BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that Ronaldinho was looking at buying out his contract therefore negating a transfer fee??

If the owners are financing the move out of their own money then it's win, win and in my opinion a brilliant decision

From the owners point of view it would

1) restore some credibility

2) provide massive marketing opportunities in India and South America.

3) Provide a statement of intent

From Rovers point of view

1) We get creativity and a player that can play as a second striker, midfielder or winger.

2) A marquee signing that will help attract other good players

3) A new buzz of optimism

If it costs £12 million or so over 2 years the positives completely justify that expenditure.

Remember Andy Cole, we bought him, he did the business for a couple of years then moved for nowt. Ronaldinho is probably the equivalent of that.

Signing Ronaldinho would be an unbelievable coup.... but just can't see it coming off. Bloody Spurs or someone will shark in.

It is on their official Facebook page as opposed to the many "spin-offs".

They are getting a hammering for it but I doubt many of the comments will last long. One telling them to get a decent Manager has already gone so for historic record I copied these.

Sarah Allsop are u having a laugh? U honestly that by offering 5 million pounds he is gonna come to rovers with u muppets in charge. Get a proper manager in and leave the buying to them and when u have done that, please get out of our club. We want our rovers back!

52 minutes ago via Facebook Mobile

Vishal Padwal THEY HAVE MONEY TO BUY CLUB !!!!!!

BUT THEY DONT HAVE MONEY FOR THIER EMPLOYEES WHO WORK FOR THEM WHOLE DAY AND NIGHT!!!!!!!!

Colin O'Halloran Im not going to be over critical and Im certainly not going to get abusive like other people here but I am really concerned about the influence that the Kentaro group have on your running of the club. I am a genuine Blackburn fan who is pleading with you to trust in John Williams more than Kentaro. We the fans trust Williams and want to see his opinion taken more validly than Kentaros

Jessie Chu stop use Blackburn be your free marketing tools.

Guillermo Blackburn i think that 7.2 mill could be used much more wisely. Unless of course you have much more money to invest on top of that. Make sure we get a really decent central midfielder and striker. We also cannot forget about defending like we did yesterday, that wouldn't have happened under Sam.. I wouldn't mind Bentley back to be honest if the price is right.. MAIN THING THOUGH, I AGREE WITH COLIN AND EVERY OTHER BRFC FAN... TRUST IN JOHN WILLIAMS OVER KENTARO

For balance I would copy and paste a positive response but there aren't any.

I think this post wins the award for funniest post of 2011 already.

We are linked with signing one of the most famous players of all time, however tenuous the link might prove to be.

Philip completely ignores that fact and reproduces the various negative comments below.

:lol:

I thought that Ronaldinho was looking at buying out his contract therefore negating a transfer fee??

If the owners are financing the move out of their own money then it's win, win and in my opinion a brilliant decision

From the owners point of view it would

1) restore some credibility

2) provide massive marketing opportunities in India and South America.

3) Provide a statement of intent

From Rovers point of view

1) We get creativity and a player that can play as a second striker, midfielder or winger.

2) A marquee signing that will help attract other good players

3) A new buzz of optimism

If it costs £12 million or so over 2 years the positives completely justify that expenditure.

Remember Andy Cole, we bought him, he did the business for a couple of years then moved for nowt. Ronaldinho is probably the equivalent of that.

Signing Ronaldinho would be an unbelievable coup.... but just can't see it coming off. Bloody Spurs or someone will shark in.

Whoops! sorry.

If, and again massive if, he does sign, is nobody else concerned the way Venkys are announcing transfer targets on their FB page and on Twitter, before they are even official?? Quite honestly I wont care if we pull this off, but in the future, they hopefully will be advised from doing this. Its not the way to do business in football.

If, and again massive if, he does sign, is nobody else concerned the way Venkys are announcing transfer targets on their FB page and on Twitter, before they are even official?? Quite honestly I wont care if we pull this off, but in the future, they hopefully will be advised from doing this. Its not the way to do business in football.

any publicity is good publicity. Win-win for the Venkys PR machine, the signing itself is far less relevant.

Ok Nicko, I'll have another stab at why Venkys want Ronaldiho and its only just clicked. Massive name, massive publicity and I read somewhere that they want their key business to be in the Asian Subcontinent and SOUTH AMERICA along with other underdeveloped areas of the world. This makes more sense now.

Never going to happen though is it lol

Plunkett's tweeep about the "low down on the Ronaldinho link" in tomorrow's Telegraph would kind of indicate the Telegraph are going to shoot this one down. Probably not the mystery striker we're after... :blush:

Ok Nicko, I'll have another stab at why Venkys want Ronaldiho and its only just clicked. Massive name, massive publicity and I read somewhere that they want their key business to be in the Asian Subcontinent and SOUTH AMERICA along with other underdeveloped areas of the world. This makes more sense now.

Never going to happen though is it lol

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, don't Kentaro own or market the rights for the Brazilian football team.

If we don't get the teeth, we may well be looking at a couple of players from that region.... on reflection it's probably Geovanni!

Not on [current] short list.

hmmm....Does thou now know the list?

I don't expect Ronaldinho to end up at Ewood but if you don't ask you don't get whether it be Gary Lineker or Ronaldinho.

Whether his legs have gone or not is almost of secondary importance. The main advantage of signing him would be that he would be a magnet for other decent players.

And, assuming the offer is a genuine one, even if we don't land him, there should be money available for other top class targets.

Ronaldinho whould be an absloute dream signing but if that is our only signing it will be a huge mistake.

Can you imagine if we signed him and Andrews recovered from his injury and lined up with Ronnie, Ronnie would come off thinking what the hell have I singned up for all Keith can do is point!

Although Steve Kean's teamtalks will be easier pass to Ronnie!

I would imagine one of the ways we would try to persud Ronnie would be to convince him he was one of many new signings and sold him there vision for the club

Ronaldinho whould be an absloute dream signing but if that is our only signing it will be a huge mistake.

Can you imagine if we signed him and Andrews recovered from his injury and lined up with Ronnie, Ronnie would come off thinking what the hell have I singned up for all Keith can do is point!

Although Steve Kean's teamtalks will be easier pass to Ronnie!

I would imagine one of the ways we would try to persud Ronnie would be to convince him he was one of many new signings and sold him there vision for the club

if only we had a manager with a track record in convincing top drawer players to come to a small town club in PL :blush: :blush: :blush:

Plunkett's tweeep about the "low down on the Ronaldinho link" in tomorrow's Telegraph would kind of indicate the Telegraph are going to shoot this one down. Probably not the mystery striker we're after... :blush:

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, don't Kentaro own or market the rights for the Brazilian football team.

If we don't get the teeth, we may well be looking at a couple of players from that region.... on reflection it's probably Geovanni!

hmmm....Does thou now know the list?

It was me Nicko, said that it had no relevence

Archived