BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Publicity stunt some say - despite agent quotes....

De Assis confirmed: Blackburn have contacted us. There is also other interest in England but this is confidential.

So we know they are not very good at Media messages, and its also clear there are many fake facebook/ twitter accounts out there - however its clear our owners mean business, they are clearly after a marquee signing too.

Only Rovers fans could moan about something like this....Just be patient and enjoy the ride!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way here is Adriano's full comment..

"His dream is to play in Flamengo. I told him he should make a choice from the heart, this is what counts more than money or prestige of playing in Europe. I can not say where Ronaldinho will be, but I hope he goes to play in an environment where people love him and he is fine."

Well whata 24 hours, i'm not sure I can handle all of this drama, been a Rovers fan we are used to pretty mundane transfer windows, what a start to this one, regardless of likelyhood of us getting Ronnie look pretty slim.

Mrs Desai needs to needs to wind the Rao bros necks in clearly, it's concerning to see mixed messages been sent out on a regular basis. My personal thoughts are that they clearly have been tracking Ronnie as reported, they made a complete balls up yesterday by making this public on their FB and Twitter account. The question is why yesterday, if indeed they have been trying to keep this all hush hush for so long. I wonder if the feedback they had received was that Ronnie was going to sign for us, but then changed his mind, and is now favouring Brazil?? Interesting stuff indeed, but Venkys havent done themselves any favours here, but I am hopefull they may learn from these errors, Like any business when you are new to it, you are likely to make mistakes, I just wish they would seek advice before releasing statements etc.

Couple of positives, I dont think this is dead in the water, and expect another twist in tail by the end of the day.

From what kean has said, it looks like we are close to brining in 2, and maybe a 3rd very soon, along with someone on loan.

Venkys have stated money is not an issue,this will be judged at the end of the window I guess.

They only people with Egg on their face at the moment is Venkys, not Blackburn. As for the media, certain sections have always had it in for Rovers for one reason or another. Seems strange considering we are one of the founder memebers of the Football League, we were one of the greta teams of the early 20th Century, we are a small town club who have been over acheiving for as long as a can remember now, I thought everyone liked an underdog. I think certain sections feel we dont deserve to be a PL club, we bought our success etc.

Just a thought, maybe one of the Rao brothers logged onto their FB account, left the room for a minute, and one of their maverick friends decided as a joke they would post they were in for Ronnie on their account. :blink:

My thoughts are that Venkys clearly want to make a marquee signing and put Rovers on the football world map. Who that will be remains to be seen.

IF venky´s want to go global amd do so in style, then its a stroke of genius, if they can get both beckham and ronaldinho..

at first i had my doubts, but thinking about it, it could work of and if it does, it is, as said, great strategic thinking.. Those 2 would easely be worth their wages, in PR, merchandise and sponsors..

right now, we have a passenger in our team, dunn, so basically benching him and replacing him with ronaldinho, would be a huge step in strengtening our team..

im not sure if beckham is still good enough, but surely he cant be worse then grella, goulon or andrews.. again, a move which, will make us a better side..

i must admit though, that i dont think they will join us.

We have never been respected by the tabloid media and therefore sheep like fans. However, in the game itself the club was massively repsected for how it had conducted itself under John Williams.

Thanks, saved me the bother.

Usual hysteria....for Ronaldinho read Gary Lineker c.1990. And there were others we were ridiculed for wanting.

This is the wilder ride we wanted not the perpetual flirt with relegation and out of the Cup too early.

Enjoy the higher profile. The Press/TV reaction is always and has always been the same! Stuff them and not the Venkys.

Totally agree.

Why are people so wound up about the gossip? Isn't it better than silence?

Let the signings be the real news, the fact that there is so much gossip demonstrates that there is activity. Anyone who says the squad doesn't need additions, or that we would have had them without a change of ownership is not living in the real world. We will continue to get the negative, the sky is falling down merchants come what may.

I hope other targets are more realistic. Sure Ronaldinho is possible if silly money is paid. It could give a boost at first but it would be March when his unsettling would bother rest of the squad.

Nicko, when do you think you will be able to name a target? There must be something going on if the manager speaks few signings are close. This could easily be the craziest window ever for Rovers.

Archived