BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Singing ROnaldinho would be great for us if Kean can keep him motivated.

But other players would have to be brought to make an impact in our starting 11.

Otherwise, it wouldn't make a diference.

Ronaldinho this season for AC Milan:

16 games, 1 goal, 4 assits, 926 minutes.

Made the first 7 games of Italian league as a first team player, was out (probably injured) and is now on the bench.

Previous season:

43 games, 15 goals, 19 assits, 3486 minutes.

Good eno :rover: ugh for Rovers

So that's an average of 57mins on the pitch per match. 1 goal in nearly 16 hours play. And all this in a league where they have outlawed tackling completely. How do you think he will fare in the EPL with all the physical stuff and meeting up with defenders like Barton etc? to say nothing of the frenetic pace in comparison to what he's been used to. I can only see one outcome.....he will spend 90% of his time in the treatment room. How much per week will he be on??:rolleyes:

So that's an average of 57mins on the pitch per match. 1 goal in nearly 16 hours play. And all this in a league where they have outlawed tackling completely. How do you think he will fare in the EPL with all the physical stuff and meeting up with defenders like Barton etc? to say nothing of the frenetic pace in comparison to what he's been used to. I can only see one outcome.....he will spend 90% of his time in the treatment room. How much per week will he be on??:rolleyes:

Or another way of looking at it would be that he has made a positive contribution in 5 games out of 16- 1 in 3 games, in a season where he has been injured and on the subs bench. Have a look at the previous season in Italy which shows that he can do it in Italy.

Ronaldinho will love England, he is up there with Messi for skill and vision (and before someone starts another thread about Messi being better than Ronaldinho- he is right now, but at his peak Ronaldinho was every bit as good), he would destroy most of the defenses in this country, its all hypothetical as I think he wont join.

I would urge everyone on here to look at this vital point, for me so important in choosing a footballer, ability is very important,

but without attitude and character, for a club like Rovers, ir becomes only a small part of the equasion, O'Haro showed character in a poor Pompey side, controlled it, fought and worked hard with lots of skill, thats the kind of player we should be looking at!!

Fife, I was thinking the same thing, I'm struggling to think of a non defensive Brazilian player to play in the PL that had made an impact in the past bar Juniniho. but then I watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK1Gy5BsQrc&feature=fvst

He bounces rather well when tackled and at times defys the odds in keeping possesion of the ball when taken down.

What the video doesnt show is end product however

You beat me to it imy, I was just about to post:

"In next week's exciting installment Blackburn Rovers supporters complain about the potential acquisition of Lionel Messi."

I think the supporters are cynical because they haven't seen any track record from the new owners, coupled with under investment from the previous regime. Until these potential signings become actual signings that attitude will be seen throughout much of the fanbase, whether that's fair or not.

Fair comment.

I don't really expect Ronaldinho to land either but as it would no doubt have been another case of "keeping the powder dry" under the previous regime any investment at all in the squad this month is an improvement in my eyes.

Fair comment.

I don't really expect Ronaldinho to land either but as it would no doubt have been another case of "keeping the powder dry" under the previous regime any investment at all in the squad this month is an improvement in my eyes.

and that is also a fair comment. Under the previous regime we knew a signing like this was no chance, whereas with these guys who knows what will happen? Complete wildcards.

Quite a lot of bitching on here because not everyone is jumping around at the potential acquisition of Ronaldinho.

Smacks of wish-fulfillment to me, bit like people who wanted rid of Allardyce and when he went anyone who criticised the decision got slapped down.

For what it's worth I think it's a cheap piece of publicity for Venky's.

Some points to consider:-

a) How does he fit into the Venky's/ Kentaro model of getting nascent superstars at an under-valued price?

B) Just because we have signed him, would it necessarily mean that other players of quality want to come here? As opposed to Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, whomever? I think not. We'd still be a town club who's been under-resourced and has mainly crap players. Nothing much would've changed other than we would've acquired a Brazilian lards-ball who likes showing off but who might go missing on a rainy night in Bolton.

c) If we bought him, what budget would we have for other players? We're meant to be in for 4 players in this window, so if we bought Ronaldinho, what would the remaining budget be?

d) How would the purchase be funded, is it all Venky's money?

I think people need to take a step back, there seems to be a risk that they are being taken for suckers.

I think it is a statement of intent, regardless of whether or not it comes off, the owners have been negotiating with Ronaldinho's brother, the proposal has been taken seriously, so if its not Ronaldinho then...?? Better than being linked with and signing Benjani (under the previous regime) or people believing the papers (about Boyd/Giovanni)

Quite a lot of bitching on here because not everyone is jumping around at the potential acquisition of Ronaldinho.

Nah, most of us are sceptical about it, but it doesn't mean we can't dream the dream once in awhile. But those arguing that he wouldn't be worth it have lost the plot.

Smacks of wish-fulfillment to me, bit like people who wanted rid of Allardyce and when he went anyone who criticised the decision got slapped down.

For what it's worth I think it's a cheap piece of publicity for Venky's.

Some points to consider:-

a) How does he fit into the Venky's/ Kentaro model of getting nascent superstars at an under-valued price?

B) Just because we have signed him, would it necessarily mean that other players of quality want to come here? As opposed to Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, whomever? I think not. We'd still be a town club who's been under-resourced and has mainly crap players. Nothing much would've changed other than we would've acquired a Brazilian lards-ball who likes showing off but who might go missing on a rainy night in Bolton.

c) If we bought him, what budget would we have for other players? We're meant to be in for 4 players in this window, so if we bought Ronaldinho, what would the remaining budget be?

d) How would the purchase be funded, is it all Venky's money?

I think people need to take a step back, there seems to be a risk that they are being taken for suckers.

Whether he can still cut it or not at the very highest level is a matter of judgement for the footballing people at the Club. He might well turn out to be fat, completely disinterested, over paid and over here.

But he might not and would you not feel an immense surge of excitement seeing him run out in the blue and white halves?

Nah, most of us are sceptical about it, but it doesn't mean we can't dream the dream once in awhile. But those arguing that he wouldn't be worth it have lost the plot.

Mate i think its just a case of some people will never be happy. I think someone has already said this but we could be linked with Messi, and they would still find negatives. Like you say we should be allowed to dream.

I've been very critical of Venky's but if this somehow goes through I'd be delighted.

All this talk about him "going missing at Bolton" - no one's arguing this isn't a possibility but so is the possibility his immense talent will make a huge difference to our side. 15 goals and 17 assists for AC Milan last season - this season circumstances have meant he hasn't been in the side that much but he's still only 30 and has still got it.

I can't believe some people are against this.

Mate i think its just a case of some people will never be happy. I think someone has already said this but we could be linked with Messi, and they would still find negatives. Like you say we should be allowed to dream.

I can't get excited about speculation, if someone exciting signs on the dottyed line then I will get excited.

Being linked with players, trying for players when it seems they've already signed elsewhere ... is that really anything to get excited about?

Nonsense.

I can't get excited about speculation, if someone exciting signs on the dottyed line then I will get excited.

Being linked with players, trying for players when it seems they've already signed elsewhere ... is that really anything to get excited about?

Nonsense.Bah humbug

I've added the only thing missing from your post Bryan..

Say what you want this is exciting....

It certainly would explain why Samba wants to stay now and nelsen suggests exciting time ahead.

Can you imagine the shirt sales and the international support increases.

I definetly would be purchasing a Ronaldinho 80 shirt.

This is insane.

Archived