BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Their PR is shocking.

The quotes in Brazil are from the Venky's guy out there.

The deal has been worked on for weeks.

The only reasons they would be 'denying' it is to [a] cover for the silly hiccup that came out yesterday and possibly they think their chances are fading and don't want to look daft.

Personally, if I had the cash and the balls to chase the guy I would just admit it.

When I polietly suggested that they hire a Western PR team who know who to handle the British Media, this was the response:

'Steven we trust venkys for u go to hell'

I don't know how that person was connected to Venkys though, this was on their Facebook.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their PR is shocking.

The only reasons they would be 'denying' it is to [a] cover for the silly hiccup that came out yesterday and possibly they think their chances are fading and don't want to look daft.

Personally, if I had the cash and the balls to chase the guy I would just admit it.

venky's PR is shocking, but just be honest and say we try but fail, he's going back to Brazil, and the best of luck to him.

Nicko, according to the LET, we are close to two signings, any truth in it? quotes are from Steve Kean?

here the article http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8766268.Venky_s__Ronaldinho_a_no_go_for_Blackburn_Rovers/

Nicko, a poster earlier mentioned that Venky's regret buying our club, and think it has damaged both BRFC and Venky's since the takeover. Have you heard anything along these lines?

I am sure they had no concept of what they were buying into. Football is a minefield that you don't get told about in the brochure.

I would also be certain that they will not like some of the things being said about them. Some of the content is 'borderline' in my view.

Still, the great thing about football is that winning and being succesful changes opinions.

If they react to the stick by being more determined to succeed it would work in everybody's favour.

I think my thoughts yesterday are now even more realistic.

My advice to Venkys would be that they need to eat a huge helping of humble pie and turn the clock back to when they first bought Rovers.

Reappoint Big Sam & Mac, restore JW's full executive powers and get one of the brothers over to England for a full 12 months working next to JW in order to watch and learn.

I genuinely fear for our future.

venky's PR is shocking, but just be honest and say we try but fail, he's going back to Brazil, and the best of luck to him.

Nicko, according to the LET, we are close to two signings, any truth in it? quotes are from Steve Kean?

here the article http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8766268.Venky_s__Ronaldinho_a_no_go_for_Blackburn_Rovers/

The list is in...prices and availability and rival bidders are being checked.

I think one is close, possibly another and a third could be on shortly too.

But wait until 11pm please :lol:

Your more excited about seeing Villa and Spuds reserves in Rovers shirts than Ronnie, and to add 2 playrs who previously turned there back on the club?? Some people need there heads testingon this board, im sure of it.

A case of premature ejaculation I think! Back to the real world.How are Bentley and Warnock looking now as signings?

It is MASSIVE news over there...and thanks to someone round here for helping with that.

Trawling through the various Brazilian newspaper sites, I can't find any mention of Rovers coming in for him. Plenty of his potential move home, including a story that he's already over there and deciding between two Brazilian clubs as we speak.

It doesn't happen with the majority of rich owners who are entrepreneurs. They know best. That's how they all made their money. Hands on decision makers,win a few lose a few which are tax right offs.

As I said yesterday dint look for logic, stand by for big moves and hang on to the roller coaster. We will either be emotionally jubilant or emotionally drained, or both at the same time.

Trawling through the various Brazilian newspaper sites, I can't find any mention of Rovers coming in for him. Plenty of his potential move home, including a story that he's already over there and deciding between two Brazilian clubs as we speak.

This is yesterday's version.

http://esportes.r7.com/futebol/noticias/time-ingles-entra-na-briga-por-ronaldinho-e-oferece-ate-r-22-milhoes-para-ter-o-meia-20110101.html

It doesn't happen with the majority of rich owners who are entrepreneurs. They know best. That's how they all made their money. Hands on decision makers,win a few lose a few which are tax right offs.

As I said yesterday dint look for logic, stand by for big moves and hang on to the roller coaster. We will either be emotionally jubilant or emotionally drained, or both at the same time.

Nicko, no other real place to ask this, so when are Kean and Brunskill going to get some help? Surely some coaching appointments are just as important right now?

I heard there were a couple of names being considered. However one of them - at least - is in a job. Agree with you totally that this should be addressed.

Aside from the Ronnie discussion, key quotes from the LET article are below

“We are close to signing two, possibly three, although the third is the outsider. I think we will sign at least three, possibly four, we might have one on loan at least at this stage that is the way it is looking,” Kean said.

“We are allowed one more domestic loan because we have Diouf on loan from Man U and two foreign and that should really move us forward because we have so many players out".

So once again everybody on here starts moaning, calling for the new owners heads etc and accusing them of publicity stunts, when in actual fact nobody had a clue what was really going on.

I'm not necessarily behind the new owners, I'm waiting and seeing how they do business, and what kind of business they do. I'll judge on February 1st.

Why can't everybody else do the same?

Ronaldinho on a big contract suggests they mean business.

Their PR is shocking.

I think you may be right Nicko,

They went for it, posted on there own twitter etc, but he has since knocked them back so they are distancing themselves so they dont have yet another pr disaster on there hands, though by doing so they create one anyway :s

I first heard about this about two hours ago and have read up a lot of the printed stuff and with each claim and counter claim it just gets more depressing. I said on another thread when the Venky's takeover was confirmed I had a bad feeling about it and nothing they have done or said since has made me feel any differently.

Once again a leak seemingly from attention-whore Jethro Rao has left us looking a bit stupid and has had to be denied (again) by Billy Bob Rao while sister The Dragon Lady seethes and strangles a few more chickens to let off a little steam. I'll tell you this, brothers, we'll go nowhere while these chicken bothering hicks are in charge. The Walker Trust might as well have sold the club to The Three Stooges for all the good it is doing us.

So once again everybody on here starts moaning, calling for the new owners heads etc and accusing them of publicity stunts, when in actual fact nobody had a clue what was really going on.

I'm not necessarily behind the new owners, I'm waiting and seeing how they do business, and what kind of business they do. I'll judge on February 1st.

No, Ronaldinho on a big contract suggests THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING... :wstu:

It is a ridiculous idea that would threaten the fundamentals of the way in which our club has endured at the highest level for the majority of the past 17 years. We can't afford this mentality, as it will simply lead to the commercial demise of our (previously very well run and managed) club. End of.

:rover:

Shut up will you! You're not allowed to talk sense on here. Jeez.

Archived