BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

This is a link to Rio de Janeiro based newspaper 'O Globo', we get a mention in the story, but I have no understanding of Portugese!

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/noticia/2011/01/novela-ronaldinho-dia-de-churrasco-e-ofertas-de-flamengo-e-palmeiras.html

Nicko also posted to that site (a different story) which basically quoted the Mirror's take on it.

The general gist is that as well as the Brazilian clubs poised to sign (he's over there), Rovers, a French club and one in Turkey have all made approaches.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you may be right Nicko,

They went for it, posted on there own twitter etc, but he has since knocked them back so they are distancing themselves so they dont have yet another pr disaster on there hands, though by doing so they create one anyway :s

He's not knocked us back, yet.

I think it reviews yesterdays offers, saying Blackburn and PSG have entered the fight and our offer is the biggest financial one. It goes on to add that Ronnie favors a return to Brazil. I dont know which club is the Tricolor (3 striped color), be it Palmeiras or Flamengo, but Gremio doesnt seem to be mentioned.

I am quite astonished by how the rest of the press have missed or treated the story...

There is the quote from Ronaldinho's agent which I seem to be the only reporter to have picked up on.

The quotes from Venky's man in Brazil, who is central to the move, confirm ALL of the details and more that appeared and then disappeared on the Venky's website.

There have been contacts with the Ronaldinho camp for weeks/months. Now is the decision time.

The Raos/Venky's do get themselves in a twist at times as we have seen. But there are also people in the media who seem intent to trip them up.

We already know there are people here who do the same for their own personal reasons.

The bottom line is what the headline in the paper says - It's the beach or Blackburn.

Those in contact with people who matter in the move [and I don't mean me] know even more about what is going on and why.

This is NOT a publicity stunt. If so they would have leaked it when it began. This sneaked out a couple of times before and was hastily denied when I spoke to people.

However the cat came out of the bag yesterday and won't go away now.

I hate to get all historic on you, but when Jack Walker came in he tried to buy Gary Lineker. Everyone, including Spurs and Lineker and the papers who missed THAT story, laughed.

What happened after that again...?

So Venky Rao is lying through his teeth then?

I hope Rovers have made his "people" aware of examples such as Salgado and to an extent Tugay, just so they are aware there is a precedent for European Greats at Rovers.

Either way, big thanks again Nicko for the info' you provide the board! :tu:

I think it reviews yesterdays offers, saying Blackburn and PSG have entered the fight and our offer is the biggest financial one. It goes on to add that Ronnie favors a return to Brazil. I dont know which club is the Tricolor (3 striped color), be it Palmeiras or Flamengo, but Gremio doesnt seem to be mentioned.

I think the biggest thing is this:

Does he want:

A) A last pay day and a chance to play in the best league in the world.

B) To essentially retire.

Today will be the day he realises that there is no money in Brazil.

We can but hope that the Rao family can prove the doubters wrong and the January window is their opportunity to do so. However, so far their ownership has lurched from one PR disaster to another. It would now be better if their was a period of silence from the owners and they allowed their chosen manager to get on with bringing in some new players.

But that appears not the way they want to run the club Parsonblue.The Rao's want to be seen at the head of any dealings that Rovers do(these people with NO football experience),the 'faces' at the top calling the shots and purely for self publicity purposes.

This does not sit easily with me and is a clear conflict of interest regarding BRFC.

ronaldinho.jpg

B..but Blackburn have sent me an offer and everything, why are they saying these things?

Regardless of what the brother says, this is still very much alive. Just a matter of waiting and seeing now.

So what the hell is the brother on about then?

No, Ronaldinho on a big contract suggests THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING... :wstu:

It is a ridiculous idea that would threaten the fundamentals of the way in which our club has endured at the highest level for the majority of the past 17 years. We can't afford this mentality, as it will simply lead to the commercial demise of our (previously very well run and managed) club. End of.

:rover:

What nonsense. You have no idea how much money they have. Your mentality is only going to keep us at the level we're at now, and I for one would risk it all to have a bloody good go at challenging the big boys again!

This Venky's lot have done a few stupid things PR wise, but I for one welcome their mentality, and it makes a welcome change from the stale Walker Trust.

Nicko also posted to that site (a different story) which basically quoted the Mirror's take on it.

The general gist is that as well as the Brazilian clubs poised to sign (he's over there), Rovers, a French club and one in Turkey have all made approaches.

To be fair, that Brazilian website article - including all quotes - was what started people talking and was there long before The Mirror knew of the serious interest.

In fact, the quotes have been directly lifted onto The Mirror's article.

