BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wen Y Hu

The first of this transfer window's digests is up now in a separate thread and will be maintained throughout the window. No comments in there as usual, but please do stick any useful links in there. Cheers.

And just for the record, I think Ronny looks better with a paunch. :P

For those thinking Ronaldinho is past it, or isn't going to make the impact we need, take a look at these stats from his time at milan last season.

43 apps 15 goals 17 assists

I suspect a big part of the reason he hasnt featured much this year is due to the signing of robinho, there is no way you can have two luxury players like that in your team at most times, who's only focus is purely on attacking.

Lets put it this way. The biggest publicity Venkys have ever had in their history was the following:

1) Sacking Sam

2) Being "linked" with Maradona

3) Being "linked" with Ronaldinho

I dont think Ronaldinho will join us, or it will materialize that far ahead, but its good to look forward to something exciting after the terrible month Rovers fans have had.

From not being linked to anyone, to being linked with Ronaldinho, the end result will most likely be the same: No one in. It will be good to actually sign a couple of GOOD players instead.

I thinks a similar situation to the Guti saga. Clearly a top quality player, has won everything, played for the top clubs in Europe, both had nothing left to prove, question is would they want to test themselves in the PL. Yes it certainly is a gamble, but I think everyone would secretly love to see him in a rovers shirt. We would still need a ball winner in the centre mid.

As for the risk that Venkys abandoning ship if things go tits up. I'm pretty sure something was put in place to stop owners from dumping clubs, and leaving them in the ######.

I think its different than the Guti situation, a lot different. Guti we seemed to show a genuine interest and the manager was trying his hardest to sign him but funds at the time would not allow, Guti had also shown intrest with the deal as well through his Real Madrid mate Salgado. I also think Guti is a top professional like Salgado as you don't stay at a club like Real for as long as they did without having somthing about them talent wise and personallity wise also.

Ronaldinho on the other hand bags of talent, clearly lacks motivation despite being paid ridiculous amounts of money to play for AC Milan and push himself back into contention for a spot in one of the lesser Brazil teams in recent times, such a signing would be detremental to Rovers in every department but publicity for Venkys.

Gotta admit though a marquee signing would be impressive

I think that the next two weeks could be infamous in our history..

It would not be surprising to see Messrs Williams & Finn walk away this week.

I would be surprised if we sign anyone until after Sat 15 Jan. (Chelsea away).

Our next three matches are difficult in the extreme Liverpool & QPR at home and Chelsea away. Lose those three, and we would be in big trouble. Would Kean continue in his post or would we see a new manager appointed, followed by some panic and dubious signings.

Our new owners, having appointed Kean, should back him to the hilt and this should mean new signings within days and that shouldn't include Ronaldhino who is not the type you would want next to you in the trenches in a war.

Inactivity would be akin to fiddling as Rome burns.

• Backroom

It will never happen but Ronaldinho would be brilliant and would act as a lift to the place, out of fat Dunn, crap Emerton and fat Ronnie I know which I would prefer.

I can't believe some wouldn't want him here, have you ever seen him play he was sensational and isn't that old.

Ronaldinho would be an outstanding marquis signing.

Yes there have been questions about his motivation, but for the money offered, a chance to play in the Premier League and to live in one of England most attractive cities (Manchester), I could definitely see interest from Ronnie's side.

A midfielder - an unbelievably creative midfielder - would be a win all-round.

Massive publicity for Venky's & Rovers, huge merchandising opportunities, betters the team (without saying really) and it's a guarantee to pull in a considerable amount of new fans.

I haven't been fussed going to many matches in the last few years, but I'd not only buy a season ticket, I'd get my missus one, buy a home shirt and get Ronnie's name printed all over the back.

Bring on the Ronnie :tu:

Ronaldinho started this season better than he has been in a couple of seasons. However, Robinho needed to be bedded in too, so with Zlatan, Robinho and Pato, it meant that Robinho and Ronnie were vying for one spot. Ronaldinho virtually threw the towel in and has been a reserve for the last 6-7 games. But he has made an impact off the bench. He looks more motivated than recent times cause he wants to play for Brazil in 2014. I somehow think he believes playing in Brazil will help him more.

I did mention Ronaldinho earlier...

There is something of an update.

We live in interesting times.

Im going to go down a Phillipl route here (This is not a Critisism of Phillip, I tend to trust his judgement after reading his posts for a few years on here) but is there a link between our good friends at Kentaro and Ronnie himself. I have come up with a minor one in that Kentaro promote Brazil freindlies and obviously a fully fit Ronnie who is getting media exposure and hopefully playing well will make them more money.

Ronaldinho we may have a little chance cause bigger teams have written him off. But Llorente and Kun, you must be dreaming! :)

Thats exactly what im doing, dreaming. Llorente would be an ace signing, will not happen, but the type of striker we need.

Archived