BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

I totally agree with you but would you rather spend 9million on Kranjcar, or Ronaldinho?

If I were Venkys I'd go for Ronaldinho, for marketing reasons.

But if it were my own money, and a choice between a 4 million Kranjcar or a 9 million Ronaldinho, then I'd go for Kranjcar. Both would dramatically improve our squad, but Kranjcar is younger and is more likely to act the part of a professional.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's 30, he can go to Gremario or whatever it's called and spend 4 years there on a half decent wage or h can come here for two years on £130k, then sign for his home team just before the next WC and play out his final years then. He'd be richer, still get to finish at his home club and be able to add England to Italy, France and Spain as top leagues he's played in.

Why not?

So, potential fee of 8Mil Euros + 18mil(ish) Euros in wages supposedly coming directly from the Raos.

Kinda blows those posters claiming they(Venkys/Raos) dont have any available cash out of the water doesnt it?

Just a minor point...

They haven't actually SPENT the money yet though, have they?

It'll more probably be "Ronaldinho to Roberts! And he misses again!" :lol:

Your forgetting Ronaldiniho is a highly skilled indidvual, he could easilly find Roberts arse for it to fluke in off

Has anyone ever published how much the Venkys company and Rao family are actually worth? I read a report in the LET a while ago saying Venkys made a profit of around £9m last year. IF true then how are they even thinking about affording such wages?

Surely they wouldnt risk destroying their own business to pay marquee players ridiculous wages. Either they have alot more money than were told or the stories are way off.

made a profit of 9mill last year... there not actually worth 9 mill

made a profit of 9mill last year... there not actually worth 9 mill

Thats apparently the publuished profit.. plus that figure does not include their offshoot companies which are some of the more profitable areas of the company (stuff like pharma companies)..

Not a great fan of venkys myself as dont like being a marketing tool for a large company, who have very limited football knowledge and well an awful PR dept, but money wise they are not going too go broke any time soon and I doubt they will run us into the ground, buying something shiny then breaking it is negative publicity in the extreme.

Not sure I like the sound of seperate budget for the brothers and one for the manager, sounds odd.. and didnt like the comment in nickos article about the marque signing being the first one.. we would have too wait for mr brazilian before getting the more needed support throughout the team.

Last thing we need is delaying until the last moment and not getting anyone in... after all we have been there before.

gotta admit, it would be jaw-dropping to see him come out at Ewood Park.

Be good to hear the climb down on gillette soccer special on sky sports on a saturday. For weeks they have done nothing but take the pi@@ out of Rovers and also MOTD.

The LT has an interview with a Rao brother denying Ronaldinho apparently.

You only had 30 minutes to wait before it appeared in the Sun.

I hope to goodness that JW and TF do not walk- we desperately need them to hang in there.

Recruiting players this window has just gone from difficult to very difficult.

The LT has an interview with a Rao brother denying Ronaldinho apparently.

I hope to goodness that JW and TF do not walk- we desperately need them to hang in there.

Recruiting players this window has just gone from difficult to very difficult.

the link

Unlike the Sun the LT actually has an quote about Ronaldinho being a no go from mr Rao.

To those asking for Donovan he's declared his intention to rest and re-coup rather than go on loan.

Also on the subject of loans, what does everyone think of Macheda from Utd on loan?

I would sign Donovan permanent if we could.

Don't think Macheda is good enough for the PL. He been linked with Everton in today's Daily Mirror. Plus why waste your last PL loan on a player who is not proven at PL level.

here the LET article on venkys saying Ronaldoinho is a no-go

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8766268.Venky_s__Ronaldinho_a_no_go/

V.Rao also say that they finalising possible signings but hopefully in a week we can come out and make things clearer. Money is not problem and it's about getting the right player and quality for rovers.

very positive talk from him. it's alright talking but you've get to walk the walk and make quality signings who are right for rovers.

Key words in the LT:

The site, and their Twitter account, said Venky’s had offered the two-time FIFA World Footballer of the Year, now 30, a two-year deal worth 7.2m Euros a year.

The story was quickly removed from their site and Rao has now rubbished the rumour.

He said: “That is not true. There is no interest at all, they are just rumours.

“We are still finalising possible signings but hopefully we can come out into the press and make things clearer in a week.

“Discussions are still going on and meetings are going on. Money is not the criteria at all though, we do not mind about the money.

“It is about getting the right players for Blackburn Rovers and we have enough money to do that. That is not a problem. We want to bring quality to Blackburn Rovers.”

nicko, I take it Kentaro didn't know this.

Archived