Regardless, interesting times.

I really don't know what to think - believe the likelihood that an offer sits with Ronnie and he's mulling over what to do next, or that there never was any offer in the first place.

Seems nobody actually knows...

So Venky Rao is lying through his teeth then?

Amazing how you can paint the picture how you want it isn't it?

If John Williams was saying all this, he'd be 'bluffing,' or 'keeping his cards close to his chest.'

Mr Rao, however, is 'lying through his teeth.'

This is a link to Rio de Janeiro based newspaper 'O Globo', we get a mention in the story, but I have no understanding of Portugese!

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/noticia/2011/01/novela-ronaldinho-dia-de-churrasco-e-ofertas-de-flamengo-e-palmeiras.html

Basicly, it says he wants to go back to Brazil and his dream is to play for the Tricolor aka Grêmio( where he and his brother started playing).

Grêmio were the first brazilian team to make an approach but they are far behind what he wants. Meanwhile, Flamengo made a good offer, according to his agent, and Palmeiras will make one offer today (which they claim is good too). Palmeiras sent all their big guns to talk to his agent.

AC Milan Vice president is in Brazil as well and already had conversations with some of these teams and actually accepted to reduce the transfer fee by half.

Adriano, Roma's striker, advised him to chose with the heart and not for the money.

Basicly, it says he wants to go back to Brazil and his dream is to play for the Tricolor aka Grêmio( where he and his brother started playing).

Grêmio were the first brazilian team to make an approach but they are far behind what he wants. Meanwhile, Flamengo made a good offer, according to his agent, and Palmeiras will make one offer today (which they claim is good too). Palmeiras sent all their big guns to talk to his agent.

AC Milan Vice president is in Brazil as well and already had conversations with some of these teams and actually accepted to reduce the transfer fee by half.

Adriano, Roma's striker, advised him to chose with the heart and not for the money.

Look where Adriano is now?????

I gotta say Ronaldinho should choose us for a couple of years and then returning to Gremio with a big stack of Sterling.

What nonsense. You have no idea how much money they have. Your mentality is only going to keep us at the level we're at now, and I for one would risk it all to have a bloody good go at challenging the big boys again!

This deserves one of these :wstu:

In fact it deserves two :wstu:

Some of you lot still don't get it.

The biggest "risk" with these new owners is relegation and eventual oblivion.

The list is in...prices and availability and rival bidders are being checked.

I think one is close, possibly another and a third could be on shortly too.

But wait until 11pm please :lol:

Thanks Nicko, looking forward to who they are! Hope these are buys and not loans!

When I polietly suggested that they hire a Western PR team who know who to handle the British Media, this was the response:

'Steven we trust venkys for u go to hell'

I don't know how that person was connected to Venkys though, this was on their Facebook.

Your PM is full.

When I polietly suggested that they hire a Western PR team who know who to handle the British Media, this was the response:

'Steven we trust venkys for u go to hell'

I don't know how that person was connected to Venkys though, this was on their Facebook.

Your PM is full.

Personally, if I had the cash and the balls to chase the guy I would just admit it.

Regardless of what the brother says, this is still very much alive. Just a matter of waiting and seeing now.

If we truly are in for him and Mr Assis hasn't just laughed when it was proposed surely the best choice is to admit it and add some spiel about how great he would be?

The owners should be praised if we are serious about this sort of move. I see its been mentioned that he's not on the list but no sane manager at a club like ours is going to say no to a player of Ronnies Calibre. I wonder if they have the patter to pull it off? We'll just have to wait and see.

A signing like this is exactly what our club needs and if they can pull one off, well all the negativity that's been created will in the main disperse. It mostly likely won't come off but at least it shows they are willing to aim high and are prepared to stump up when quality can be had.

Out of curiosity Nicko, you mention that one or two are close are you able at this stage to reveal the positions they play?

The biggest "risk" with these new owners is relegation and eventual oblivion.

Cheers for spelling it out Jim, thank goodness you're hear to tell me what to think.

I'm fully aware of what I consequences I was alluding to when I said 'risk it all,' and I quite literally meant 'it all.'

If I want to spend the rest of life watching crap football, inconsistent results with no success, I don't care what division it's in. I don't think it'll come to that, but if I get to see a few Ronaldinhos and we have a right good go and getting our hands on some silverware and push for the top 4, if the wheels come off, so-be-it.

I heard there were a couple of names being considered. However one of them - at least - is in a job. Agree with you totally that this should be addressed.

I guess Billy Mckinaly is one in a job. Hope the other one is Ray Wilkins. Loads of experience and will get on with the players

Archived