

• Backroom

We're not in Europe this year and we won't be next year or in all likelihood even the year after that, is Ronaldinho really going to sacrifice the last few years of his competitive career playing for Blackburn Rovers without any chance of winning any titles or playing in Europe?

I don't care how much money the Raos throw at him, it ain't happening.

Interesting couple of hours since I last posted.

House next door but one just burned down. Took the old chap into our place where medics treated him for burns to his hands and singeing to his hair and face, as well as smoke inhalation. He's gone off to Hospital. House totally gutted. Chip pan fire and he was lucky to get out alive.

We signing anybody?

Interesting couple of hours since I last posted.

House next door but one just burned down. Took the old chap into our place where medics treated him for burns to his hands and singeing to his hair and face, as well as smoke inhalation. He's gone off to Hospital. House totally gutted. Chip pan fire and he was lucky to get out alive.

We signing anybody?

Bloody hell,hope the old boy is ok, not sure if it's relevant to the transfer window, but still, just shows you how your life can completely be devestated by one small thing such a chip fire. Important thing is the bloke is ok I guess, houses can be rebuilt, lives can not.

Are you added in the have we signed anybody at the bottom.

Short answer to that is No. Linked with Ronny, and Warnock, thats about it at the moment, but it is Sunday, the day of rest

If it is not coming out of Rovers' money, it is a win-win all round.

True. I think that they are perhaps looking for something to turn the fans opinion on them around.

If they are that desperate to get Ronnie in, does that mean we have a chance? They may throw the extra few quid at him that more sensible people wouldnt.

My Venkys guy is like a lot of people involved with them. 'Sir' is always correct and 'Sir' is capable of anything he wants to achieve. I'm a little bit excited about this one to be honest. Whether it is a good sign that they are personally trying to land big name players is another story.

If they do want Ronnie though, they better hurry up.

It's encouraging to know that we're after 4 or more players to help improve our squad but one question keeps popping back into my head....

Why the hell would anyone want to join Blackburn at the moment?

We've sacked our manager, reports suggest that some of our better players want to leave, we have an unproven manager in charge until the end of the season and we have owners who know nothing about the game and are being slated at every opportunity in the media.

Don't get me wrong, I am giving Venky's a chance to prove to us why they were right to take control of Rovers and I hope all their promises are kept and we grow as a club but I think most of us probably agree that it doesn't look good at the moment. So, aside from the money, why would a footballer want to join a club like ours when there are more stable clubs out there?

It's encouraging to know that we're after 4 or more players to help improve our squad but one question keeps popping back into my head....

We've sacked our manager, reports suggest that some of our better players want to leave, we have an unproven manager in charge until the end of the season and we have owners who know nothing about the game and are being slated at every opportunity in the media.

Don't get me wrong, I am giving Venky's a chance to prove to us why they were right to take control of Rovers and I hope all their promises are kept and we grow as a club but I think most of us probably agree that it doesn't look good at the moment. So, aside from the money, why would a footballer want to join a club like ours when there are more stable clubs out there?

You answer your own question in a way there - if the money is good enough that usually does it for agents/players - however our problem will be if we, along with other clubs, are in for quality players (which we no doubt will be). Can't see us being an attractive option at all. Most players probably have never heard of Kean or Brunskill.

Short answer to that is for the $, and we are an established PL club, argubly the best league in the world.

You answer your own question in a way there - if the money is good enough that usually does it for agents/players - however our problem will be if we, along with clubs, are in for quality players (which we no doubt will be). Can't see us being an attractive option at all. Most players probably have never heard of Kean or Brunskill.

That's what I am thinking. If it comes down to us having more money then I can see the attraction to our club.

If it comes down to anything but money then if I were a player then I'd avoid us at all costs during the transfer window because there are better run clubs out there who probably have more money than us and are heading in the right direction i.e. Sunderland & Stoke.

Venky's really need to start acting on their promises otherwise why would anyone want to believe a word they say. Everyone will just judge them by reading reports in the paper.

It will be a very interesting (and hopefully promising) transfer window.

Ronaldinho, really :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not in a million years, even if he did come he would last 2 months, sulk and stamp his feet and bugger off back to Brazil, either that or develop a liking for John Smiths bitter and end up in Rio's with Dunny with a bucket load of pork pies in tow.

But at least he isnt 6 foot 5, shows we are looking in the right direction.

That's what I am thinking. If it comes down to us having more money then I can see the attraction to our club.

If it comes down to anything but money then if I were a player then I'd avoid us at all costs during the transfer window because there are better run clubs out there who probably have more money than us and are heading in the right direction i.e. Sunderland & Stoke.

Venky's really need to start acting on their promises otherwise why would anyone want to believe a word they say. Everyone will just judge them by reading reports in the paper.

It will be a very interesting (and hopefully promising) transfer window.

or the usual let down.

Ronaldinho, really :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not in a million years, even if he did come he would last 2 months, sulk and stamp his feet and bugger off back to Brazil, either that or develop a liking for John Smiths bitter and end up in Rio's with Dunny with a bucket load of pork pies in tow.

But at least he isnt 6 foot 5, shows we are looking in the right direction.

Last I heard he was 6 foot 5 wide.

Ronaldinho-Fat.jpg

Archived