BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right come on own up now!, save the embarrassment later, who's been out and had a tattoo done this afternoon. :)

By the way I must have mentioned four or five times, Venky's have a huge grain plant in Brazil making animal feed and exporting it to their plants in India Etc. :D

Whether he can still cut it or not at the very highest level is a matter of judgement for the footballing people at the Club. He might well turn out to be fat, completely disinterested, over paid and over here.

But he might not and would you not feel an immense surge of excitement seeing him run out in the blue and white halves?

Well, yes I would but not if he were the only acquisition because he used up all of our budget. In terms of the bigger picture I think most of us feel there is a right way and a wrong way to go about rebuilding Rovers.

The right way is to gradually build up a squad capable of competing successfully in the Premiership. We need probably 4 good players straight off. Then more in summer and so on.

Then there's the other way, the Man City way----spectacular headline-making transfers that don't work out. I don't think the Rao's have that sort of money and fans can be forgiven for worrying that they might get sick of it if they chuck money around to no effect.

Basically, some of us have too much sense to get excited about a 30 year old Brazilian whose motivation is at least questionable whereas the likes of Bentley, Ireland,Krancjar,Warnock are something I can get excited about because I know it would work.

Edit-----just read Nicko's post that this would not cut across our other signings. So hard not to be excited! However its still the other 3/4 signings that will make or break us.

2-3 months with a very lucrative contract on the table and still no bite suggests to me his heart is ruling his head. But what the hell! I never dreamed we could ever get this close to someone as good as Ronaldinho. This bunch are aiming high and long may it continue.

Got to say it's the first bit of Rovers transfer news that's made me smile and be genuinely a bit excited for...as long as I can remember.

Good news that it's very much the 'marquis' signing and won't affect Kean's transfer budget.

As far as ambition goes...wow.

Credit to Venky's :)

As much as this has many terrifying facets- players signed without the manager's involvement, players signing motivated by money alone, personal loans purchasing a player rather than club funds... it is also incredibly exciting- I honestly don't remember the last potential Rovers signing who made my heart race at the prospect of them gracing the famous Blue and White. This is potential an epoch making move for the club, the player of the most ability we have had since Shearer at his prime. *If* he comes and can prove to be half the player for the club that another 'faded star'- Tugay, was we are in for a real treat; though i suspect it will not be the last peak before a trough of the Venky's rollercoaster!

Well, yes I would but not if he were the only acquisition because he used up all of our budget. In terms of the bigger picture I think most of us feel there is a right way and a wrong way to go about rebuilding Rovers.

The right way is to gradually build up a squad capable of competing successfully in the Premiership. We need probably 4 good players straight off. Then more in summer and so on.

Then there's the other way, the Man City way----spectacular headline-making transfers that don't work out. I don't think the Rao's have that sort of money and fans can be forgiven for worrying that they might get sick of it if they chuck money around to no effect.

Basically, some of us have too much sense to get excited about a 30 year old Brazilian whose motivation is at least questionable whereas the likes of Bentley, Ireland,Krancjar,Warnock are something I can get excited about because I know it would work.

Your more excited about seeing Villa and Spuds reserves in Rovers shirts than Ronnie, and to add 2 playrs who previously turned there back on the club?? Some people need there heads testingon this board, im sure of it.

Is that the same Man City who are challenging for the league this season?

Granted they've had more than their fair share of flops but only because the sheer volume of cash has been there - I suspect they would have been a lot more selective and paid a lot less money otherwise.

If Ronaldinho comes it will be the most significant signing since Shearer.

Note I didn't say "best" - obviously we've had many brilliant signings over the years but in terms of revitalising our current side on the pitch and making a statement off the pitch it will be huge.

The lad is due in at Villa tomorrow. But so much is going on behind the scenes there that I would not stake my life on it.

However - as a loan signing - it is a total no-brainer.

Romeu played 90 mins for Barcelona 'B' this evening, wouldn't have thought he was still due in England tomorrow if that was the case?!

What's going on behind the scenes at Villa, or is it an Exclusive waiting to happen?

Your more excited about seeing Villa and Spuds reserves in Rovers shirts than Ronnie, and to add 2 playrs who previously turned there back on the club?? Some people need there heads testingon this board, im sure of it.

You've got to look at his post as a whole, I think. He's expressing a sentiment and I can see his point.

Is that the same Man City who are challenging for the league this season?

Granted they've had more than their fair share of flops but only because the sheer volume of cash has been there - I suspect they would have been a lot more selective and paid a lot less money otherwise.

If Ronaldinho comes it will be the most significant signing since Shearer.

Note I didn't say "best" - obviously we've had many brilliant signings over the years but in terms of revitalising our current side on the pitch and making a statement off the pitch it will be huge.

Manchester City have signed a host of this level of player, not one. Man City's owners are so far richer than ours its beyond calculation. Look how many of their players have fallen by the wayside already at enormous cost. Our owners couldn't sustain that.

No need to get personal. Read my post properly.

WOW...... my prayers go out to the Rao brothers in hope that they can pull this off because this would turn heads if it happens.

Not bad being linked with this type of player, for 'skint or we know they don't have a huge wad' venky's as has been mentioned a few times on here.

Romeu played 90 mins for Barcelona 'B' this evening, wouldn't have thought he was still due in England tomorrow if that was the case?!

What's going on behind the scenes at Villa, or is it an Exclusive waiting to happen?

It's a quick flight to England from Barcelona...

There are so many intrigues at Villa right now that I wouldn;t know where to start.

Thought Lerner hugging his chief exec was, shall we say, a revealing moment too...the changes worked today.

Ok if we had the chance to sign Ronnie at the begining of the season, every single one of us would take that. From what Nicko has said, there is still going to be funds to bring in players on Keano's list. I dont see what the problem is, we actually have a chance of having one of the greatest players of all time in modern day football. I guess we should see how things pan out first, but come on Ronnie in a Rovers shirt, not in our wildest dreams could we even think this would ever be possible.

Ronaldinho would be an amazing signing, a real show of intent from the new owners, im intirugued as to who these players on the Kean list are as well.

Can see January being the most exciting January transfer window since 2001/2002. Super Andy cole.

Archived