BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Whether Ronaldinho signs or not.......i just like the fact that I am going to bed dreaming that he'll be wearing a blue and white shirt of Blackburn Rovers.

gotta admit, it would be jaw-dropping to see him come out at Ewood Park.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it, I think the only other marquee signing which would have the effect Venkys want (I still think its about them rather than the club, but hey this has sort of made me think things are not as bad as we think) is Beckham. There are three instantly recognisable and marketable footballers with instant advertisement recognisability is Ronaldiho due to his striking looks the others being Beckham and Messi.

Venkys want to increase brand awareness not only of Blackburn Rovers but Venkys as well and the latter particularly in South America

Got a point there Seggie. Hmmm, I think Messi, Huigain or Kaka could do a job haha!. If Europe is a market that they are looking at, then someone like the pig climber would be as good.

Not so excited about Beckham though.

Has anyone ever published how much the Venkys company and Rao family are actually worth? I read a report in the LET a while ago saying Venkys made a profit of around £9m last year. IF true then how are they even thinking about affording such wages?

Surely they wouldnt risk destroying their own business to pay marquee players ridiculous wages. Either they have alot more money than were told or the stories are way off.

Got a point there Seggie. Hmmm, I think Messi, Huigain or Kaka could do a job haha!. If Europe is a market that they are looking at, then someone like the pig climber would be as good.

Not so excited about Beckham though.

Pig Climber???

Its late lol

Yes, Eight Million Euros I believe.

Although they'll probably beat it down.

So, potential fee of 8Mil Euros + 18mil(ish) Euros in wages supposedly coming directly from the Raos.

Kinda blows those posters claiming they(Venkys/Raos) dont have any available cash out of the water doesnt it?

• Backroom

Searching "Ronaldinho Blackburn" on google only three hours ago basically brought up nothing. Now the entire first page is filled with links to this story, plus twitter feeds reporting it and a number of news articles about it.

As a publicity stunt, I'd say it's working.

This is a notoriously difficult time to get anyone of quality unless agents have stirred up their players in order to bring in some commission in January.

So with Kean wanting players in to cover up front,midfield and defence he probably has two choices. Plan A, spend 5 million quid on three players with all the perils that can bring. Plan B, support impulse shopping from the owners, because if you have just bought a Football Club, you have lots of money and its sale time, thats what you do to feed your brand, personal or otherwise.

Either option is fraught with danger but boring it isn't. If we are looking for logic, business as usual, or a false dawn on the transfer thread at 4.00 pm on January 31st, those days are long gone.

This is roller coaster time folks. No time for the fainthearted. No time to be a chicken !!

Abit off the current topic, but with Venky's saying that they want to follow the Wenger Arsenal model, of signings young players and develop them into very good players. Why not go and get Ralf Rangnick as manager who was the manager of Hoffenheim, where he did the same job in germany as wenger as done at Arsenal.

Just a thought!

It is what Sebastien Schweinsteiger's surname is if literally translated. It amuses me to call him that.

haha class

I suppose today has provided a bit of much needed cheer for us Rovers fans even if we havn't really got a chance of getting him we can add him to the list of great nearly signings we have tried and failed with.

Well guys thats me for the nite, its been a huge day for Rovers, even if we dont pull of what would be a massive coup, as always chaps been a pleasure, lets hope for some positive developments tomorrow, El Groucho in a rovers shirt, it couldnt happen Could it? We deserve dream it at least.

9million for Kranjcar, 15million for Bentley, or Ronaldinho at a cut price.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Tottenham-holding-out-for-29m-for-want-away-trio-of-Niko-Kranjcar-Robbie-Keane-and-David-Bentley-article662553.html

For those who keep insisting we sign Spuds reserves, they will be overpriced, Typical Spuds. Were aiming higher these days dont you know.

Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Tottenham-holding-out-for-29m-for-want-away-trio-of-Niko-Kranjcar-Robbie-Keane-and-David-Bentley-article662553.html

For those who keep insisting we sign Spuds reserves, they will be overpriced, Typical Spuds. Were aiming higher these days dont you know.

Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie

Didn't they sign Kranjcar for £2mil? If so greedy bar stewards! Can understand it if a club is a reluctant seller and bumps up the price, but not when they are trying to offload surplus. Be funny if none of them moved.

Http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/860085/blackburn-join-gremio-in-race-for-ac-milan-star-ronaldinho?cc=5739

ESPN article

Didn't they sign Kranjcar for £2mil? If so greedy bar stewards! Can understand it if a club is a reluctant seller and bumps up the price, but not when they are trying to offload surplus. Be funny if none of them moved.

Http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/860085/blackburn-join-gremio-in-race-for-ac-milan-star-ronaldinho?cc=5739

ESPN article

I think its highly unfair on these 3 as well, as they are nowhere near te first team and cant get a game, they need to leave the club to get first team football, but if they are priced out of the market they are going to be left to rot in the reserves. By the way if Kranjcar is worth 9million, Samba is worth at least 12million. And how can they expect to get most of their money back for Bentley, he has been a compete an utter flop at Spurs, I hate Spuds so much, and Harry Redknapp for that matter.

The right way is to gradually build up a squad capable of competing successfully in the Premiership. We need probably 4 good players straight off. Then more in summer and so on.

Good, common sense.

On the other, it is also good to dream. Ronaldinho here we come! B)

Ms Desai sets up budget for club but the brothers get too buy their own toys for the club from their own money.. wth.. suppose it explains allot of the mixed messages like x budget from 1 half and unlimited from the other.

I guess as long as Ms Desai does not get carried away with any success her brothers have, we will be laughing, as long as they are doing the paying.

This system, with a shrewd sister and two flamboyant brothers willing to spend their own cash, can work IF they remain a tight, close knit family. Heaven forbid there is ever a falling out.

Why not try to sign Landon Donovan? good player and would help you sell shirts in the USA and in Asia. But he played well for Everton last season and would easily fit in the english game again.

Landon Donovan would be an outstanding signing. He's talented, experienced and healthy. More, he is a disciplined focused professional. He would be a lot safer bet than Ronaldinho. But I wouldn't say no to either. :P

I believe that Kranjcar, Bentley and Kean would boost the Rovers up the league table and would be a far more sensible way for the Rao's to spend their money. On the other hand, any signings which improve the squad would be a blessing, IMO, and will improve my opinion of Venkys (which is currently in the toilet).

Good, common sense.

On the other, it is also good to dream. Ronaldinho here we come! B)

This system, with a shrewd sister and two flamboyant brothers willing to spend their own cash, can work IF they remain a tight, close knit family. Heaven forbid there is ever a falling out.

Landon Donovan would be an outstanding signing. He's talented, experienced and healthy. More, he is a disciplined focused professional. He would be a lot safer bet than Ronaldinho. But I wouldn't say no to either. :P

I believe that Kranjcar, Bentley and Kean would boost the Rovers up the league table and would be a far more sensible way for the Rao's to spend their money. On the other hand, any signings which improve the squad would be a blessing, IMO, and will improve my opinion of Venkys (which is currently in the toilet).

I totally agree with you but would you rather spend 9million on Kranjcar, or Ronaldinho?

Archived