BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a ludicrous move? Bloody national media...

It is ludicrous, yet another cheap publicity stunt on the part of the new owners that serves only to drag the once good name of our club further into the mire.

That's totally crazy. That has to be the laziest, inaccurate and biased journalism I have ever seen. Venkatesh Rao has never said anything of the sort and was said to be in a pretty good mood six hours ago...

Please do everything you can do to sign him and then sue The Sun. I think they are venting frustration that Nicko got the exclusive.

is your contact a naughty lady?

Wouldn't mind seeing the quote from Venkatesh saying we're unlikely to get him? I'll wait and see what the LET say tomorrow!

Dont hold your breath.

As for the LET, you have probably read it all already on here.

In the world of reporters plagiarism rules.

They know we wont get him, we know we wont get him, but I would love to get him just to see that asswipe rag have to backpedal over so called qoutes.

Well done Venky's for even trying, at least it shows your intent is good, the first positive to come from a really bad few weeks for Rovers.

It is ludicrous, yet another cheap publicity stunt on the part of the new owners that serves only to drag the once good name of our club further into the mire.

Cheap?

Was wondering when you would leap all over this like a Randy Victor Meldrew.

That's totally crazy. That has to be the laziest, inaccurate and biased journalism I have ever seen. Venkatesh Rao has never said anything of the sort and was said to be in a pretty good mood six hours ago...

Please do everything you can do to sign him and then sue The Sun. I think they are venting frustration that Nicko got the exclusive.

trying to send you a pm. your box is full.

is your contact a naughty lady?

Haha, doesn't look like one but who knows.

I honestly don't know how the Ronnie bid is going now but I do know that the 'extra pot' will be used on someone else if it is not Ronnie. As much as I have questioned them, Venkys mean business.

• Backroom

It seems obvious that Venky's definitely mean business and judging by this latest turn of events it seems undeniable that they've got some serious money behind them.

However, can anyone really imagine Ronaldinho training and lining up with some of our players? Trying to thread through balls to "Big" Jase, or trying a one-two with Andrews?

I don't know, the whole thing just seems absurd. It's like we're trying to run before we can walk.

Haha, doesn't look like one but who knows.

I honestly don't know how the Ronnie bid is going now but I do know that the 'extra pot' will be used on someone else if it is not Ronnie. As much as I have questioned them, Venkys mean business.

So, just so that I have this right, they are willing to dole out £7m on top of whatever is allocated to SK, from their own cash, even if they dont land Ronaldinho? WOW!

So, just so that I have this right, they are willing to dole out £7m on top of whatever is allocated to SK, from their own cash, even if they dont land Ronaldinho? WOW!

They are looking for that 'We mean business' signing.

They are unlikely to give it up.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating - hope you filled-up over Christmas.

Can't believe that Sun report said our budget is still believed to be around £5million when a number of places have now said its likely to be much more and the fact we are trying for Ronaldinho should prove we do actually have a fair bit of cash.

Anyway, I just read that Ronaldinho in fact started his career at Gremio and there are based in his hometown so he would literally be going back home. That makes me think (even more so) that our bid is in vain... Oh well, it was fun while it lasted! Good intent and ambition. More of the same please!

not a fan of the sun, but the whole twitter/facebook element of this is embarrassing and i guess anyone neutral with some common sense would say "fiasco" and just not going to happen, would not be suprised in the slightest if williams just by association is embarrassed enough by this to quit.

Agree 100% with you

Archived