BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Even if Ronnie doesn't come (which is the most likely outcome) the statement of intent is a positive one and bodes well.

I claim dibs on any of wednesday's bad news.

Not bad being linked with this type of player, for 'skint or we know they don't have a huge wad' venky's as has been mentioned a few times on here.

From nothing to this, how amazing would this be and to be paid seperately by the Rao's, certainly would get the fans onside plus add many more.

Imagine if you were a depressed Preston, Burnley or Accrington fan, and you fancied catching a once in a lifetime glimpse of a world class footballer who happens to playing at nearby Ewood Park. Nevermind the armchair Rovers fans, i'd would think the town would simply light up with football fever that could surpass a level not seen since the winning of the premiership title in May 95.

Dreaming now, but is that not part of being a fan, bring it on and lets do it !

Venky's have got to deliver though.

There will be a different mood on here tomorrow....

Ok if you have heard something, that you have to keep off the messageboard - send it to me via pm. I will keep it to myself - if something signiicant happens tomorrow, as you suggest. I will confirm that this is what you told me.

Ronaldinho will be a bigger flop than Robinho. Sell some shirts though, which I guess is the main thing.

As Robinho cost 30 million...I somehow doubt it is possible.

For the statement of intent that Ronaldinho would personify, it is worth it.

Even if, like Robinho, he only lasts a year and a half before downing tools and going back to Brazil.

What I'm struggling to understand is if this Ronaldinho stuff is correct then why the hell sack Sam.

Who has a better record of integrating 'big names' successfully in amongst the 'journeymen' eg Anelka, Djorkaeff (hope the spelling is correct) etc.

• Backroom

As for Williams and Finn I suspect it is a case of when not if sadly.

It will be sad when they go but in honesty John's power will be diminishing by the day anyway I fear.

By the way the above is all opinion with no backup, just my thoughts on it.

I heard that John Williams is set to leave the club this week but I've been hearing that for weeks.

He has maybe been considering retirement for awhile. I suggest he is also thinking it is maybe the right time to go now and let somebody else replace him. He would leave knowing that he left the club in a good state. What happens afterwards, good or bad, it will not be under his chairmanship.

With any organisation, you need 'glue' to bind it together - that's what Williams & Finn represent.

I personally would not make a £50m+ investment and alienate the expertise when my own knowledge was limited.

IMO, this open advertising of the Ronaldinho interest is expensive folly. At least £1 to 2M has now gone on every target's head.

That's totally crazy. That has to be the laziest, inaccurate and biased journalism I have ever seen. Venkatesh Rao has never said anything of the sort and was said to be in a pretty good mood six hours ago...

Please do everything you can do to sign him and then sue The Sun. I think they are venting frustration that Nicko got the exclusive.

Archived