BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the supporters are cynical because they haven't seen any track record from the new owners, coupled with under investment from the previous regime. Until these potential signings become actual signings that attitude will be seen throughout much of the fanbase, whether that's fair or not.

We must be one of the few fanbases to provide our own sour grapes though. If Goofy was to arrive he'd be a flop before he's even had his unveiling at the press conference. If he doesn't come, we'll have missed out on a world-beater.

Cynically, if Venky's were looking for maximum publicity at low cost, leaking stories about Beckham or Ronaldinho would be the way to go about it. Both of a reasonable age, profile and -critically - stage of their careers to make it credible. One has to question the motivation for the original Facebook "announcement".

No doubt Cryer will poo-poo it tomorrow anyway.

I just want us to be able to afford proper, decent players rather than faded superstars. We were moving along quite nicely til the Trust pulled Hughes' plug.

Ronaldinho will be a bigger flop than Robinho. Sell some shirts though, which I guess is the main thing.

14 goals in 31 league appearances in his first season with City. Would hardly say that can be classed as a flop. Ok his 2nd season he spat his dummy out, his form dipped as he wanted to leave and ended up on loan at Santos.

The thing is, I think everyone accepts there is a chance he might be a flop, but its worth a chance, at the end of the day, no signing is guaranteed to be a success, and has a potential to be a flop.

Whether Ronnie signs or not - what it says to me is, Venkys mean business. They clearly are willing to throw money at it to boost the team & also the brand.

I doubt Ronaldinho would come here, but either way it shows AMBITION. Something our club has needed for the last 4-5 years.

Whether Ronnie signs or not - what it says to me is, Venkys mean business. They clearly are willing to throw money at it to boost the team & also the brand.

I doubt Ronaldinho would come here, but either way it shows AMBITION. Something our club has needed for the last 4-5 years.

Exactley hughesy!

The ambition is there, a sign of intent and its good to see the new owners recognising we need bodies and espcially a midfielder!

Say what you want this is exciting....

It certainly would explain why Samba wants to stay now and nelsen suggests exciting time ahead.

Can you imagine the shirt sales and the international support increases.

I definetly would be purchasing a Ronaldinho 80 shirt.

This is insane.

Can't see this happening and he is 5yrs past his sell by date, but Ronaldinho playing in the famous blue and white, mind blowing.

Saw him play for Barca in 2004 and his contribution that day was beyond belief, some of his tricks and flicks worth the admission price alone.

Great publicity for the new owners and exciting for the fans, you just never know.

By the way, only ‘Blackburn Rovers fans’ on this site could be against such a buy, then again we do have Keith Andrews.......

If it really was a genuine offer then I think someone needs to put a word in their ear that the best way to sign a player isn't by announcing it through the Internet. Can't see Abromavich or the Arabs going online with the details of how much they've offered a player. If everyone operated that way then Nicko and co might be out of a job. Also lets other targets know exactly how much you've offered other players, not to mention that if you miss out so publicly it can't help your leverage with future deals.

I believe the full background tale should be in the Mirror, but in the meantime.

Ronaldinho...once upon a time....

This is a Rao Brothers production. They have been after him for two to three months and have stuck at it all the way through. The Brazilian end of the Venky's empire [i didn't know they had one either] are actively involved in this.

There have been calls and meetings with Ronaldinho's brother, but they have often proved elusive.

The contract on offer is quite staggering. But the player has not bitten. Yet.

Now it is kicking off big-style because AC Milan have let him go back to Brazil to talk to Gremio - and possibly others.

Obviously there is far more money on offer at Rovers than anywhere in Brazil.

So basically it's the money or the beach back home...not a bad thing for Ronaldinho to have that decision because if he wants the dough he may sign, if he doesn't then he wasn't right anyway.

It's been a revealing day. The Venky's Brazil chap seems to be very busy. The Rao brothers do have these fantasy ideas, but to be fair they seem to back them up with cash.

I don't know Ronaldinho, so I don't know what motivates him.

However - as many have said - it is all quite exciting.

Significantly, I have established that this does NOT cut across the budget for Steve Kean's more 'everyday' signings...this is a specific extra project.

The Kean list is in, inquiries are being made re availability and there may be news on that front shortly.

But got to say my focus will be on where Ronaldinho decides to go.

His brother and agent is rather slippery, but most of them are. If the player does fancy the cash then it would be somewhat sensational.

Also significant is the fact that the Raos started this ball rolling while Sam was in charge - and without, in fairness, consulting Kean.

I can't imagine any manager would say no to the chance of coaching the guy. He is past his best, but it would be a hoot.

look lets be honest if Ronaldhinho was the same player as 3-4 years ago 1)Milan wouldn't be getting rid 2) there would be more than just us and some Brazilian teams interested...we have to accept that he's not the player he was ...however Michel Salgado isnt the player he was and for me he's been outstanding for us this year , and from a sales and marketing point of view there's only Beckham who has probably sold more shirts worldwide than Ronaldhinho , if he can give us 70 mins of brilliance each game and his fee/salary isnt going to cripple the club i'm all for it ultimateley he's in Brazil NOW that should tell us the horse has already bolted.....

Most signigicant line from Nicko's comments - Significantly, I have established that this does NOT cut across the budget for Steve Kean's more 'everyday' signings...this is a specific extra project

This is great news it proves Venky's mean business and will spend money on the right player

Archived