BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a genuine offer has been communicated at some stage to the player, that article is nothing short of downright libellous.

The player might decide not to come and the Sun might not want to see any top class players at Ewood threatning to disrupt the established order again but it's certainly not their place to describe us bidding for a top class player as "ludicrous."

We have money to try and sign Ronaldinho, we should be signing the likes of O Hara , Kranjcar or Bentley, imagine the fuss on here if come the end of the window we end up with another Benjaniesq signing.

As much as I would have loved a player of Ronaldinho's calibre coming to Rovers it does seem a bit too fast, we must bring in some stable players first to cover over the massive cracks we already have. I do give the owners big credit for showing us a bit of intent but we really need to get the players we are really desperate for.

We have money to try and sign Ronaldinho, we should be signing the likes of O Hara , Kranjcar or Bentley, imagine the fuss on here if come the end of the window we end up with another Benjaniesq signing.

As much as I would have loved a player of Ronaldinho's calibre coming to Rovers it does seem a bit too fast, we must bring in some stable players first to cover over the massive cracks we already have. I do give the owners big credit for showing us a bit of intent but we really need to get the players we are really desperate for.

Pragmatic and spot-on.

If Venkys release a press statement tomorrow denying interest in him then negotiations have not been successful.

If not, then great things are still on track.

No Nicko bashing! I'm confident his information is fully correct.

Come on,you should be happy we have the financial clout now to be going for these type of players. We seem t have it good again :rover:

Haha, doesn't look like one but who knows.

I honestly don't know how the Ronnie bid is going now but I do know that the 'extra pot' will be used on someone else if it is not Ronnie. As much as I have questioned them, Venkys mean business.

I would agree that Venky's mean business. not sure that Ronaldinho is the right signing for us. Would he fit into the english game? Robinho didn't and was lazy as hell. I can understand that they want a really top player to come to rovers and put us on the world market. Sponsorship would increase as would shirt sales. I can see what they are trying to do!

Why not try to sign Landon Donovan? good player and would help you sell shirts in the USA and in Asia. But he played well for Everton last season and would easily fit in the english game again.

So have there been signs that another 'marque' player will be targetted if Ronaldinho doesn't come off? If so, we might be dreaming of Schweinsteiger, one of the Diarras at Real Madrid, Kallstrom..................

OK I'm getting carried away now.

I doubt it, I think the only other marquee signing which would have the effect Venkys want (I still think its about them rather than the club, but hey this has sort of made me think things are not as bad as we think) is Beckham. There are three instantly recognisable and marketable footballers with instant advertisement recognisability is Ronaldiho due to his striking looks the others being Beckham and Messi.

Venkys want to increase brand awareness not only of Blackburn Rovers but Venkys as well and the latter particularly in South America

I would agree that Venky's mean business. not sure that Ronaldinho is the right signing for us. Would he fit into the english game? Robinho didn't and was lazy as hell. I can understand that they want a really top player to come to rovers and put us on the world market. Sponsorship would increase as would shirt sales. I can see what they are trying to do!

Robinho is a different type of player than Ronaldinho IMO.

Guardian "audacious bid"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/03/ronaldinho-blackburn-rovers-milan

Do you think that is likely BPF? How do you know this?

problem is who would replace him? We would need a proper football CEO to replace him?

I'm not sure he is happy with his slightly changed role Chaddy, that is just my personal opinion. All I can say is that I keep getting told that it is likely to be sooner rather than later.

How could they deny interest after admitting interest on their official twitter and facebook pages?

I think Philip and I may share some common information related to the LET, we'll have to wait until the morning to see how valid it is. But yes, it could easily turn into another PR disaster if not properly managed.

It may also be Mr Williams getting involved, after all the 'deny everything' has been Rovers' policy for years.

I'm not sure he is happy with his slightly changed role Chaddy, that is just my personal opinion. All I can say is that I keep getting told that it is likely to be sooner rather than later.

I think Philip and I may share some common information related to the LET, we'll have to wait until the morning to see how valid it is. But yes, it could easily turn into another PR disaster if not properly managed.

It may also be Mr Williams getting involved, after all the 'deny everything' has been Rovers' policy for years.

On an unrelated note, if Venkys had bought us a year earlier, we'd have had Raul and Guti this season. A good thing or not? We'll never know.

Robinho is a different type of player than Ronaldinho IMO.

Guardian "audacious bid"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/03/ronaldinho-blackburn-rovers-milan

"Rovers are understood to have offered Ronaldinho a £130,000-per-week, two-and-a-half-year contract and would also have to pay Milan a fee."

Hmmmmm. A fee as well?

On an unrelated note, if Venkys had bought us a year earlier, we'd have had Raul and Guti this season. A good thing or not? We'll never know.

Former. Yes.

Latter. No.

"Rovers are understood to have offered Ronaldinho a £130,000-per-week, two-and-a-half-year contract and would also have to pay Milan a fee."

Hmmmmm. A fee as well?

Yes, Eight Million Euros I believe.

Although they'll probably beat it down.

Archived